[KSP 1.2.X] Draft Twitch Viewers v2.4.6 - Draft, tour with, or rescue your twitch viewers as in-game Kerbals!

IRnifty

This mod needs an option to disable the funds requirements while in career mode.

It makes sense in most scenarios but for streamers it can be a pain.

Maybe include "Replace existing Kerbals when drafting" as an option.

That would make this great mod even better :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I think it'd also be cool to have it whisper the drafted viewer for their desired profession & .... i also agree and wish they'd be implemented as rescue missions and a toggle for the draft costs since i enjoy the contracts but not the draft costs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2015, 2:11:19, million_lights said:

This mod needs an option to disable the funds requirements while in career mode.

It makes sense in most scenarios but for streamers it can be a pain.

Maybe include "Replace existing Kerbals when drafting" as an option.

That would make this great mod even better :)

I'm looking into this now. It would replace the original 4 Kerbals and attempt to replace the rescue contracts as well. No guarantees this will be added, but I'm looking into it.

On 9/17/2015, 11:00:16, Shaymes said:

a function that twitch viewer can be tourists will be nice

or be one of the kerbals from resque contracts

See above :P

On 11/19/2015, 6:31:33, Tyverus said:

I think it'd also be cool to have it whisper the drafted viewer for their desired profession & .... i also agree and wish they'd be implemented as rescue missions and a toggle for the draft costs since i enjoy the contracts but not the draft costs.

I try to stay as far away from the chat system as possible, because any involvement in it requires a Twitch API Key from the streamer account or a bot account made for him/her. Also, KSP has a hard-coded job picking system that's based on the name, and is recalculated very often, so I couldn't permanently change it without constantly fighting tooth and nail with the game over it.

Edited by IRnifty

Updated!

v2.0:

- Large code refactor to allow for third-party mod integration.

- Settings reworked for consolidation and added stability.

- Added error handling to the web side of the draft system.

- Removed unnecessary "using"s to clean up code.

- Performing any draft or drawing saves the current settings.

- Made the alert window slightly larger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Draft Twitch Viewers has been updated! DTV v2.3 is now kompatible with KSP 1.1 Pre-Release.

1.1 USERS BEWARE: KSP 1.1 is still in Pre-Release status. Bugs are expected. In addition, DTV v2.3 is NOT backwards kompatible with older KSP versions. Because of this, older versions of DTV are still available in SpaceDock's "Changelog" section AND in GitHub's "Releases" section.

CHANGELOG:

v2.3:

- KSP 1.1 PRE-RELEASE Kompatibility Update. BUGS ARE EXPECTED.

- Fixed a UI bug which mishandled window positioning on >1080p resolutions.

- Due to inkompatibilities, right clicking the app icon no longer drafts.

- Alt+D is the new drafting shortcut.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Updated!

v2.4:

- Drafts are now saved directly to each save's persistent file, allowing reverts to free drafted names.

- An upgrade system was left in place which will migrate pre-existing drafts over to the new system.

- Fixed drafting for specific jobs still yeilding Kerbals with random jobs.

- Changed the Quick Draft hotkey to Alt+Insert.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a means to limit the mod to only draft viewers who have written a chat message within the time the draft-twitch-viewers mod has been watching the channel?

I'd prefer to allow lurkers to continue lurking if they prefer, and not end up having this mod "call them out" by drawing attention to the fact that they're viewing.

• 1 month later...

It seems that Twitch has changed its API's, so this mod is no longer working. :(

Btw, as an aside.  When you use KIS and put items in the seat positions, then recruit Kerbals at the launch site, it removes the items from the seats.. as in gone.  Most unfortunate getting to orbit and having no screwdriver.

Thanks for your work

Talung

• 1 month later...

Steven Mading, there is no such ability available. Through the Twitch web API, DTV can only see who is in the chat, not who has recently said something. I could make it work, but that'd require a bot to exist in chat, constantly keeping track of who is chatting, which would require much more effort and resources than I'm willing to put into this for such a niche mod.

talung: I am aware of the changes, but only recently got my computer back from shipping (I moved countries) and didn't have the time to update. I'm working on releasing right now. As far as KIS goes, I am sorry this happens, but I cannot spend the time to make DTV compatible with KIS over such a small issue. As a workaround, it may be best to place your items in a separate container or draft the viewers prior to launch (in the Space Center scene) altogether.

Updated!

v2.4.6:

- KSP 1.2.1 compatibility update.

- Added a now required client ID to all Twitch web API requests.

29 minutes ago, IRnifty said:

talung: I am aware of the changes, but only recently got my computer back from shipping (I moved countries) and didn't have the time to update. I'm working on releasing right now. As far as KIS goes, I am sorry this happens, but I cannot spend the time to make DTV compatible with KIS over such a small issue. As a workaround, it may be best to place your items in a separate container or draft the viewers prior to launch (in the Space Center scene) altogether.

Updated!

v2.4.6:

- KSP 1.2.1 compatibility update.

- Added a now required client ID to all Twitch web API requests.

Thanks IRnifty,

Moved countries a number of times.. shipping can be painful. :)

Will try out the new update today.  My viewers love having kerbals named after them :D

I know the KIS stuff is not your domain, and the solution is to use different containers, but I just thought I would mention it.

Cheers for your work.

Talung

UPDATE:  Working great again.  Just tried it.

Edited by talung

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.