[1.2.2]Spear of Longinus

tetsuchou

• Introduction

This is a fan-made Kerbal Space Program MOD of Neon Genesis Evangelion inspired by the official 20th anniversary plan.

But we are faster than the official plan XD. (I wrote this in 2015 and after that the official plan was canceled due to insufficient funds)

This mod includes a Spear of Longinus part and a Nerv flag.

• Download

GitHub Repo

Ofiicial Thread Link

Archve Link

• Installation

Unzip and put it in the GameData folder. You can find it in the Utilities in game.

• Credit

In-game tooltip description from:

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Spear_of_Longinus

Flag picture from:

http://wiki.evageeks.org/File:Nerv_Logo.png

============================================

What is it meant to do:

1.Actually I just think it is cool and its practical usage is being cool.

2.You can use it as a weapon to destroy something if you have any other MOD that can make weapons.

Problems:

Picture is missing, and my old computer has problems, I'm trying to find it back.

This spear is not able to be stick in the grond because of the mesh colider is same as its outline, if you want to stick it in the ground like Ayanami Rei, it will BOOM. I'm trying to solve this problem. If you have any good idea, please tell me.

Thank you.

Edited by tetsuchou
Update 2 years later

Presumably, the Spear of Longinus is an artifact and weapon featured in the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime.

In the context of KSP, it is essentially a big structual part.

Lol, yeah, no, I know about Neon Genesis and all, my question was more along the lines of "What is this supposed to be used for in the game?" Not that it has to have any particular use or reason for existing, I was just wondering what the creator had envisioned as a use for it, that's all. :)

Lol, yeah, no, I know about Neon Genesis and all, my question was more along the lines of "What is this supposed to be used for in the game?" Not that it has to have any particular use or reason for existing, I was just wondering what the creator had envisioned as a use for it, that's all. :)

This is what I understand from the OP and the links he/she provided:

- To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the anime, a Japanese private company participating in the Google Lunar XPRIZE wants to launch a space probe to the moon, which will poke a 24-cm long scale model of the fictional weapon into the lunar surface, to recreate a scene from the anime where a character throws the (giant) spear at the moon (news article)

- The OP probably got really excited at the news and decided he wanted to beat the Japanese company at the task by poking his version of the spear into Kerbin's Mun.

Essentially, I doubt the creator thought much about the practical applications of the spear in-game, and just thought that it was a cool idea.

Drop it onto the VAB from orbit, because why not!

This is what I understand from the OP and the links he/she provided:

- To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the anime, a Japanese private company participating in the Google Lunar XPRIZE wants to launch a space probe to the moon, which will poke a 24-cm long scale model of the fictional weapon into the lunar surface, to recreate a scene from the anime where a character throws the (giant) spear at the moon (news article)

- The OP probably got really excited at the news and decided he wanted to beat the Japanese company at the task by poking his version of the spear into Kerbin's Mun.

Essentially, I doubt the creator thought much about the practical applications of the spear in-game, and just thought that it was a cool idea.

Yes yes. Excuse me for not explaining what is it meant to do. Thank you very much for understanding. Actually I just think it is cool and its practical usage is just being cool. It will be cooler if we can make some big news. Hahaha

And thank you for providing the English version of the news. I will also edit my post for adding the link explaining the usage.

Thank you.

Well, as a transparent mystery goo with a banana inside is cool and kerbal enough, why not for the spear?

Thanks a lot for having questions. Excuse me for not explaining the practical usage of this MOD. Actually I just think it is cool and its practical usage is just being cool. I have edited the post for explaining it.

tetsuchou said:
I have problems adding it to CKAN. Someone could please help me?:confused::confused:

I tried writing up a description file for this too, but had some problems with your packaging.

Could you please create a new zip file, with a stable directory name (which does not contain a version number, like the "0.6" in your case)? A good example is NanoKube: Ultra-Small Probes which looks like:

GameData
    \-NanoKube
        \-Parts
        \-Resources
Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

I suppose if one wanted to make it have a KSP purpose a contract could be created stating that Kerbal Science has detected an AT filed on the Mun and the Spear could be given a config that would allow the successful landing into the Mun the Spear is activated and the At field is dissipated and the contract fulfilled.

This is amazing

I tried writing up a description file for this too, but had some problems with your packaging.

Could you please create a new zip file, with a stable directory name (which does not contain a version number, like the "0.6" in your case)? A good example is https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/579/NanoKube:%20Ultra-Small%20Probes which looks like:

GameData
\-NanoKube
\-Parts
\-Resources

Thanks a lot.

I have published update of the 0.7 version on Kerbal Stuff just now. Is it ok if the zip file is with a version number? Like 'Spear of Longinus 0.7.zip' but the inside will be /Spear of Longinus ? Like:

Spear of Longinus 0.7.zip
\-GameData
\-Spear of Longinus
\-Parts
\-Flags
\-License.txt

If it is not proper, please tell me. This is my first MOD. Please excuse me for my mistakes.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

So can you use this with KAS to make a space elevator? :)

It is a good idea but the spear is only about 24m long.

(When it was in Solidworks it was about 2400mm and at I did't know the unit in unity was meter. So the first time I load it in the game it was like 2.4 kilometers)

If you want to make a space elevator with KAS and a single spear, you might try to edit the .cfg file. :D

The picture shown in the introduction is a "forced perspective". The orbit is actually over 10km.

Like:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Europe_2007_Disk_1_340.jpg

(The picture is from wikipedia)

Edited by tetsuchou
Corrected picture link

Thanks a lot.

I have published update of the 0.7 version on Kerbal Stuff just now. Is it ok if the zip file is with a version number? Like 'Spear of Longinus 0.7.zip' but the inside will be /Spear of Longinus ? Like:

\-GameData
\-Spear of Longinus
\-Parts
\-Flags
\-License.txt

If it is not proper, please tell me. This is my first MOD. Please excuse me for my mistakes.

Thank you.

Yes, publishing the version number in the Zip is fine, that way people that download it can keep track, but not having it in the folder means that if it just gets extracted it will overwrite the location with each update (assuming the files themselves are named the same)

Thanks a lot.

\-GameData
\-Spear of Longinus
\-Parts
\-Flags
\-License.txt

Thank you.

Yes, this is very nearly perfect. The only thing I can think of is that you might want to write the top-level directory as one word, like "SpearOfLonginus". Nearly any mod I know uses the camel cased name (which would be "SpearOfLonginus" in your case).

Anyway, the CKAN file I wrote accepts your zip file as it is now, so I need to get home now and plant a spear on Mun :)

Yes, this is very nearly perfect. The only thing I can think of is that you might want to write the top-level directory as one word, like "SpearOfLonginus". Nearly any mod I know uses the camel cased name (which would be "SpearOfLonginus" in your case).

Anyway, the CKAN file I wrote accepts your zip file as it is now, so I need to get home now and plant a spear on Mun :)

WOW! I can find it on CKAN now! I am sooooo happy! Thank you very much!!!

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.