All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Could you send me your ksp.log? And sorry that the issue still exists
  3. A 2060 Super was pretty underperformant when it was new, but you should still be getting better framerates than what you listed (I'm assuming you're playing at 1920x1080). This is a dumb question but are you sure that your GPU is plugged into a x16 PCIe slot?
  4. Here is the A-25 Condor: the Program's newest improvement on the SSTO concept perfected by the A-19. The A-25, in contrast to the A-19, has a sleek, futuristic look: more like the SR-71 than the Skylon. Seen here is the A-25's predecessor, the A-19 Aquilae. Like the A-19, the A-25's job is mostly to transfer a lot of crew at a time to a station. Although the Aquilae is perfectly competent at its job, I wanted an SSTO with more crew capacity as it's gotten to the point where I need to launch a dozen kerbals at a time to my orbiting motherships. The A-25 has a crew capacity of 12 crew and 2 pilots and can carry some KIS equipment and BG experiments. The A-25 also retains the A-19's innovation of combining rudders and airbrakes (seen above). I originally wanted the A-25 to be able to operate with a higher fuel margin than the Aquilae, but despite having more fuel I ended up with less: while the A-19 had 200-300 m/s in orbit, the A-25 now has 100-150 m/s. However, by disabling the top RAPIER, the A-25's thrust is alligned with the center of mass, unlike the A-19 which required me to constantly pitch up while running the engine at full blast. And the A-25 takes off on its inagural flight! Aboard are Vaysa and Gemdrin Kerman on a mission to the low orbit station Cornerstone. This will allow us to test 4 important skills: takeoff, rendezvous, docking, and re-entry. It's become somewhat of a rite of passage: Merlin, Accipiter, the partial SSTO A-12 and the A-19 have all had their maiden flights to the station. Some of you may notice I'm taking off at an angle: this is because Cornerstone is at a high inclination. After roughly a day in transfer, A-25 Condor finally reaches Cornerstone. Seen here is Flight Engineer Gemdrin configuring the controls for a docking. And a successful docking! Gemdrin and Vasya exchange greetings with the 4th Cornerstone crew of 3 and offload some equipment, particularly some new life support equipment that was originally scheduled to be delivered by A-19 Aquilae. Re-entry is always tricky at an inclination because you can only leave at certain times and one often has to change inclination to meet the KSC. And we have landed! The A-25's first crewed flight is a success, which is certain to inspire the next generation of cargo-carrying SSTOs.
  5. Raptor is assumed to have reliability issues. It is assumed that there exists evidence to support this. It is also assumed that the previously debunked evidence/arguments still hold true despite aforesaid debunking. The conclusion is assumed to stand firm regardless of the amount of evidence presented against it, the weakness of evidence/arguments presented in favour, and the lack of any solid evidence. The basic assumption may be questioned, but no answer will be provided. Such is the way.
  6. Today
  7. @ColdJ Appears it's loading but it still doesn't show. In the log: [LOG 18:25:03.016] Load MU model: Yezcorp/Buildings/Servicetower/MST37 [LOG 18:25:03.029] [Shabby] custom shader: KSP/Diffuse [LOG 18:25:03.029] [Shabby] custom shader: KSP/Diffuse [ERR 18:25:03.029] Texture 'Yezcorp/Buildings/Servicetower/gray' not found! the CFG: // Generated by Kerbal Konstructs STATIC { mesh = MST37.mu module = Part static = true author = ULA title = Complex 37 MST category = none cost = 0 manufacturer = United Launch Alliance description = Complex 37 MST name = Complex37tower } I have literally zero idea what to do. it's so frustrating as i feel that i have tried all that i can over the course of the last few days.
  8. cpu is from 7-19, gpu is from GPU is from 7-19 computer parts was 3 years old when the game released by the time ksp 2 released GPU was 2 gens old and the CPU 3 gens old.. The computer may very well have been in the performance mid range name a while ago just before last quarter of 2023 at the time but has lost that quite a bit ago at this point.. but this is absolutely not to say ksp 2 performance is stellar. i recently did a cleaning of my entire saves log and wiped it clean cause of a weird bug that yeah... anyway... the issue is CPU utilization then GPU for your case if i haven't said it another post that got closed... from what i know the cpu/gpu combo can do like 1080p or 1440p, but you will hit a CPU limit as of right now, but you shouldn't really be hitting 15fps, a laptop i tested with 150+ parts was 12-15fps with like 10400h and 1650 laptop.. much worse specs in current version.
