KSP 1.0 General Thread + All the new features

Daze

Good Friday isn't only a Mexican holiday. Still disappointed they didn't throw us a bone.

And some countries take monday off as well, great time to start the hype train. Start it, then provide no material for 4 days.

...but (I learned this in the hype thread) ... the hype train runs on hype! It doesn't need pictures ;) The more hype there is, the bigger the train gets! In fact, I think pictures (doses of reality) only cause damage to the poor hype-beast ;)

Edited by basic.syntax

Not that new, joined the forum in December.

I was mostly just complaining anyway.

There has been some conflict* between Squad and the Forumites over whether announcements should be reposted here.

*Conflict might be an understatement.

Can someone involved in those test put some videos on youtube ui cannot wait :)

Not without official OK from the devs :) I reckon it will be another week or two until we get first glimpses of 1.0 on Twitch and YT.

What concerns me about fuel mining is.. the stock game is already too easy. A land and return is too easy. So now you dont have to take any return fuel... Making an easy mission even easier.

Gotta make these planets larger...

What concerns me about fuel mining is.. the stock game is already too easy. A land and return is too easy. So now you dont have to take any return fuel... Making an easy mission even easier.

Or add Life Support..

Resources weren't going to happen for a very long time, so it wouldn't surprise me if some kind of life support snuck into the stock game, in a future update. The subject came up in a previous squadcast: "Life support is something that might be added, but they have to balance it against people accidentally timewarping too fast and killing everyone somewhere."

Good points on mining. You could technically profit from it, but, I think taking contracts will pay better than bringing back tanks full of fuel. Flying tanks around could end up just as much work as an Outpost contract. (I like bringing those back, for a refund on launch costs.) I think some of the mining game-balance comes from the various parts needed to set up the mining - their costs, transportation, the mining rate. RoverDude has written that it will have setup options to increase the challenge. Old-school players could just ignore the feature ;)

Or add Life Support..

For manned missions sure, but I could land and return a huge unmanned science package from Laythe in an hour with ease. Too easy. Larger planets would require more infastructure and planning because of larger dV numbers.

Edit: That dead horse is pretty tender though...

Edited by Motokid600

For life support i would like that if you unlock high tier of LS in the Tech Tree you will be able to create self-sustainable colony, in this way it would be ""balanced""

I find this game is in no way to easy for the majority of players. This game has a massive learning curve and making it any steeper is unnecessary

I find this game is in no way to easy for the majority of players. This game has a massive learning curve and making it any steeper is unnecessary

This.

All my friends, who play KSP find it hard enough, and they aren't casual gamers.

My first docking took like one hour RL. It's no way easy.

(Just kidding. It was the second one. The first attempt ended in collision at twice of orbital speed, since I was orbiting the wrong way):D

There's no need in making KSP harder, really.