The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

5 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

But that could be abused by the other team, like it is now. Say that an issue arises at like -30. Well then the team gets to -99 and the group is like 'nah, it's -30, beat it lol' and then the team that made so much progress has to restart. 

I think this guy just worked out my evil tactics :wink:

-62(+)

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

But that could be abused by the other team, like it is now. Say that an issue arises at like -30. Well then the team gets to -99 and the group is like 'nah, it's -30, beat it lol' and then the team that made so much progress has to restart. 

It's not abuse if you're following the rules. It may be sneaky, but war is about tricks, too, right?

Also, believe it or not, something like that has happened before.

[OLDMAN] When I was a player with the positives, Deu was constantly reverting when we got close to 100. Like EVERY FREAKING TIME! Eventually, some players got tired of it and left. But I noticed a pattern- he could only revert to posts that were invalid. I looked at the OP, and it said that "Posts may be reverted to at any time." Huh, I said, I bet I could stop this from happening by reverting as soon as there's an invalid post! I did that, and Deu couldn't revert anymore. Then I ended up using that trick against the other team. [/OLDMAN]

TL;DR revert as soon after an invalid post as you feel necessary.

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

But here's the problem I have with this...we have had two moderators for this thread confirm entries made well beyond -63...

We try to keep our rulings as small as possible, in order to minimize disruption to the game. If a player spots a post which they feel is invalid, we only judge that post and the ones after it.

If anyone has more questions about the rules or invalid posts, please feel free to PM the GM team- Me, @JoseEduardo, and @Deutherius.

4 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

To be honest, those rules are there for a reason. Keeps the game balanced when one side starts overwhelming the other with sheer numbers.

And while this revert is a fault of the GM team not recognizing a problem before, you have been warned in my post that any number edited before the next poster in the current round is now eligible to be reverted to. The sensible thing to do was to look through the thread, identify the first post susceptible to this kind of revert and revert to it preemptively. Or try to rush to victory and hope nobody did the first thing and is keeping track of past mistakes...

Sorry if this upsets you, but in this game you reap what you(r side) sow(s).

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

It's not abuse if you're following the rules. It may be sneaky, but war is about tricks, too, right?

Also, believe it or not, something like that has happened before.

[OLDMAN] When I was a player with the positives, Deu was constantly reverting when we got close to 100. Like EVERY FREAKING TIME! Eventually, some players got tired of it and left. But I noticed a pattern- he could only revert to posts that were invalid. I looked at the OP, and it said that "Posts may be reverted to at any time." Huh, I said, I bet I could stop this from happening by reverting as soon as there's an invalid post! I did that, and Deu couldn't revert anymore. Then I ended up using that trick against the other team. [/OLDMAN]

TL;DR revert as soon after an invalid post as you feel necessary.

We try to keep our rulings as small as possible, in order to minimize disruption to the game. If a player spots a post which they feel is invalid, we only judge that post and the ones after it.

If anyone has more questions about the rules or invalid posts, please feel free to PM the GM team- Me, @JoseEduardo, and @Deutherius.

yeah, same thing here, we got a revert from -100 to like -60, after that we got together, I started monitoring every invalid post and we roflstomped the positives :D

24 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

@JoseEduardoIt's not abuse if you're following the rules. It may be sneaky, but war is about tricks, too, right?@Deutherius

This bothers me that basically the game moderators/referees are saying it is ok to sit on an error and spring it on the other team right as EVERYONE, including the "enforcers of the rules" have believed posts made after the said error have been valid...for over THREE PAGES.

If we are going to go play "gotcha" games, I am very tempted to go back through every thread and find every error starting from the OP...

30 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But here's the problem I have with this...we have had two moderators for this thread confirm entries made well beyond -63...

- 63 (-1)

23 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I'd like to be absolutely clear on this - if there's a GM intervention to the game and we announce that "Last valid number is X", that does not imply that there are no mistakes before it. We are not blessing number X to be absolutely safe to continue from - there could literally be a mistake two posts before it and we won't tell you, because it's the job of the players to keep track of errors and to use them to their advantage. Our job is to tell you if your revert is valid or not and to get things back in line when poop hits the fan.

Just now, adsii1970 said:

This bothers me that basically the game moderators/referees are saying it is ok to sit on an error and spring it on the other team right as EVERYONE, including the "enforcers of the rules" have believed posts made after the said error have been valid...for over THREE PAGES.

If we are going to go play "gotcha" games, I am very tempted to go back through every thread and find every error starting from the OP...

I second that.

-66 -

See Deu's post above. :)

It's been done before. :) But overall, only posts since the last win are valid.

@Dman979 So you, as a game moderator, have no problems with the other side bringing an error to light when the other side is only a handful of points away from a win? But yet, if I find errors that would negate the number of wins the positives have, too bad because it has already been counted as a win? Maybe I just need to unfollow this thread before I lose my temper...

-69 (-1)

6 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Dman979 So you, as a game moderator, have no problems with the other side bringing an error to light when the other side is only a handful of points away from a win? But yet, if I find errors that would negate the number of wins the positives have, too bad because it has already been counted as a win? Maybe I just need to unfollow this thread before I lose my temper...

-69 (-1)

You are not allowed to revert to closed rounds. Not because Dman said so, but because it's written in the rules. Please read them.