All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. SpaceX Discussion Thread

For anyone who hasn't caught up with this whole Zuma Thing: Cool animation you found there. What would the BFR do at the ISS? Why would a 5 star private jet take a stop at an outdated and cramped airport ? Cargo? You mean a century worth of supplies?
  3. One Word Story: It Just Won't Die!

the
  4. StarMods: Textures Unlimited!

ANd where are the CFG files or else that appplies the mod for those parts?
  5. Show off your drawings!

Chinese girl
  6. Nah, it's not a mem leak, but a bug in the KSP scene. Thanks, I'm very happy with my rig. Use it for all kinds of gfx related work in addition to gaming.
  7. How do you go interplanetary?

I do a lot of interplanetary launch, preferably in one launch, pack everything needed for journey and do it all at once If playing with mods, then the one thing that's mandatory for me is designing self-sufficient ship with renewable resources to get fuel during journey (mining, dust collecting, virtual particles, GN particles, etc.), in short, my vessel must have a way to get fuel from somewhere to keep moving
  8. For me, the use case is usually temporary parking. I.e. I have a crew on engineers that need to do some construction and I don't want to leave their transport drifting in space. The station core is at this point just a cupola and a 6-way hub covered in construction ports. For a normal rocket I can just use a construction port and not weld it, but this excludes spaceplanes and inline ports. Another case that I had happen once was that I had to shuffle some modules around and the ports (a mix of normal ports for ships and construction ports for future expansion) would not line up in any way so I could park that module to make room.
  9. It is all reflections, not only those solar panels. they are big and plane, so they are easy to see what's going on I guess
  10. Sundae Lifeboat

Impressive! I love the idea of lifeboats in KSP, this really is a good example on what it should look like. Nice work!
  11. You are a champion. I'm pretty much speechless. I am on 1.2.1.1604 (LinuxPlayer) 64-bit (In the very early 1980s, Microsoft pretty much invented single-handed Version Incompatibility and made a business out of Planned Obsolescence. I know because I worked for a large computer manufacturer in the 80s and Compatibility was our God.)
  12. Very interesting rocket VTOL! Reminds me of the Venturestar SSTO.
  13. Ok I did some testing with 1.3.1 and 1.3.0 with almost stock mods. The guarding mode for SAMs is hard broken.. it can't keep its lock on any enemy aircraft and shoot it. Thats a major bummer
  14. How do you go interplanetary?

I've not done much interplanetary stuff in ages, mostly just sending small ScanSat probes. It's mostly because what with work and other RL stuff I don't have the time for big IP missions and I find that there's still plenty of fun to be had within Kerbin's SOI. Also I'm playing with TAC-LS now and trying to be (sorta) realistic by sending out probes first and unmanned test missions before I send any Kerbals. In the past I've sent manned missions everywhere and had bases on quite a few places. With bases my prefered method is to send a "fleet" of ships which all depart at around the same time and then I try to get them to stay as close together as possible. Main reason for doing that is I like the confusion and chaos of them all trying to arrive and enter orbit in quick succession. oh, and I totally meant to vote for "Kerbin is my home" on the last poll I'd clicked sort of boring and then hit submit before changing it.
  15. @FreeThinker I need to be able to change the available configs for some parts (see the post above), and have tried to do it by creating a new class and having it inherit from IFS using the following code: public class IFI_IFS : InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch { [KSPField] public string IFIResourceGui; void Start() { //stuff here } } I added the IFS as a reference and it compiles cleanly. This is for KSP 1.3.1, I am using the latest version downloaded from Spacedock. I'm getting an error when trying to run: ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: InterstellarFuelSwitch, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42) ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: InterstellarFuelSwitch, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42) AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'IFILifeSupport': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Additional information about this exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=2.10.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=2.10.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' This normally indicates that the version of .Net was wrong, on one side or the other, but I've verified that I am compiling for .Net 3.5, and was also able to verify that IFS was also compiled against .Net 3.5. So I tried adding the other DLL as a reference (Scale_Redist.dll), but no change. If I remove my code which references IFS, everything loads and works, but if I reference the IFS, then I get the error. All I can figure is that for some reason, IFS has another dependency which I'm not aware of, and that doesn't make sense since it works. Do you have any idea what is going on? Thanks
  16. Well actually I can think of one. I often send up an "assembly tug" craft when putting together my orbital station in LKO. It is essentially a small craft with tons of RCS, a large docking port on one end and a regular one on the other. I would then send up station sections on a launch, get it close and then break the sections apart. At that point the tug would dock with each section and maneuver the sections into place. With construction ports I was forced to send up 2 tugs, as my station would be a mix of construction ports (for welding together) and regular ports (for allowing ships to dock). Since the parts don't work interchangeably I would need a tug with each type of port depending on the part I was moving into position. Granted it may be an uncommon use case but it is an example. This is a super old picture, but you can see the assembly tug docked on the right side of the station.
  17. Most Frustrating Things in KSP

First thing I'll try when I get home. You are a fine gentleman, sir.
  18. If you are doing this only because of my craft file, don't. Give me 30 mins and I'll rebuild the craft in 1.2.1 (which is it specifically: 1.2.0, 1.2.1, or 1.2.2? Never mind, saw 1.2.1 in your craft file), it'll be less hassle than having to upgrade for just the craft file.
  19. To me, a problem is a only relevant when it kills gameplay. I barely even read descriptions. But anyway, if someone has a problem with it, and it can be easily fixed, i have nothing against it.
  20. Waiter, theres a _____________ in my soup!

It's actually a sentient form of Helium-III sir. It appears to not like you. Waiter, there's a half-kilo of CapsLock keys in my soup!
  21. One Word Story: It Just Won't Die!

when
  22. A Giganto-Claw to grab small moons and pull them off rails seems like the logical endpoint on that path...
  23. There is a conflict with AmpYear that breaks the loading of theses objects Remove it and all pods and avionics should be available in the VAB.
  24. Air Superiority Fighter Competition

so my rebooted challenge is death now So maybe i can Join too (no dead it's just i'm busy so i leave there ) anyways Can i use kerbal Foundries
  25. Currently EC is in `units` which do not seem to relate logically when different uses are considered. Some parts use far too much, others not enough. Generally in the game, the units used do not seem to relate to real world units, we use meters and meters per second for height and speed of course and Kg for the weight of your craft but what is the fuel unit? Kg, Litre, pound? What is the EC unit? Kwh? Ah? Why use Earth units for some things but not others? It makes no sense when people are using equations to determine the rocket equation for example to not have the unit that fuel comes in be obvious to the user. In a similar way, EC usage needs either a mod or a spreadsheet just to know if your craft will have enough or not. It would be nice to have maximum EC usage reported to the user as a single number in the VAB at least. It would really be nice for there to be some unit for EC which would make sense to someone familiar with electricity. A general pass through the code dealing with EC making all part's usage make sense relative to each other and having each part let the user know the EC usage, not just in the VAB but in flight as well would be most welcome. I am sure some others have better things to say about sorting out the way KSP deals with EC. These are just some early morning random thoughts from me. Sorry if it should make more sense, might need another coffee
  1. Load more activity