[1.8.x] CraftHistory - 2.2.1 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

I LOVE this mod...

However, I have to also chime in, and agree with previous statements, that the GUI needs to be BIGGER... Dynamic adjustment would be nice, but if dynamic isnt do-able, then the static at least needs to be bigger...

Also, I'm using 1.4.4 in 1.0.5, and I cant find how to open the Settings for this mod... ??

I see the settings GUI in the pic on the OP, and the only toolabr button i dont recognize is "mem"... If thats the button i need, I dont have it...

Also, a possible "expansion"...?? Any thought to having this do the same with Subassemblies?... I know stock has limited functionality with categories, but would there be any benefit to adding Subs to CraftHistory?... I havent really explored the stock system of organizing Subs, so maybe more is not needed...??

• 4 weeks later...

Loading any crafts saved while CraftHistory is installed results in them being borked to all hell. I reported the bug and how it manifests itself in this thread.

This happens when using 1.4.4 on KSP 1.0.5 in a stock install on Debian 8 x86_64 with only CH added.

On 13.12.2015 at 5:52 PM, Stone Blue said:

I LOVE this mod...

However, I have to also chime in, and agree with previous statements, that the GUI needs to be BIGGER... Dynamic adjustment would be nice, but if dynamic isnt do-able, then the static at least needs to be bigger...

Also, I'm using 1.4.4 in 1.0.5, and I cant find how to open the Settings for this mod... ??

I see the settings GUI in the pic on the OP, and the only toolabr button i dont recognize is "mem"... If thats the button i need, I dont have it...

Also, a possible "expansion"...?? Any thought to having this do the same with Subassemblies?... I know stock has limited functionality with categories, but would there be any benefit to adding Subs to CraftHistory?... I havent really explored the stock system of organizing Subs, so maybe more is not needed...??

A resizable UI is already in the works and is planned to release with the release of 1.1 of Kerbal. As for opening the settings right-clicking on the CraftHistory button will do the trick.

Sub-assemblies are basically craft files that just are stored and loaded differently. I could Imagine adding another tab and loading those. I'll have to see how all the code changes with 1.1.

14 hours ago, skYman said:

Loading any crafts saved while CraftHistory is installed results in them being borked to all hell. I reported the bug and how it manifests itself in this thread.

This happens when using 1.4.4 on KSP 1.0.5 in a stock install on Debian 8 x86_64 with only CH added.

I'm not able to reproduce this error on windows. It might be a OS specific bug. If you can please upload your output.log so i can examine it.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Suggestion for a new feature:  Add the ability to save and load craft files from subdirectories.  Would make things a lot easier to manage when you have a lot of files.

Hmm...

I'm guessing those sub directories would be only for sorting the craft files themselves and have nothing to do with the categories right ? Or would it be better to use the folder as the category ? But this would mean a craft can only be in a single category.

39 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

Hmm...

I'm guessing those sub directories would be only for sorting the craft files themselves and have nothing to do with the categories right ? Or would it be better to use the folder as the category ? But this would mean a craft can only be in a single category.

That would be my guess.  Some people have dozens to hundreds of ships, folders wou k d make it easier to organize

User creates a sub dir.

User names the sub dir

puts what he/she wants in that sub dir.

nothing 'fancy' really needed.  No 'auto-logic' to try and help the user.  they can do that themselves.

just nice to be able to organize however they see fit and want to ...

Cheers.

If the ability to create sub-dir and name it and this carried on to sub dir in the sub dir, would that not handle it?

I am looking for simple way to create multiple layers of sub-dirs for craft files.  Nothing needs to be automatically done, just ability to create, search and load the craft files.

that is the simple approach that I was looking at.

thanks for any and all work on this mod.  great stuff...

cheers.

We have a few questions regarding usability.
When one saves the craft it normally would save it in the root folder of the specific editor. But now that we have sub-directories how would we decide where to save the craft ?
There were some ideas:

• Have a window pop up asking in which directory to save but this has the negative effect of getting annoying really quickly.
  • Save it in the last selected folder while loading a craft. This would be inconvenient to have to open the load window.
  • Save it in the root folder and move it in the load menu. This seems the easiest but could mean a lot of work for deep hierarchies.

On 4/18/2016 at 10:51 AM, SpaceTiger said:

On another note:

Does anyone ever use the multiple categories per craft feature ? If not then I'll just take that out and improve other areas of this mod instead.

I use it. I like to have categories by celestial body and then manned/unmanned. I also have a tag for Rovers, Base and Station modules, so I have some craft with 4 or 5 categories. 

It wouldn't be the end of the world if that feature was removed, but then I'd need to figure out a different way to categorize things. 

