[1.8.x] CraftHistory - 2.2.1 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

This mod doesn't seem to play nice with Kerbal Construction Time. KCT adds an item to the build list but when i exit the editor, the build list is empty. Are you loading an older persistent save file when you exit the VAB?

I'm not touching the persistent file. It might be that i overwrite the exit button so KCT never gets triggered but quickly looking over the KCT code i can't find any place that does replace it.

Edit: Might be an issue how i leave the editor scene but i have no idea if KCT expects anything special.

Edit 2: Found the bug and fixed it. Will upload it soon.

Edited by SpaceTiger

Big Thanks for this great Mod.

Is it possible to add the new stock merge feature to your mod? or the possibility to switch to the stock load vessel menu?

I didn't even know about this "merge feature" a few days ago. I'm going to investigate if this is possible.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a method for this. So I'll go with this is not possible at this point in time.

Edited by SpaceTiger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick heads up, it's completely inconsequential but the version installed from CKAN is reporting in AVC that it's for 1.0.0 only. It runs just fine on 1.0.2, and obviously it's easy to fix on my own computer, but it might cause confusion for new users.

• 2 weeks later...

I just figured out that the reason that all of my ships weren't loading in the VAB was due to this mod hiding ships which are unloadable.

So I make it show the unloadable craft, and now they are all showing. Of course, most of them are unloadable. But I don't know why.

Is there a way to have it show the reasons it is unloadable? I assume it is missing parts due to uninstalled mods, but I don't know which ones.

Thanks in advance

LGG

- - - Updated - - -

Quick heads up, it's completely inconsequential but the version installed from CKAN is reporting in AVC that it's for 1.0.0 only. It runs just fine on 1.0.2, and obviously it's easy to fix on my own computer, but it might cause confusion for new users.

This appears to be an AVC problem. The version file installed by CKAN is correct, I'm going to report this to the AVC author

I just figured out that the reason that all of my ships weren't loading in the VAB was due to this mod hiding ships which are unloadable.

So I make it show the unloadable craft, and now they are all showing. Of course, most of them are unloadable. But I don't know why.

Is there a way to have it show the reasons it is unloadable? I assume it is missing parts due to uninstalled mods, but I don't know which ones.

This might be possible, but i don't think it would help much. The output would be the internal part name, which as an example is: "turboFanEngine" instead of "J-X4 "Whiplash" Turbo Ramjet Engine".

This appears to be an AVC problem. The version file installed by CKAN is correct, I'm going to report this to the AVC author

He's right that this is cause of CraftHistory's version file which i didn't update in a while.

Love the mod, and have one suggestion.

"Minor craft versions" in conjunction with auto-truncation"

For example, let's say I want to take the ultra-safe-road and generate a history-entry every ~5 minutes.

I also don't want to fill up my HDD, or in case of another poster a few pages back, SSD.

New Option: Handle all interval saves as minor version

New Option: Keep [_] max minor versions

New Button on craft-file: Save as/convert to major version

So, when somebody uses automatic saves and sets the max minor versions to 15 (for example), the plugin would only keep the 15 newest saves and would auto-delete older ones - that is, minor versions of course. The user can then revisit some of the older saves and, if he wants, convert them to a major version (should/could just be a on/off-switch in the craft-panel). In that case, the deletion-function won't touch the save. The timestamp of the last save would stay unaffected by changing minor-to-minor, so it doesn't screw up the sorting for people :D

What'cha think?

Love the mod, and have one suggestion.

"Minor craft versions" in conjunction with auto-truncation"

For example, let's say I want to take the ultra-safe-road and generate a history-entry every ~5 minutes.

I also don't want to fill up my HDD, or in case of another poster a few pages back, SSD.

New Option: Handle all interval saves as minor version

New Option: Keep [_] max minor versions

New Button on craft-file: Save as/convert to major version

So, when somebody uses automatic saves and sets the max minor versions to 15 (for example), the plugin would only keep the 15 newest saves and would auto-delete older ones - that is, minor versions of course. The user can then revisit some of the older saves and, if he wants, convert them to a major version (should/could just be a on/off-switch in the craft-panel). In that case, the deletion-function won't touch the save. The timestamp of the last save would stay unaffected by changing minor-to-minor, so it doesn't screw up the sorting for people k_cheesy.gif

What'cha think?

Quite interesting idea. I'll look further into this.
Where are the history files stored?

CraftHistory saves the crafts in the same location as stock. Additionally if the history mode is turned on, a folder with the name of the ship gets created where all the history files are stored.

"{Kerbal folder}\saves\{save name}\Ships\{VAB or SPH}\{vessel name}\{time of creation}.craft"

Edited by SpaceTiger

• 2 weeks later...

