All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. KSP Weekly: The Space Twins Study

With those gold foil panels and the gold foil radial LFO tanks, making Apollo LEM-style descent modules is going to be so much better looking. Thanks @SQUAD. EDIT: or assembling probes at different sizes and putting our own internal components...the possibilities
  3. SpaceX Discussion Thread

Aw, man.
  4. SpaceX BFR Discussion.

First issue: it's a long, long way from CGI videos and powerpoint slides to a flying rocket. Second issue: all the cost benefits he claims only work if there is a fleet of these things making hundreds or thousands of flights each. And they are huge. Is there any way the payload demand is going to be that big? Even if the launch price/tonne is low?
  5. mods that add jool rings?

ok, ckan got me rings, im happy now, thank you.(i just hope i didnt forget something that i need in the mod list)
  6. Scorched pods Mod Development thread

What do you mean it's broke?
  7. SpaceX BFR Discussion.

If it ends up working then it ends up working. I suspect that governments will be a large customer if it becomes operational. I personally think that there are better ways to get to space, but if they can reduce launch costs and potentially inspire reductions in payload costs, then everyone benefits.
  8. [1.3.1] Kopernicus (Release 6) - Feb. 14

It seems that the latest version of Kopernicus has broken a stock function to do with biomes (I don't really get all the details!), and is causing problems in quite a few mods, including SCANSat and VOID, that I've noticed so far ( ). Here's a log file.
  9. SpaceX BFR Discussion.

The test flights are supposed to be the second stage as a "grasshopper" to start, since the spacecraft is the hard part. The booster they are unconcerned about (except for the composites, it's just a big F9).
  10. mods that add jool rings?

well, ran ckan, got the mods i wanted, got an error then ckan crashed, im just not meant for this. im begining to beleive that this IS the game and the program on my computer is just their as a detour back to this forum.
  11. I am having the same issue as above, but with less mods. Screenshots: Hope these help.
  12. NASA SLS/Orion/Payloads

Once there is truly heavy lift for a reasonable cost, maybe NASA can start making spacecraft.
  13. 10 minutes to skit

making the craft isn't included in the time, or setting up everything. Just the total amount of recording (including retakes) shouldn't be more than 10 minutes. You can do a 4 minute skit, then retry it. and as long as the two attempts don't add up to 10 + minutes then it's okay. Good luck. (it can be of literally anything you want) my attempt:
  14. mods that add jool rings?

Yes. You aren’t forced to only use CKAN if you decide to use it. You can have a mix of CKAN installed and manually installed mods
  15. There are settings you can tweak but ultimately you aren’t going to get rid of the shadow artifacts. As for the jaggies on the horizon, that’s about as good as it gets for now.
  16. Make a fake KSP mod.

Hollow World. The space between the planets is solid, you are placed inside the hollow spheres called "planets", moving along their inner surface by rovers and planes. Somewhere there are Mohole-type tunnels connecting the spheres.
  17. 10g Circumnavigation

Lol have fun driving for 10 hours straight. But this is actually doable Just make it buoyant on water and fast enough to idk, not be a BOTW speedrun time (32 hours BTW). Have fun!
  18. mods that add jool rings?

ok, but its missing RCS build aid, can i install it manually?
  19. Things that NASA never said at a press conference.

"We don't know if Zuma is in orbit because it was too secret."
  20. The No Contract Career Challenge

Yep! Otherwise I would have needed to do many more, and more difficult missions. I look forward to seeing someone tackle that challenge! I used Leadership 25% just before my Mun launch, and increased it to 55% just before landing from the Jool mission. I think it worked out nicely. The main thing preventing me from going higher was the unshown minimum Rep requirement, which ramps very quickly after ~50% commitment. I didn't use any of the other strategies though, so no science->funds stuff. Regardless, just for fun, I wound up collecting >10k science I had absolutely no use for, but definitely wanted to tackle this as a 'only worlds firsts funds' challenge.
  21. Ban the user above you!

ObjetID cannot be banned. It's how the object is referenced to get banned.
  22. Rabid Squirrel I think is the fighter most like my Viper. Which is interesting since I barely remembered what the RS was while making my Viper; I barely watched its battles. And it was my last fighter to download and test against. Most of my initial testing and experience was against the TFD and Flying Squirrel (where I learned to hate those maneuverable buggers early). Also, so far, it seems to me that I can either tune my flight AI more optimally against the RS and be less optimal against the TFD, or I can fight the TFDs optimally but be even against the RS.
  23. Reasons to lock this thread.

52. Because this thread makes the moderators think that Don't Click is obsolete and lock it just like now.
  1. Load more activity