Raptor Aerospace

Raptor9

Just flying around and filming various maneuvers of the number of craft files took about 4 or 5 hours. Sorting, trimming, and compiling the video clips to the music another 3 or 4 hours before I was ready to export it all to a video file. It starts off a little tedious, but when it starts coming together in the video editor, it starts getting fun.

I am working on a cinematic which has 50 scenes, each taking like 20 minutes to set up the camera and to film. At the end of each week I had some mid-production editing sessions to reduce my post-production workload. Still filming, to be released by the end of April. You even took less time than I predicted that I will take. (cause I have lots of work, have to squeeze time for filming and making other YouTube videos). Did you have to speed up the clips to get a decent framerate? cause that happens to me that if I speed up my clips, I get the "true" 1x speed that we should be seeing. (that means the original non-speeded-up clips are a slow-mo)

Well, I don't necessarily plan my scenes to an extent. It depends on what kind of video I'm trying to make, what maneuvers are involved, and what music I'm using if any. There were a couple parts of the music score that I wanted a very specific image or scene portrayed. But mainly I just tried to capture a bunch of cool maneuvers of each plane from cool angles, and then I pieced together the clips how it seemed to fit. There was about 2 hours 36 minutes worth of footage I recorded, trimmed down to less than 5 minutes worth of the best clips.

I don't speed up the framerates; I use the raw footage recorded using Open Broadcaster Software. The only difference between my cinematics and gameplay vids are that the UI is hidden and I use BahamutoD's Camera Tools mod to get the cool shots. Other than that, it's pretty much me flying around and recording the maneuvers.

Edited by Raptor9

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.