[1.0.1] KerbalScienceExchange - 1.1.1 - 01.05.2015 - KSP 1.0 recompile

SpaceTiger

A little plugin for career mode.

Did you ever miss only a few science points to unlock a technode?

Do you have too many science points and dont know what to do with them ?

Do you want a quick and easy solution for your problems ?

Well search no longer! We got the solution for you presenting KerbalScienceExchange!

This little plugin allows you to sell your science points directly to the kerbal academy(or the kerbal military) or buy some for some funding.

For this plugin not to be too cheaty there is a tax fee and conversion fee. You can affect the conversion fee by raising your reputation, the tax on the other hand cant be modified ingame.

All the values are saved in a cfg file in its "PluginData" folder.

87xNTDj.jpg

FAQ

Q: How do i install this mod ?

A: The zip files are all structured so that you only have to extract them into your kerbal folder and overwrite the folder.

Q: How do i uninstall this mod ?

A: I'm sorry that you want to do that. Just remove the "KerbalScienceExchange" folder in your "GameData\KerboKatz" folder. If you aren't using any of our other mods you can remove the "KerboKatz" folder too. If you have a few minutes please tell us what you didn't like about this mod. So we can improve it.

Q: This mod isn't working ?!!!!

A: Make sure you got the KerboKatzUtilities. If you do so please post your output_log so we can investigate your issues.

Q: I installed with CKAN and it's not working!

A: Even though we let CKAN generate meta files for our mods we don't actively check if its actually working or has the newest version. In cases with issues that can't be reproduced with a manual install, it's suggested to take it to the CKAN guys.

Q: How do i access this mod?

A: If you don't have any other mods created by us you are going to have a new toolbar icon. If you do have another mod installed you will have a green cat icon, by clicking on it it will pop up another "toolbar" with all of our active mods listed in it and you can chose this mod out of the list. By left-clicking on the icon the main window of this mod will pop up.

Q: I have issues with this mod.

A: Please post your output_log, detailed description and reproduction steps so we can investigate your issues.

Q: I have a suggestion for this mod.

A: Just post it in this thread. We always like new ideas. But please be aware that some things might not be doable.

Q: I like your mod how can i thank you ?

A: Just post something in this thread. We like reputation points too :wink:. If you feel like it you can donate to us too.

If you like our mods please consider a donation:btn_donate_LG.gif

Or Support us on patreon.png

Download: GitHub / Curse

Source: GitHub

License: All rights reserved.

Requires: KerboKatzUtilities: 1.2.0 -> License: All rights reserved. (included in the downloads)

ckan-indexed-100.png

If you like our mods please consider a donation:

Changelog:

Spoiler
  • v 1.1.1
    • Recompiled for KSP 1.0.1 and KerboKatzUtilities 1.2.1
  • v 1.1
    • KSP 1.0 recompile
    • KerboKatzUtilities compatibility release
    • Initial release

Edited by SpaceTiger

• 3 weeks later...

This mod adds an app launcher icon in the space center view you click on it and window will pop up.

There you can type in how much science you want to buy or sell. It will show you how much you will get or have to pay. Finally you press one of the 2 buttons (Sell/Buy). If you don't have enough funding/science the buttons will be greyed out.

• 1 month later...
i just installed this via CKAN and i dont have the icon

i also have Distant Object Enhancement and TextureReplacer which both add icons into that spot, possible conflict?

It seems as if CKAN is installing this to the wrong location. I will poke them at GitHub and see what they can do about it. in the meantime you can grab it of here and it should work fine :)

Great and handy mod!

Little bug report:

In the space center scene the icon shows up in the stock toolbar no problem. But every other scene it doesn't disappear but instead becomes a solid white box in the stock toolbar (Non functioning of course). When going back to space center it is normal again. The white box and part of the stock toolbar remains even when going back to main menu :D

Great and handy mod!

Little bug report:

In the space center scene the icon shows up in the stock toolbar no problem. But every other scene it doesn't disappear but instead becomes a solid white box in the stock toolbar (Non functioning of course). When going back to space center it is normal again. The white box and part of the stock toolbar remains even when going back to main menu :D

Try getting the newest KerboKatzUtilities.If that doesn't fix it please upload your output log somewhere so i can have a look at it.

• 9 months later...
On 3.3.2016 at 2:18 AM, Darbin Giesorg said:

Question: Doesn't the "Research Rights Sell-Out" strategy do half of what this plugin does already? Converting Science to Funds immediately. Or did I misunderstand the purpose? Apparently, there is no option for quickly buying Science but selling seems to exist.

Yeah, it got added after we created this plugin. But it still can be usefull to buy science :)

• 1 month later...

Not exactly a push, but a curiosity - will 1.1.2 be a thing for this or no? I know you're putting a lot of work into the Science Sampler side right now, and this is likely low priority (less than a page in over a year? Yeah...) but figured I'd ask anyhow.

13 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Not exactly a push, but a curiosity - will 1.1.2 be a thing for this or no? I know you're putting a lot of work into the Science Sampler side right now, and this is likely low priority (less than a page in over a year? Yeah...) but figured I'd ask anyhow.

We might update it and bundle it with KerboKatz - SmallUtilities at some point in the future. But like you said there doesn't seem much demand for this.

On 2016-03-03 at 2:17 PM, SpaceTiger said:

Yeah, it got added after we created this plugin. But it still can be usefull to buy science :)

I second that, I also find this mod useful and hope you can find the time to do an update, thx for your awesome work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you don't wish to update this mod, would you please consider Electr0ninja's request to modify the license for it to allow others to do so? The number of posts in a thread is not a true indicator of popularity or demand as when there is not problems, or someone else has already posted what is wanted to be said, there is no need to add posts. This has actually been very missed especially when used with other modes that involved funds or science. :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 4.5.2016 at 9:55 AM, SpaceTiger said:

We might update it and bundle it with KerboKatz - SmallUtilities at some point in the future. But like you said there doesn't seem much demand for this.

mind i ask .. what about the "KerbalScienceExchange" portion? .. i find it rather necessary in career mode right after you unlocked the full tech tree .. or are there alternatives? (i had to update to KSP 1.1.3 .. steam forced me to :/)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.