Female Kerbals- For The Public To Post

Dead Pixel

I mainly created this one, because it's not really official. but also people can post their ideas and images on what female kerbals should look like without needing to wait for a moderator to approve the post if not ever approve it. so Post your ideas and thoughts on what they should look like. :cool:

I like these They actually look like females. and not just standard kerbals with lipstick and long hair

97Fe0wq.png?1

Kerbal-Space-Program-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5-KSP-art-kerbals-1424698.jpeg

I Guess Putting Big Breasts and a big butt on them makes them look like females. no offence.

I like the casually sexist joke in image #1, pure win right there, quality stuff.

I Guess Putting Big Breasts and a big butt on them makes them look like females. no offence.
Yeah, I suppose the male Kerbals are already blatantly "human male", might as well go for broke, amirite?

The images themselves are very good. The way the Devs seem to be doing it (No "stereotypical" features like lipstick) is fine with me.

So far I'm quite pleased.

It is hard to make something look "male" or "female" without stereotyping *just* a little bit...

The images themselves are very good. The way the Devs seem to be doing it (No "stereotypical" features like lipstick) is fine with me.

So far I'm quite pleased.

It is hard to make something look "male" or "female" without stereotyping *just* a little bit...

I think you're confusing "stereotyping" with secondary sexual characteristics. That's really the only way to tell, unless everyone's just running around with their bits in the wind. Which is an entirely different can o' worms. Be nice if the devs could at least give us a preview to satiate this wild mass guessing.

I'm hoping for some slight variances in body, but mainly relying on slightly different shaped face with some kind of hair alteration. I don't think it'll take much to make them look like Kermins... which brings up another point. Are we going with KSK's designation of 'Kermin' for female Kerbals or something else?

Edited by Patupi

"Kermin" is not a Squad term Patupi, there's not really much chance of them using it :)

I get that, but I think there should be some equivelant to 'Kerman' for the girls. It'd be nice to know what they were planning. But I guess We'll find out soon enough :)

I get that, but I think there should be some equivelant to 'Kerman' for the girls. It'd be nice to know what they were planning. But I guess We'll find out soon enough :)

Why? It's their last name, not some sort of gender identifier. Though I suppose that would explain why everybody up to now has that last name.

I'm hoping for some slight variances in body, but mainly relying on slightly different shaped face with some kind of hair alteration. I don't think it'll take much to make them look like Kermins... which brings up another point. Are we going with KSK's designation of 'Kermin' for female Kerbals or something else?

:) Appreciate the shout-out but I'm not sure I can take the credit for Kermin. Kerman and Kermol, yes, but they're designations of ethnic group (for want of a better expression) rather than gender. Well - in my headcanon at least. :)

I honestly doesn't have a problem with Kerman, since I consider that like "Human". If we dig back into the past and into the root of the word, maybe something relating to the gendered meaning of the word "man" may come up. But now? Human is just an english word standing for the whole homosapien speices. So I consider "Kerman" is just a word in their language for their species (using species name as last name is weird...in human standard. They are aliens. Aliens are weird.)

Why? It's their last name, not some sort of gender identifier. Though I suppose that would explain why everybody up to now has that last name.

Some countries/languages do have gender specific last names. Iceland for one.

Many western last names ending with son or sen (i.e. Anderson, Jensen) are a remnant of gender specific last names, though they aren't used that way anymore.

I really don't see people's problems with making female Kerbals have some stereotypical features, I mean for kraken's sake, the goal is to make them look female! That's the main reason people have been suggesting that, because the Kerbals we have look pretty darn masculine. The thing that does need to be emphasized, however, is... wait for it...

EXPENDABILITY!

Kerbals are redshirts. Female or not. So female Kerbals can't generate a sufficiently larger amount of feels than male kerbals if you crash them.

p7H4RHM.png

KypOlEs.png

And an old one that's too big to put in the thread as an image: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86295-Girlbal

Edited by GregroxMun

Some countries/languages do have gender specific last names. Iceland for one.

Many western last names ending with son or sen (i.e. Anderson, Jensen) are a remnant of gender specific last names, though they aren't used that way anymore.

Gillian Anderson for example. She`s not a male or confused for one simply because her name has the word `son` in it. It`s also not seen as a sign of male oppression that she is called that either.

I'm going to refer to them as "Kerbals."

Same here. I don`t want token females with special names and special suits to show they are girls, I want able kerbals for my space program and for those kerbals to be taken from all areas of the population, male or female, light or dark green (if that becomes a thing).

NASA don`t give out any colour of spacesuit except white. Everybody gets the same suits (custom made over a two year process)

Also, Kerman is analogous to Human (I suspect that is how the word was thought up) and there is not much outcry over female humans not being called huwomans...

It would be fun if they were on different planets.. You know, a spin on the old 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' thing. They have to get to the other planet to find a mate. Something. I don't know. Considering the usual function of sexuality is reproduction, are we going to see Kerblings? Can we colonise planets and breed? What is the purpose?

How about this.

Don't.

Add.

Female.

Kerbals.

And no one will care, because people are more mature then that.

So what if Tumblr get's a big red vain on it's forehead because there aren't female Kerbals? I'm sure the people on this forum are mature enough to keep playing if they aren't added.

Let them be angry if they suddenly can't play.

And to add insult to injury, there already are female Kerbals.

Mildred (A female name) Kerman is one of the highlights of my save files, I have him/her and various other favorite Kerbals (Sigvan, from whom my username is derived, is there as well) saved on a text document.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.