The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

Ignore my ruling, @adsii1970. I made a mistake.

Reasoning: we have previously allowed users to edit their posts before the next user posts if they made a mistake in the sign, operation, or number. That ruling is still in force, and there is no reason to contradict an earlier ruling now.

Edited by Dman979

12 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Ignore my ruling, @adsii1970. I made a mistake.

Reasoning: we have previously allowed users to edit their posts before the next user posts if they made a mistake in the sign, operation, or number. That ruling is still in force, and there is no reason to contradict an earlier ruling now.

But, but

8. Post that are edited before the next post will be nulled.

This one just got annulled for the same reason:

Does that mean that THIS is, in fact, the last valid number?

Oy yoy yoy. :blush:

You know that feeling where you make a mistake on a test, so you change your answer, and then after you submit the answer, you think the first one may have been right after all?

Deddly, thank you for making that point, even if it may have gotten egg on my face.:) The GM team will get back here with a decision shortly.

In the meantime, please refrain from posting until we make a decision. Thank you!

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

awww..... We're so close! Let us battle!!!

Sorry, but it would only make things more complicated for us, and you. Can you imagine if some players posted based off of -79, and other off of -93? I can, because it's happened before, and it's no fun. It makes people upset.

Thank you for understanding. :)

Just now, Dman979 said:

Sorry, but it would only make things more complicated for us, and you. Can you imagine if some players posted based off of -79, and other off of -93? I can, because it's happened before, and it's no fun. It makes people upset.

Thank you for understanding. :)

Argh!

Here's my point of reference for my previous post

3 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

how did this happen? we had -35 and pushing towards positive not even a wee ago...and now...THIS!!!!

lolol

Alright! The GM team has gathered and made a decision: @Deddly is absolutely right and we have screwed up (hey, we are only humans).

By the rules (which everyone should obey, especially the GMs - if we screw up again, don't hesitate to tell us ASAP), if we did let someone through rule #8, their post has become a valid revert point (only in this round though - past rounds are not eligible for reverts anymore as you all know).

By those same rules we do declare that the last valid post is:

Apologies to @adsii1970, while @Dman979 was present when the merge happened and vouches for your post being genuine, rules are rules - your post carries an edit stamp, before the next poster (which is invalid, but still) and is therefore invalidated. @Mycroft's post is also invalidated. Sorry about all the mess, we hope it doesn't happen again.

And now... FIGHT!

Edited by Deutherius
DAMN I messed up. Correct last valid post now inserted. Sorry.