Just lost all my .craft files. There was a vessel in my list, that had no name, I loaded it up, and it was an older vessel that I don't use anymore. I deleted it, and it deleted the entire VAB folder from my computer. I have tried to recover it, but it is gone. I cant' seem to find any way to restore the vehicles that are in flight from the save file. I remember reading a mod that allowed you to edit vehicles in flight, but i have searched for hours without finding it on purpose. I don't know if your mod had anything to do with this or not. I backed up my save file about a week ago, so I have the vehicles from that point. I lost about 40 hours of work on about 6 really great ships I was planning for a Duna mission. Several of them are in action in a test version on the mun, but I can't re-create the craft files necessary to edit them to fix their problems...

Heya SpaceTiger;

First of all, neat mod. I haven't really used the history feature yet, but instead of saving each rocket as it evolves with a new name, I just overwrite the existing one. The suggestion above of tagging a particular revision as a "major" revision (possibly with a very short note) would be awesome.

However I have an issue with this mod - it prevents the stock "Merge Craft" functionality. Since you overload the load craft screen completely, the button to merge craft is missing. Any chance of supporting this?

Cheers,

- Micha.

• 4 weeks later...

First, thanks for this mod. It is great and is going to be a big help.

Next, some of my craft names are long and it would be really nice if we could change the size of the crafthistory gui.

I hope that this request is easy and is possible.

Many thanks and I am looking forward to more revisions and mods.

Cheers.

Fantastic mod, been wanting this since day one, but I was hoping something could be tweaked. When I set the setting to go by alphabetical order, it organizes the main folders but not the actual craft inside those folders. So I have a "Probes" folder that is just a mess inside. If the sorting could be extended to within the folder that would be fantastic.

Greetings,

Just wanted to stop by and ask,

Would it be possible to be able to nest the categories?

And example would be

...SATS

......Resource

......Telescope

......Communications

...LIFTERS

......LKO <= 5 ton, <= 256km

......LKO <= 10 ton

......MUN

etc...

would be nice and help clean craft up even more.

thanks for a great mod and support.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Heya SpaceTiger;

First of all, neat mod. I haven't really used the history feature yet, but instead of saving each rocket as it evolves with a new name, I just overwrite the existing one. The suggestion above of tagging a particular revision as a "major" revision (possibly with a very short note) would be awesome.

However I have an issue with this mod - it prevents the stock "Merge Craft" functionality. Since you overload the load craft screen completely, the button to merge craft is missing. Any chance of supporting this?

Cheers,

- Micha.

• 2 weeks later...

Re-sizing: For now this isn't possible. But might add this later on.

Categories inside of categories: This sounds like a good idea and might be doable. Have to see how much of the code has to change for this.

"Merge Craft": I managed to create this and it will be available in the next patch.

Re-sizing: For now this isn't possible. But might add this later on.

Categories inside of categories: This sounds like a good idea and might be doable. Have to see how much of the code has to change for this.

"Merge Craft": I managed to create this and it will be available in the next patch.

How about limiting the length of the name displayed, until you get the resize?

Or, how about a small cfg file which specifies an alternate size for the window? I don't think you need to implement a dynamicly resizing window.

Thx

The ability to add comments to the various entries would be great. example, during flight you notice that rcs in middle not effect, need redesign for next version. Or too much fuel left after landing, can take more cargo or cut back.

Simple entries that would job memory for the craft and would allow builder to keep fine tuning the various designs and revisions.

Great mod, really enjoying it.

The ability to add comments to the various entries would be great. example, during flight you notice that rcs in middle not effect, need redesign for next version. Or too much fuel left after landing, can take more cargo or cut back.

Simple entries that would job memory for the craft and would allow builder to keep fine tuning the various designs and revisions.

Great mod, really enjoying it.

Where would these comments be added ? In the editor or during flight ? Editor is already possible in stock. During flight is another story. There is no way to know which craft is loaded from which file.

As for the re-sizing: I made a working prototype which needs some more polishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Really love this mod!

Two possible bugs though - 1. it doesn't seem to be saving my craft notes (as inthe drop down bit underneath the craft name field) and 2. it doesn't seem to let me load the vanilla example craft. It's possible these are just bugs on my end from some other mod or conflict, but this seems like the obvious mod to be causing it.

Also, would be really nice if we could get like a drop-down menu for the "add to category" so as to minimise the risk of typos generating extra categories!

EDIT:

Where would these comments be added ? In the editor or during flight ? Editor is already possible in stock. During flight is another story. There is no way to know which craft is loaded from which file.

