Delta Industries - Next:Project Daedalus (11th May)

Delt4

Hi,

This is my first addon-pack and these are the first 3d models i ever made, so don\'t judge. :)

Render.png

Project Daedalus

Daedalus4.png

Northrop B-2 Spirit

This beautiful Trailer is made by tncm

The LaunchStand is made by Tiberion and the Landing Gear by C7Studios.

screenshot65.png

You will need Mechjeb and the C7 Gear plugin to use the B-2.

MechJeb 1.8.1 and the Gear plugin are included in the download.

It is highly recommened to activate KILL ROT while flying.

Download B-2 Spirit

Rocket System(still need real name)

Engine%20usw.PNGpod.PNG

Parts so far:

Pod DC-100

Decoupler D-53

Fuel Tank F-700

Engine LFE-DE-300

Parachute

SRB

Download 0.23

Changelog

-fixed engine

-added egde split to all models so the textures are right

-remodeled whole pack and done some textures

-engine2

-fixed decoupler

-release

-pod

-fuel tank

-engine

-decoupler

Future Parts

RCS Tank and thruster

SRB\'s

I know im bad at textures, but i still need practice.

Note that the models are not final and im going to change them.

Any Suggestions or Ideas are appreciated.

Sorry for my english :)

stack decouplers are simple, they have a single visible mesh object and one collider, and are programmed to detach from whatever is attached to the top node, leaving the visible mesh on the trailing piece.

Radial decouplers work slightly different; it still only has one collider but has 2 visible objects; one named \'base\' and one named \'anchor\'

The base part remains on the decoupled part, like normal decouplers, but the anchor piece separates and stays with the main ship, and will be visible for the rest of your play session. Anchors are not saved to persistence, and will be gone if you swap vessels or reload, since they\'re purely a visual artifact.

Basically, all of the functionality of the decouplers is managed within the cfg file, aside from the visible pieces for radial decouplers as described above.

Thanks the decoupler is working now :)

updated to 0.11

also im working on a better engine

Unbenannt.PNG

Better than I could ever do. :)

It\'s not that hard to learn i started modelling yesterday, you just need to be patient :)

Here\'s something to try to make your surfaces more defined:

In object mode, go to the modifier tab (wrench icon on the right side properties menu) and do an edge split. With things set smooth like you are now it should look a bit better.

Do that last thing before exporting though, because it duplicates some vertex and edges and will keep you from editing the mesh properly in edit mode.

added more detail at the top

Unbenannt5.PNG

now i just don\'t know how to do the UV texture :(

is there a way to use multiple textures?

okay i got it

also i\'ve got multiple objects one for the ring one for the pipe and one for the rest can i combine them?

google helped^^

Basically you\'ll use the UV unwrap features to arrange the polygons in a flat 2d space and then export the template so you can paint it in photoshop or whatever you want to use. The DAE file stores the polygons UV pattern along with all of the 3d model parameters, and then KSP applies the PNG you create that matches it; those are the 2 files in your cfg.

You can load up a finished part back into blender and see the UV mapping, preferably one originally created in blender to bypass any importing hurdles. Have you downloaded any of my parts before?

yes i used almost every addon :)

also thanks for the help im uploading soon i just need to do the .cfg with the nodes

btw is there a way to make the nodes fast and not just change the numbers until it fits?

In Blender you can hit N to bring up a property menu.

Go to edit mode, and then scroll down the property menu and find 'Numerics, Edge length'

This displays the length of the currently selected Edge, or all of the edges of a selected Face. So then you can use those numbers to figure out how far a face is from the center point.

If you have a cylinder 2 meters tall, with the origin in the middle, then the long sides of the cylinder will show '2m' and that means the top and bottom face of the cylinders are 1m from the origin. That is where you\'d want the nodes to be, so you\'d use the coordinates in the cfg file to place them properly (if your scale is set to 1.0, then it would likely be

Top node (one meter above the origin on the Y axis):

0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0

and

Bottom node (one meter below the origin on the Y axis, hence the negative number):

0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0

(don\'t forget, KSP reverses the Y and Z axis when compared to blender)

Also, if you resized things in Object mode, then you\'ll want to apply Rotation and Scale before measuring, or the numbers will be wrong (hit Ctrl+A in Object mode)

I\'m remodeling the whole pack now, so far im almost done with the engine.

D4_LFE_250v3.PNG

I don\'t know much about rockets, but i think i just need to add the ring on the bottom(?) and connect it with pipes to the combustion chamber.

Then i\'m going to model a new pod :)

I think that cockpit in your b-2 is too small

I noticed that too and im going to make it bigger.

Next thing to do is SRB and maybe RCS parts

SRB.png

Progress so far on the SRB

The shading on your parts seem a little off. Try applying and Edge Split modifier (from the wrench icon on the right-side menu) in object mode, you should see the hard edges like the cylinder rim get more defined, and the lighting should be applied correctly in game.

I too would love that bomber.

Does it have its own engines on board though? That\'s rather important or the entire thing\'s flight characteristics will be... off.

On the real B-2 the engines are inside and you cant see them, but i think im making them very small a bit like this

b2engine.png

Also it could be able to make the B-2 in almost one part, because of the new part modules in 0.15.