[1.8.x] CraftHistory - 2.2.1 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

This mod is so incredibly useful to me, so thanks for making it! Unfortunately, after using it a few minutes I've discovered a couple of issues that prevent me from using it in my serious games.

First, which folder is actually selected in the Load menu is ambiguous - the highlight tells you which folder you last single-clicked on, but you have to double-click to actually select a folder. This leads to a mismatch between the highlighted folder and the folder whose contents is shown. I think that having single-click select the folder would probably be more intuitive here and would solve the issue without needing to add new labels.

Second, the category that the current craft is saved into seems to be determined by the folder last selected in the Load menu, even when closed. I can easily imagine myself opening the load menu to merge in a craft from another category, then forgetting to reset the category before saving again. Perhaps it would be better to add a separate category selector for the currently-edited craft?

For reference, I'm running 64-bit Linux (Arch Linux, specifically), and I installed just this mod (+KerboKatzUtilities) on a clean copy of KSP.

• 1 month later...
On 19.12.2016 at 2:04 PM, JonDahm said:

First, which folder is actually selected in the Load menu is ambiguous - the highlight tells you which folder you last single-clicked on, but you have to double-click to actually select a folder. This leads to a mismatch between the highlighted folder and the folder whose contents is shown. I think that having single-click select the folder would probably be more intuitive here and would solve the issue without needing to add new labels.

The idea behind the double click is that if you want to rename or delete a folder you can do it quickly without loading all its contents first.

But i do agree that there could be a better way to handle this(have different colors/use the context menu).

See issue #6

On 19.12.2016 at 2:04 PM, JonDahm said:

Second, the category that the current craft is saved into seems to be determined by the folder last selected in the Load menu, even when closed. I can easily imagine myself opening the load menu to merge in a craft from another category, then forgetting to reset the category before saving again. Perhaps it would be better to add a separate category selector for the currently-edited craft?

Wouldn't having a second selector make the UI even more cluttered?

We are am open for suggestions how this can be handled better.

On another note:

Release of 2.1.0 adds sorting by craft age!

• 4 months later...

Did you ever wonder which of your craft files couldn't be loaded with the option "hide unloadable" being off ?

With the latest pre-release you will now know for sure!

As a side note its compatible with KSP 1.3

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 1:39 AM, WhitestWizard said:

What is the criteria for vessels being marked as incomplete! with a red background?

Thank you

When you don't have the parts unlocked through research or they aren't available in your game at all cause of a removed mod.

• 1 month later...

Hey, what a great mod.  Thanks.

But it is so good, that it makes me really hate the "Subassembly" viewer in game.  lol..

Any chance that we could get a version of say"SUB HISTORY" ?????

Exact same as your Craft History, just for the darn SUBASSEMBLY area..

Again, really great mod and very useful.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

Not dead! Just slow to update.

New version is out. Fixes display issue with 2 buttons and is now compatible to the latest KSP version!

Ha! :D Welcome "back" to you!

I'm wondering if I'll have THREE craft management tools loaded now. They each do something different. :)

21 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

Not dead! Just slow to update.

New version is out. Fixes display issue with 2 buttons and is now compatible to the latest KSP version!

one million Thank You's......

I forgot how bad life was without this mod until I did not have it any longer.

cheers and again,

thanks.

Just finished testing on different 1.4.3 installs. All is working great.  Multiple nested dir's all working fine.

thanks very much.

Edited by drtedastro
Update after testing

Hey SpaceTiger just wanted to say thanks for the continued support for your awesome mods. Crafthistory is a must-have for me now, and playing without it was a pain.

What have you done to my loading screen D:

Edited by Duhya
nyancat

On 4/28/2018 at 9:02 PM, Beetlecat said:

Ha! :D Welcome "back" to you!

I'm wondering if I'll have THREE craft management tools loaded now. They each do something different. :)

What do the other ones do that CraftHistory can't do yet? I'm sure we can improve this situation! :)

On 4/29/2018 at 12:48 PM, putnamto said:

When  clicking  to  load  a  craft  the  list  doesn't  populate  sometimes, the  only  fix  besides  a  restart  is  to  click  new  then  load  every  time.

Do you have any log files for me? Could you add a Github issue?

On 5/2/2018 at 12:27 AM, Duhya said:

What have you done to my loading screen D: 

Could you please explain what happened to your loading screen?

2 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

What do the other ones do that CraftHistory can't do yet? I'm sure we can improve this situation! :)

You know -- I may have just gotten used to the "other two" since this one had drifted out of current. I'll revisit that test/trial again to see that desired craft workflow is doable with just CraftHistory :)

I have tried to use the other mods but none work as good for me as this one does.  I would 'like' the ability to have a directory be any place i wish, so that I could have a 'master' craft location, but that is just a wish.

along those same lines, something like this to handle the sub assemblies would be nice..

but, i am a very very happy camper to have this back up and running.

many thanks and great job.

cheers. 

On 5/2/2018 at 7:39 PM, SpaceTiger said:

Could you please explain what happened to your loading screen?

Nyancats flew around on it for a few seconds. I just installed crafthistory so i assumed it was that, but it hasn't happened since, so I don't know what caused it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just here to report in with a... bad happenings with Craft History.

It managed to glitch up while loading up my SPH folder... which consequently caused the entire SPH folder to be lost. Just bam, gone, and then was replaced by a fresh, empty SPH folder.

Fortunately, I managed to recover most of my crafts and subsequent directories with crafts (everything except what I did in the past two days, which fortunately either isn't much, or was uploaded to KerbalX) with a data recovery tool, but... would be nice if Craft History's method of loading craft was a little more foolproofed against this kind of thing...

Edited by Box of Stardust

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.