@SpaceTiger

Is there/will there be a way to know how many revisions of a craft file there are?  In other words, do you keep track of how many times the craft is saved?

I'd be interested in getting that info if it was available for a mod I'm writing to name vessels automatically, would be nice to have the revision number in the vessel name

Also, do you have an ETA for a 1.1 release?

Thanks

I would really like to try this mod out, but it won't load up for me.  I'm using 1.1.1.1250 from steam with about a jillion mods installed (or 40).  CKAN install didn't work, so I removed it and then downloaded directly but it didn't work.  I noticed that the CH zip file includes different versions of the KU files than the KU zip file has, so I tried once with just the contents of the CH zip file and then after it failed I tried again with the files from the latest KU zip overwriting the files from the CH zip.  Both produced the same error in the log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmox4z20b7umcbf/KSP.log?dl=0).

Any help would be greatly appreciated; This mod addresses one of the most fundamental needs that I have always though the game has.

Thanks,

Danny

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@SpaceTiger

Is there/will there be a way to know how many revisions of a craft file there are?  In other words, do you keep track of how many times the craft is saved?

I'd be interested in getting that info if it was available for a mod I'm writing to name vessels automatically, would be nice to have the revision number in the vessel name

Thanks

I don't keep track of it but i can include an API to get you the number.

As for ETA: Currently rewriting most of the logic. I'm not exactly sure but i plan on getting it ready soon. In a week maybe.

2 hours ago, CrashTestDanny said:

I would really like to try this mod out, but it won't load up for me.  I'm using 1.1.1.1250 from steam with about a jillion mods installed (or 40).  CKAN install didn't work, so I removed it and then downloaded directly but it didn't work.  I noticed that the CH zip file includes different versions of the KU files than the KU zip file has, so I tried once with just the contents of the CH zip file and then after it failed I tried again with the files from the latest KU zip overwriting the files from the CH zip.  Both produced the same error in the log (https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmox4z20b7umcbf/KSP.log?dl=0).

Any help would be greatly appreciated; This mod addresses one of the most fundamental needs that I have always though the game has.

Thanks,

Danny

The current released version isn't marked as 1.1 compatible. With that said you'll have to wait until i release an update.

1 hour ago, SpaceTiger said:
7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@SpaceTiger

Thanks

I don't keep track of it but i can include an API to get you the number.

That would be useful.  Let me know when it's available

Thanks

So I just installed this mod and the KerboKats Utility mod, which I guess it needs to function.  Nothing seems to be different.  No green cat icon to click on.  Is there like a list I am supposed to activate it on before it shows up in game?

P.S:  I successfully installed mechjeb in one try, so I am not a totally dummy.  However, as this is only my 2nd addon, I may be missing something obvious.

1 hour ago, Giygus said:

So I just installed this mod and the KerboKats Utility mod, which I guess it needs to function.  Nothing seems to be different.  No green cat icon to click on.  Is there like a list I am supposed to activate it on before it shows up in game?

P.S:  I successfully installed mechjeb in one try, so I am not a totally dummy.  However, as this is only my 2nd addon, I may be missing something obvious.

I don't believe this mod has been updated for 1.1 yet;  if it hasn't been updated, it is a sure thing that it won't work.

6 hours ago, Giygus said:

As @linuxgurugamer said it isn't updated for KSP 1.1.2 yet. However we are working on it right now and an update should be release soon.

Edited by SpaceTiger

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 0:46 AM, drtedastro said:

User creates a sub dir.

User names the sub dir

puts what he/she wants in that sub dir.

nothing 'fancy' really needed.  No 'auto-logic' to try and help the user.  they can do that themselves.

just nice to be able to organize however they see fit and want to ...

Cheers.

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 10:51 AM, SpaceTiger said:

On another note:

Does anyone ever use the multiple categories per craft feature ? If not then I'll just take that out and improve other areas of this mod instead.

By "multiple categories," do you mean "lander" vs "lifter" vs "drive module," etc.?

Can you consider craft tagging? Then allow one to categorize tags all they wish for easy reference. Thoughts?

That way I can have a shuttle craft, tag it shuttle, and then tag it fuel ship since it carries a lot of fuel.

I can sort my two tags any way I wish in a list, with its own heirarchy if I so choose, and then selecting either tag pulls up my shuttle craft which has a lot of fuel.  Untagged craft would be available to be selected so I can organize them too. No need for folders. :)

4 hours ago, MisterFister said:

By "multiple categories," do you mean "lander" vs "lifter" vs "drive module," etc.?

What I was 'thinking' was something like

VAB

Landers

WithAtmosphere

NoAtmospere

CrewCarriers

ExploDrill

SAT's

Comm's

Exploration

Science

etc, something like that...

where we could create, name and fill as we wanted.

Does that make sense?

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.