  9. i had about 16 campaigns and about 5.6 GB of storage and 5,977 Files, 32 Folders total.. so didn't really know until i was having an issue of a single save was like actually locking freezing the game/instant crashing/lag and finally BSOD-ing my computer is when i wiped it clean Anth has already tested it and said he couldn't replicate, but i think its a more of an issue of most saves was/had been well played and had like 100's of quicksaves it needs to be investigated more, cause i have HAD better performance all around. if you watch the video that is my performance difference its like actually insane.
  10. Gotcha @Stephensan sorry for the confusion. I only run 1-2 campaigns at a time so I have no experience with that. How many campaigns have you noticed before performance is an issue? The auto save issue I’ve noticed is when 6+ auto saves start to pile up, with performance dropping further with each auto save. not sure if it’s related, but when you delete a vehicle build within the game, I have noticed that it keeps files within the games folders. This is true for vehicle auto saves as well. The folder just keeps piling on more and more information. These do not disappear until the campaign itself is deleted.
  11. Yeah that was super general cleanup - I wouldn't really expect it to have changed your initial situation, but that would have been nice If you wanna upload a fresh copy of your ksp.log again, that would be great - since it won't have those issues in it, and should be a little cleaner and hopefully easier to find the real issue!
  12. Well, in my case, 50% faster loading time means cutting it to about 2.5 minutes versus 5 minutes, which is actually A LOT! The game is currently installed on SATA SSD. I've tried to put it to M.2 PCIe-3 x4 SSD (my system disk), but haven't noticed any difference. My current rig is i7-8086K, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070. Did you use the same disk in your case?
  13. Am I imagining things? I swear I remember stumbling upon some kind of large diagram or flow chart for rational resources somewhere in this thread. Maybe I'm getting it confused with something else?
  14. Use the Cheat Menu, with Alt-F8. Spread the Longitude of Ascending Node by 120 degrees for each of your 3 satellites.
  15. Orbits are still buggy and will shift over time - Any fix applied will be temporary until the devs fix all the causes. Every time they strike down one variant of orbital decay, another two seem to pop up. If its important that these stay in those exact positions forever, then your gonna be having a bad time.
  16. The cache will improve overall runtime performance (ie, FPS), but don't expect loading times to be orders of magnitudes faster. Switching from a 6700K to a 5800X3D gave me triple the FPS, but maybe only 30-50% faster loading times.
  17. Recall our little miscommunication about wobble being fixed, in the now locked thread? I don't want to restart it here again, but you're getting close to what I was trying to say there, among other things. KSP 2 has some major challenges to solve, that KSP 1 didn't have to. Wobble is just one of many things. Here's the link of Nate's reply to my question regarding it. Notice the last few words... under construction. The re-entry heating dev chat had a similar tone. In an ideal world, those end solutions would already be implemented by now, and they'd just shovel features on top of them. In realistic world, those haven't been solved yet. And, I repeat, they aren't easy to solve. I'm just speculating here, but when they mention the word research, they are investigating how to do it.
  18. Alright I've still gotten no response about this, could someone help me, I don't care if it's manual JSON editing or a mod etc. but how do I get to editing/fixing my triangle orbits, because either through reloading bugs or floating point error and bad precision with the KSP2 maneuvers system, my triangle orbits dont stay in place/triangle. I just need help knowing what to edit what values to put etc. so I can just go and manually correct these orbits in my save file to be at the same altitude, circular, and 120 degrees apart from one another thanks in advance.
  19. Get it but we docked for half an century now and has it ever been issues outside the pre Apollo learning experiences and the Mir crash? Having to move back and retry is like an turnaround on landing. Has any mission failed to dock? Outside of launch fails and starliner who did not reach correct orbit?
  1. Load more activity