The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

It is a number. You just have to play with parentheses to force wolframalpha (or any other computational engine of your choice - google gets it weird though) to group things correctly (or calculate by hand, if you are familiar with complex numbers).

Wolframalpha query: (6*e^(i*((2*Pi)/8)) * 6*e^(i*Pi/2)) / (2*e^(i*(-Pi/4)))

4. You can express the addition or subtraction process in anyway you like. Be it in words, numbers, mathematical expressions, a story, whatever. However, your expression must clearly and correctly state whether you are adding or subtracting to the number. "Clearly" here means it must be clear to any reader, without context, to understand reasonably what operation you are doing to the number. If a message can be interpreted in multiple ways and is not clarified by the poster, it is also nulled to avoid confusion.

So still at -18, b/c no number from you in the last post.

So still at -18, b/c no number from you in the last post.

I don't see how I'm contradicting the rules. It is a mathematical expression, which, when solved, gives you the number that I ended up at from the -19 before me. You could argue that it is not "reasonably understandable" to everyone, and I can counter that with "even if you don't know the math in question, there are tools that will solve the equation for you". Unless the image is not showing for you - I have no idea why it wouldn't, though, it's just linked from imgur.

The number was -18, by the way.

And now it is -18 again.