The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Usually what I do is have a + or - sign in parentheses after my number.

That works, yes.

Have to do that or your posts are not valid. Sorry mate. @Dman979 right?

You have to clearly state what the number is now, and the operation you did on it. You could do that with a math equation, a news report, or just adding a +/- at the end of the number.

Edited by Dman979
What a strange double post you had there, GM!

Just now, Dman979 said:

That works, yes.

You have to clearly state what the number is now, and the operation you did on it. You could do that with a math equation, a news report, or just adding a +/- at the end of the number.

That works, yes.

Double posting, I see. :wink:

Lol

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Ok. Well, considering my post, on my phone, is listed first, I am not sure how the skirmish rule works. I'm thinking I'm done with this thread...

EDIT- yes, that's how it should be.

Edited by Dman979
Brain fart.

Just now, adsii1970 said:

-- posted within ten minutes of my previous post --

Ok. Well, considering my post, on my phone, is listed first, I am not sure how the skirmish rule works. I'm thinking I'm done with this thread...

Yup. Last one prevails. But help us win first, then leave.

-21(-)

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Yes... I did. I'm not a complete idiot...

I know. :)

And I forgot what I was talking about for a second, so you can blame me there.

7. In the case of two or more posts from two or more different people being posted at the same time(give or take a minute) trying to subtract/add to the same number simultaneously , the post that appears last on the thread counts toward the change in the current number (this does not allow override over winning posts). This is to avoid needless confusion and people can simply read the last post to continue the game. You also cannot spam posts in an attempt to override another person's change during the 1 minute window, only your earliest post will count in that situation. So don't spam.

Special clause for rule 7: Rule 7 cannot be invoked if in doing so it violates rule 2. So one person cannot override another person's post if they are holding the currently contested number.

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

So according to that, I could just put -100 and be done with it?

No, unless you do what JoseEduardo suggested.

1. You must add or subtract 1 (+1 or -1) for each post.

6. ... If someone intentionally jack up a ton of numbers at once and reach a winning number in just a few posts, that is way too obvious and won't count as a win....

Edited by Dman979