SpaceTiger

[1.3.0] CraftHistory - 2.2.0 - 04.06.2017

155 posts in this topic

This mod is so incredibly useful to me, so thanks for making it! Unfortunately, after using it a few minutes I've discovered a couple of issues that prevent me from using it in my serious games.

First, which folder is actually selected in the Load menu is ambiguous - the highlight tells you which folder you last single-clicked on, but you have to double-click to actually select a folder. This leads to a mismatch between the highlighted folder and the folder whose contents is shown. I think that having single-click select the folder would probably be more intuitive here and would solve the issue without needing to add new labels.

Second, the category that the current craft is saved into seems to be determined by the folder last selected in the Load menu, even when closed. I can easily imagine myself opening the load menu to merge in a craft from another category, then forgetting to reset the category before saving again. Perhaps it would be better to add a separate category selector for the currently-edited craft?

For reference, I'm running 64-bit Linux (Arch Linux, specifically), and I installed just this mod (+KerboKatzUtilities) on a clean copy of KSP.

On 19.12.2016 at 2:04 PM, JonDahm said:

First, which folder is actually selected in the Load menu is ambiguous - the highlight tells you which folder you last single-clicked on, but you have to double-click to actually select a folder. This leads to a mismatch between the highlighted folder and the folder whose contents is shown. I think that having single-click select the folder would probably be more intuitive here and would solve the issue without needing to add new labels.

The idea behind the double click is that if you want to rename or delete a folder you can do it quickly without loading all its contents first.

But i do agree that there could be a better way to handle this(have different colors/use the context menu).

See issue #6

On 19.12.2016 at 2:04 PM, JonDahm said:

Second, the category that the current craft is saved into seems to be determined by the folder last selected in the Load menu, even when closed. I can easily imagine myself opening the load menu to merge in a craft from another category, then forgetting to reset the category before saving again. Perhaps it would be better to add a separate category selector for the currently-edited craft?

Wouldn't having a second selector make the UI even more cluttered?

We are am open for suggestions how this can be handled better.

On another note:

Release of 2.1.0 adds sorting by craft age!

1 person likes this

Did you ever wonder which of your craft files couldn't be loaded with the option "hide unloadable" being off ?

With the latest pre-release you will now know for sure!

As a side note its compatible with KSP 1.3

2 people like this

What is the criteria for vessels being marked as incomplete! with a red background?

Thank you

On 8/15/2017 at 1:39 AM, WhitestWizard said:

What is the criteria for vessels being marked as incomplete! with a red background?

Thank you

When you don't have the parts unlocked through research or they aren't available in your game at all cause of a removed mod.