It's a shame if this isn't feasible code-wise, because it would be really cool if the drop down notes field could be read and edited in-flight. Currently I just store them in a note from the in-game notepad mod, but would be great to have them integrated to the craft history instead.

EDIT2: fix'd because I can't into reading comprehension

EDIT3: [okay okay, maybe I should have just thought more before posting] I'd also find it really handy if there was a button to rename a saved craft without having to load the whole thing up and save it all over again.

EDIT4: Would also be really convenient if categories were searchable/filterable (so you can use them like tags) - i.e. so I could go "find me all craft in categories 'launch vehicle', 'rocket', and 'heavy' to find all my heavy launcher rockets.

Edited by baldamundo

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize if this was already mentioned, I read there previously was a problem with crafts showing up hence the show unloadable crafts. My question is, does this mod not work with the stock crafts or do you have to move them to another directory for the mod to see them? Currently When I go to load and have hide unloadable crafts unchecked I see no crafts at all. Now if I start building and come back the auto-save craft does show up but none of the stock crafts do. Thank you in advance for your help it is greatly appreciated.

AB Launchers (ABLaunchers 1.0)

Adjustable Landing Gear (AdjustableLandingGear v1.2.0)

AIES Aerospace (AIESAerospace-Unofficial 1.6.0)

Air-Augmented Rockets (AirAugmentedRockets 1.0)

ALCOR (ALCOR 0.9.4)

ALCOR IVA Patch (ALCORIVAPatch 0.9.4)

Alcubierre Warp Drive (Stand-alone) (AlcubierreStandalone 0.3.0.0)

Animate Emissive Module (ModuleAnimateEmissive v1.11)

Antennas (Antennas Version_1.1)

Asclepius - A Kopernicus planet - SSTO playground (Asclepius v1.1)

ASET Avionics (ASETAvionics 1.0)

ASET Props (ASETProps 1.3)

Asteroid Day (AsteroidDay 1.0)

AstroGamer's EnginesPlus Mod (EnginesPlus 2.0)

Atomic Age (AtomicAge 3.1.2)

AutoAsparagus (AutoAsparagus v1.0)

Aviation Lights (AviationLights 3.7)

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts (B9AerospaceProceduralParts 0.40)

Bahamuto Dynamics (Parts pack) (BahamutoDynamicsPartsPack v1.2.0)

BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules v0.6.2)

BahamutoD's Armory (BDArmory v0.9.9.1)

BDArmory FPS (BDArmoryFPS 0.1.1)

BDArmorySorting (BDArmorySorting 1.0.2)

Behemoth Aerospace Engineering Large Parts (BehemothAerospaceEngineeringLargeParts 1.3.3)

Better Buoyancy (BetterBuoyancy v1.4)

BetterTimeWarp (BetterTimeWarp 2.1)

Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.4.5.0)

Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 2.1)

Contract Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 5.3)

CraftHistory (CraftHistory 1.4.4)

Crossfeed Enabler (CrossFeedEnabler v3.3)

DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.0.8)

Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.2.0)

EVAManager (EVAManager 6)

Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.1.4)

HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.4.1.0)

Infernal Robotics Model Rework - Core Pack (IR-Model-Rework-Core v01b)

Infernal Robotics Model Rework - Expansion Pack (IR-Model-Rework-Expansion v01b)

Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 1.17)

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 1.17)

Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.2.2)

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4)

KerboKatzUtilities (KerboKatzUtilities 1.2.11)

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 1:beta-04)

KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0)

Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics (InfernalRobotics v0.21.3)

MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.3)

Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.8)

Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 0.5.4)

Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 0.5.3)

Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 0.5.3)

Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 0.4.3)

Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 0.5.3)

Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 0.5.3)

Near Future Spacecraft Parts (NearFutureSpacecraft 0.4.3)

Old School Turrets - Additional WWII Turrets for BDArmory (OldSchoolTurrets 1.0)

RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core v0.23.2)

Red versus Blue! A BDArmory expansion pack (RedversusBlue 0.0.0)

SCANsat (SCANsat v14.2)

Smart Parts (SmartParts 1.6.6)

SmartStage (SmartStage v2.7.0)

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion (StationPartsExpansion 0.3.3)

ToadicusTools (ToadicusTools 16)

Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.9)

Tweakable Everything - Engine Staging Toggle (TweakableEverything-EngineStagingToggle 1.13.1)

Tweakable Everything - Fairing Staging Toggle (TweakableEverything-FairingStagingToggle 1.13.1)

TweakableEverything (TweakableEverything 1.13.1)

TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.2.1)

Vessel Viewer (VesselView v0.71)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.