The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

Hey I never said I didn't feel bad for you. You just might be taking it a little too seriously, though.

Is this a valid number? I'm on mobile right now so I can't see exactly when it was edited

5 (-) Oh my gosh this is so fair reverting EVERY SINGLE TIME

Thanks for not fixing it.

Im out.

Edited by Murican_Jeb
Fixed my number. DONT revert.

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

Hey I never said I didn't feel bad for you. You just might be taking it a little too seriously, though.

Is this a valid number? I'm on mobile right now so I can't see exactly when it was edited

edited at the same time as the next post, so I believe not

also, this is the last valid:

2 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

6 -

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!

17 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Wouldn't the counter to that be to not let them make a mistake? i.e., both sides police the posts for mistakes?

That way, when somebody makes a mistake, it's reverted to immediately, and you don't have to worry about them going back and reverting.

I'm not saying that your suggestion is crazy, but we do need to consider all the alternatives before changing the rules.

Okay, that's a bit of an impossible standard, see below.

10 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Correct.

Last valid number is SpaceplaneAddict's +13.

Play on!

Dman, no disrespect, but honestly, what the hell?! You know as well as anyone else that that was a super long time ago! Like MONTHS! And just so you know, we have been policing for errors! Clearly, both teams and you are just not cutting it. So either everyone needs to get super super on the lookout for errors and try to catch every single error, which will be a huge drag on everyone (it's a game, for crying out loud) or do the reasonable thing and implement an expiration date for revert points. Common sense. You saw how one positive, ONE positive, was able to undo over 90 points of negative progress and months of hard fighting just because of the fact that someone 'accidentally' made an error and the positives let it slide and only just NOW when they were about to lose, did they notice it!  Don't it just seem a little convenient that huge errors like this pop up juuuust when the negative team is about to win? Three times in just a few days! And they went unnoticed for how long? And no one can prove anything. Isn't that just a bit convenient? I've personally seen the positive side play dirty, that was why I switched sides, and I've been sure to keep the negative team squeaky clean in our gameplay. So here we have a buuuunch of awfully convenient things happening for a team that has been known to play dirty in the past. And you wanna have the team members check the other side? I'll tell you exactly how to get around that. The negative team isn't always around to police for errors, that's not our job (it is yours). So all you have to do is wait till you get two or three people boosting your side, or any side really, and then drop a small and not easily noticed error in right when it's super busy. I can guarantee you nobody will notice cause they're all busy. But now you have a save point that you can revert to if the other team starts to win. And yes there is a risk of the other team finding it, but many just want to get on with the game and are unlikely to go hunting for it. But you know exactly where it is. Instant progress for your team. And it's not really against the rules so the other team can't do diddly about it. Well it's high time the rules were changed. And I am going to challenge this revert as against the spirit of the game. I am fed up to my neck with this kind of dirty work. This game works on an honor system. But neither @Dman979 nor @Deutherius nor @RainDreamer have allowed for safeguards against abuse of the honor system. It's time we safeguard against these abuses and got back to the real point of the game. This last revert was way out of line, from months ago, and it gives people too much power.

Now who agrees the system needs a change?

Edited by Mycroft
Removed number. Don't use my post as a revert point.

5 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

4 (-) oh my god. just freaking remove reverts.

See I'm trying to help you here. The fact that you edited your post creates a revert point that I or any other unscrupulous person could use next time you get to -99

10 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

-snip-

1) Wild accusations of the enemy team do not help your point.

2) "The negative team isn't always around to police for errors, that's not our job (it is yours)." Read the rules. #6, bold part, to be precise.

3) "And it's not really against the rules so the other team can't do diddly about it." Unless they are paying attention and reverting ASAP. Which everyone should.

4) If you have any suggestions for rule update, please formulate a proposal and submit it to the GM team via PM. We like polite discussion and are open to changes of the rules based on fair and well thought out plans. Perfect timing too, as Dman has been hard at work to reformulate the rules for some time now.

1 minute ago, Deutherius said:

1) Wild accusations of the enemy team do not help your point.

Okay, all I did was point out how convenient it was for them to have that revert. And I'm not the only one seeing that. But even if that was completely coincidence, it still looks terrible. We need to avoid even the appearance of illegitimacy.

4 minutes ago, Deutherius said:

2) "The negative team isn't always around to police for errors, that's not our job (it is yours)." Read the rules. #6, bold part, to be precise.

Okay I stand corrected on this one. But as I said above, we need to avoid the appearance of cheating. This isn't about whether or not people think they cheated. This is about being sure people can't accuse anyone of shady gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Deutherius said:

3) "And it's not really against the rules so the other team can't do diddly about it." Unless they are paying attention and reverting ASAP. Which everyone should.

Sadly nobody is perfect, and neither the GMs nor the players can be everywhere at once, nor can they catch everything. Thus it is important to safeguard against abuse and human error.

10 minutes ago, Deutherius said:

4) If you have any suggestions for rule update, please formulate a proposal and submit it to the GM team via PM. We like polite discussion and are open to changes of the rules based on fair and well thought out plans. Perfect timing too, as Dman has been hard at work to reformulate the rules for some time now.

I will! Good idea! Now what forms should I follow to do so? If you can tell me, I'll draft up something to present to you guys. I'm glad we can agree there is a problem here.