Valentina's Day community contest

KasperVld

I'm fairly amused by the fact that the predominant feature of Valentina, in the community's eyes, appears to be "has large amounts of hair" :D

I wonder how close that will end up being, considering the males are almost bald, and long hair is somewhat inconvenient in a spacesuit. Especially when it drifts in front of your eyes in zero gravity, and you cannot take your helmet off to brush it away... Don't forget your hairnets, ladies! ;)

I'm fairly amused by the fact that the predominant feature of Valentina, in the community's eyes, appears to be "has large amounts of hair" :D

I wonder how close that will end up being, considering the males are almost bald, and long hair is somewhat inconvenient in a spacesuit. Especially when it drifts in front of your eyes in zero gravity, and you cannot take your helmet off to brush it away... Don't forget your hairnets, ladies! ;)

Yes, but hair still happens. :)

406px-Weightless_hair.jpg

<mod post=""></mod>[Mod Post]

Just a reminder to keep things on topic, otherwise things could get hairy.

[/Mod Post]

I really like some of the stuff I've seen here. Super creative. It makes my heart...boil?...to see all the artzy artzists in the kommunity.

Yes, but Valentina Tereshkova wasn't bald after all. She had shorter hair but not like male. Valentina_Tereshkova.jpg

I did give my design a cap to stop her hair flowing in low gravity. Like real astronauts who don't want their hair getting in the way ;)

First I was like "You totally not going to call her Valentina and then expect me to not base anything on Vostok-6. Or better both on it and on Vostok-1. Oh damn, why not make a clear image that she flies in some sort of kerbalized Vostok from cyrillic-writing country and that's first kerbal in space by showing some other kerbals being in awe and some box with "ÃÂÕ ÕÃâ€ÃÂ" sticker".

Then I was like "Nah, whatever. No one cares for my not so subtle attemts at influencing KSP lore. Just have some bad-ass spacewoman that is not defined as a female by liberal application of lipstick or eyelashes or pink".

7cc98fa13264ecae3a6d1059bc41f3f3.png

Edited by nothingSpecial

But ... lipstick :(

I was joking. The head's still cylindrical*

Though, to be fair, I would not be entirely surprised! It's rather decent artwork, and it genuinely looks like Tereshkova.

*It just occured to me that it would be really awesome if female Kerbal heads were some kind of

shape.

I was joking. The head's still cylindrical*

Though, to be fair, I would not be entirely surprised! It's rather decent artwork, and it genuinely looks like Tereshkova.

*It just occured to me that it would be really awesome if female Kerbal heads were some kind of

shape.

my design is super egg shaped