I suppose you could right click on the docking ports and disable fuel flow. The only problem that might be associated with this is that you would have to do it on the launchpad. I don't know if you can disable docking port fuel flow in the editor or not.

I suppose you could right click on the docking ports and disable fuel flow. The only problem that might be associated with this is that you would have to do it on the launchpad. I don't know if you can disable docking port fuel flow in the editor or not.

Yup, I though about that and you can actually lock tanks in the editor btw,

but there is around 5 tanks to enable at a stage separation, so it's not impossible but not the best. I'd like it to work clean without tweaking this type of settings in real time.

Also the lateral thrusters drain fuel from the central tanks as well because the center engine is activated at launch too. They should stop when their own tanks gets empty for each stage....

Edited by RevanCorana

So I sort of rebuilt your rocket based on your pics, and my solution was to take an M-Beam 650 I-beam, attach it to the docking port, and clip it into the center of the 1st stage via the first fuel tank. I did the same with the side boosters so I could have independent fuel flow. I am interested in seeing how you end up setting things so that the side boosters reattach without misaligning.

So I sort of rebuilt your rocket based on your pics, and my solution was to take an M-Beam 650 I-beam, attach it to the docking port, and clip it into the center of the 1st stage via the first fuel tank. I did the same with the side boosters so I could have independent fuel flow. I am interested in seeing how you end up setting things so that the side boosters reattach without misaligning.

Interesting, did you put fuel lines on that beam? How does it work to separate fuel flows otherwise? Does it wobble when you decouple?

I uploaded the lateral boosters, placed 2 battery to lock the upward landing gear and 2 sleek antennas on the bottom to smooth things out so they're more stable, and by putting them in radial symetry i've been able to struts their docking ports together (the ones attached to the central body).

Edited by RevanCorana

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.