Space Shuttles are off to the museums!

Ydoow

Most are already in the museums I believe. One did a low fly-by in NYC this morning/yesterday (not sure).

I\'m planning on driving there tonight/tomorrow. And by plan, I mean total spur of the moment.

You guys up in NY got the Enterprise, the first shuttle but IIRC it never went to space. It had been down here near me at the Smithsonian\'s Udvar-Hazy center next to Dulles airport. I\'ve seen it a few times. Can\'t wait to see the new shuttle they just brought in.

The Udvar-Hazy is an awesome place. It basically holds things too big to put in the downtown DC National Air & Space museum. They\'ve got the Enola Gay and an SR-71 among other really cool stuff. It\'s awesome to get within a few feet of the SR-71. That thing is even *more* impressive up close.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

I really REALLY wanna go, but my other fear is that it\'s NYC.

I\'ve been there twice before, and both times it was quite unimpressive.

Insane traffic, dirty, icky, lots of people...

It\'s got some great things to check out (LIKE A FREAKIN SPACE SHUTTLE) but everything else about the place puts me on edge, like I\'m visiting a prison with no prison guards >_>

We\'ll see how this pans out. Biggest issue would be parking/driving

No real space shuttle, but I have seen the Buran a year ago ;P (Technik Museum Speyer). There also is another museum like that (Technik Museum Sinsheim) with other cool stuff like Concorde and Tu-144 DIRECTLY behind each other...

One day, in the next few years, I am going to Cape Canaveral.

I don\'t even care if anyone comes with me... I am going.

i wnt to the cape twice over the last 5/6 years, and im in England ;) couldn\'t go up to the launch pads as both time\'s shuttles were on the pad. the last time i wet it was i think either the second or third to last time one would fly.

i wnt to the cape twice over the last 5/6 years, and im in England ;) couldn\'t go up to the launch pads as both time\'s shuttles were on the pad. the last time i wet it was i think either the second or third to last time one would fly.

I\'m in England too... If I wasn\'t, I\'d probably have been already. :P

I will hopefully plan my trip to coincide with a launch (any launch, I don\'t really care what)...

Well I guess this is another reason to go to NYC...

Of course It takes like 2 hours to get there by car.

It would take us 2 and a half hours to get there by train.

New york isn\'t much different from my city.(Except the fact there\'s HUGE sky scrapers..)

I remember the last time I went to new york, I planned on seeing the construction of the new sky scrapers.

(Of course by then all they would have done is the basements...)

Thinking about those things just sitting about in museums for the rest of their existence makes me feel pretty sad tbh, at least I saw a Discovery launch.

(Was on a visit to Disneyland, and the shuttle-launch was the only thing that made that particular holiday bearable, everything else was so fake and cheesy… The rest of my family decided to go shoe-shopping instead… I don’t like my family much.)

Guh I wish I could have seen them launch. My goal in life is to see some launch from NASA. Anything really.

Same.

My family plans on driving to disney land next year.

I serousily can not bear a day or two in a car with my sister without getting into a HUGE argument.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.