Squadcast Summary (2015-02-14) - The Valenti-nope Edition

BudgetHedgehog

That's a very nice landing gear model! It doesn't look like it would have very good steering capability, though (if any).

I'm guessing they will make another 2 Wheel landing gear to compliment it. Definitely hope that it will have a larger steering angle, large wheelbases (the distance between the steering gear and the main gear) aircraft will have terrible ground maneuverability if they kept the current steering angle

1086898.jpg

you get an IVA, IVAs for everything!

Including the passenger cabins? YAY!

Edited by Jetenginestar

Think of an information GUI like this. You know all that information that's available in the map view, but you have to click around and hover the mouse cursor over tiny moving nodes if you want to read it? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to read all that same information without clicking around and hovering the mouse cursor? Oh, and your spaceship's delta-V too? I'd like that.

But I'd also be completely okay with that information being easily toggleable, maybe even toggled off by default. That way newbies are slightly less prone to bewilderment.

People talking about Precise Node... the context of the OP seems to suggest that was one guy's passing remark about "wouldn't it be nice", not an implication it's planned for the stock game.

Great update, though still no news on an actual beta candidate? :rolleyes:

Also, that new landing gear looks smexy and appears to have lights. Are these functional... that would make landing without distance to surface data a whole lot easier (but feel free to put ground radar in) :)

Sure, we simply added a toggle that modders can use that will allow to them completely overwrite the aerodynamic model if they want to do something different, instead of running an override or trying to bypass it.

OOh, that's good news :)

Thanks for dropping by to clarify that, by the way.

It's safe to assume that between 1 and all of the old resource assets will be incorperated:

http://i.imgur.com/4gdjMio.png http://i.imgur.com/bppIxka.gif

http://i.imgur.com/J6BWayf.png

http://i.imgur.com/k6kZchy.png

I actually really like some of these old models :) They feel right. And nice work Roverdude on the resource scanning, looks really clear and awesome.

Edited by Pthigrivi

Sure, we simply added a toggle that modders can use that will allow to them completely overwrite the aerodynamic model if they want to do something different, instead of running an override or trying to bypass it.
Hey guys, just to clarify. I said the ascent profile may work but would be horribly inefficient if it did. We're still tweaking aerodynamics so keep in mind all of this can change before the release version. Some things are set, though, like infiniglide being dead.

That is great news. Very good decision IMO.

And STILL no explanation of why the video was pulled? Seriously? The previous ones were always available for viewing after the fact for those who missed it or on other time zones, etc. What's the big deal about this one?

Many companies close on weekends, and many employees have weekends off even for those companies that are open. It is possible that everybody who has a way of knowing is out until tomorrow morning.

I'm guessing they will make another 2 Wheel landing gear to compliment it. Definitely hope that it will have a larger steering angle, large wheelbases (the distance between the steering gear and the main gear) aircraft will have terrible ground maneuverability if they kept the current steering angle

Including the passenger cabins? YAY!

PorkJet said on reddit that they're working on a new landing gear module to better suit larger gears - hopefully, better steering is part of it. And Max said "every single part that can contain crew", so yes, including passenger cabins. With PJ and frizzank working on them, they'll be sick af.

I'm sorry for not reading the entirety of this thread (or viewing any dev notes), but one of the biggest things I'm wondering about that hasn't been addressed (so far as I can tell) is whether the in-game water will act a bit more like 'real' water, i.e. being a bit more forgiving than land in the event of a hard landing.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Many companies close on weekends, and many employees have weekends off even for those companies that are open. It is possible that everybody who has a way of knowing is out until tomorrow morning.

It's a long weekend here in Ontario (and several other provinces) too. If anything or anybody related to that is here, then might be another day on top of that...

I'm sorry for not reading the entirety of this thread (or viewing any dev notes), but one of the biggest things I'm wondering about that hasn't been addressed (so far as I can tell) is whether the in-game water will act a bit more like 'real' water, i.e. being a bit more forgiving than land in the event of a hard landing.

I'd love to see this addressed as well.

Not a peep so far. Don't know if it'll even be looked at. Shame really.. water landings are pretty much suicidal in the stock game.

I spent like a whole week getting this down for my cargo shuttles. I tail land and use vernor engines to lay it down gently. It's unnecessarily difficult.

Mini-update regarding the video - slight hiccup while "editing the previous episode and killed this file" so it's gone forever (unless someone was recording it?). I guess that means this is the only source for certain things? Feels kinda weird.. :P

Makes it all the better that you got it out! And yes, it is sad that a volunteer's work is the lone backup.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.