All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Rates of death due to direct human action (homicide) have been decreasing over time. It is possible for stone-age (no metal tools) civilizations to exist, I never said otherwise—those are "state" societies as far as I am concerned. Central power results in fewer homicides. This is hugely tangential (as was slavery). My only point is that "alternate economic systems" that may or may not have existed in small, pre-literate societies (hence cultures with no actual history we can interrogate) are not really useful for technologically advanced societies on Mars. <shrug> I think population size has an obvious impact, particularly among people who share nothing going in. We're talking about transplanting people who have all sorts of different backgrounds—some of which might have demonstrated themselves to be mutually exclusive so far in recent history in terms of living in harmony—a "tribal" system likely goes sideways. Note that many tribal systems had methosds of interpersonal problem-solving that we might find abhorrent. Violence, for example (most societies had some form of dueling, often described as "ritual warfare"). While the total casualties are low compared to modern warfare, the populations are far smaller, so the %s are high. A "raid" that satisfies itself with a single opposing member killed is a big deal in groups of 50 people.
  3. Ok thanks, I tried deleting anything after the parachute module in the ventral fin cfg, and that allowed me to load the game yesterday.
  4. This was a nice communication. Especially highlighting the bugs that are getting dev attention. PQS optimization is also awesome to hear about! The shiny stuff is indeed shiny! The clouds look amazing, I’d like to know more about their impact to performance though. I’m not too keen on not giving a time frame, that hurts. I get why you can’t drop a specific date, but giving us an estimate would be nice. We need more of this type of communication. You have shown exactly what kinds of information we have been asking for and communicated it nicely here, please don’t go radio silent again and keep these rolling please!
  5. @Nate Simpson, thank you for this Dev Blog. THESE are the sort of blogs we expect more frequently from the dev team. They do not have to be long, they just need to be to the point and cover the main things RE development (bugs, progress, something interesting or not). If you can pound out more short posts like this (with or without screenshots of anything) we would be infinitely happier. Just post frequently, it does not have to be huge. Post every two weeks (that's only twice a month, or 24 times a year, just a post) with something compact and to the point, I'm guessing you'll turn around the vibe on these forums right quick.
  6. How long is the "Panic" condition supposed to last? I've had Bill start panicking on launch and has stayed panicking for 10 days' worth of mission already. I decided to try and save edit it out, presuming it might be a bug. If it is, what might affect it would be TAC LS and Kerbal Construction Time. I've had power go out a bit temporarily due to a very unfortunately timed eclipse causing my cryo tanks to eat my power.
  7. @Presto200 I am aware of what Nate's post stated. My making mention of the problems was used to highlight that I feel this is what they should focus on, not telling us about clouds or PQS. Are those things nice? Yes they are. But until the gameplay loop is fixed, they don't mean anything.
  8. Oh. I’m really sorry if it sounded like that. You were just the one who said it to me so you were the one I kinda impulsively put a name on. Really wasn’t trying to attack. You aren’t the only one who hasn’t said that. But you’re right. That wasn’t cool of me. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. Genuinely didn't mean to.
  9. Silly Flush Foot! I somehow didn't even clue in that today wasn't FRIDAY!!!!!!!!
  10. <hands you a slice of pizza with anchovies and pineapple on it> Have a bantastic pizza day! 154604252024
  11. And maybe that's not the only thing being worked on Corrected interstage with shovel for flame: Standard proton reference measure
  12. Respectfully, The post did talk about them working on each of these problems: And even more he talked about fixing one of the main annoyances that come with the problem. While this doesn't necessarily fix the Delta-V calculator, It shows that they are committed to fixing the issue and making sure that the game stays fun while they work on it: I don't mean to disregard your concerns but I think if we are asking for more quality communication we should keep a positive attitude when they deliver, especially when it's specifically acknowledging what we have been saying for a while. I'm not saying anyone HAS TO be happy with where we are but I think a positive outlook is always better especially if one main complaint was asking for them to talk about what they are working on before it's here.
  13. Ah. You can also change your angle of attack by angling the wings during building, so that might be a good workaround.
  14. Yes, you are trying to dunk on me. Not cool to call me out specifically when I'm not the only one who was pretty sure nothing would come out until tomorrow. Thanks for that. On that note, I was wrong. Close, but still wrong.
  15. I wonder if the docking issues are related to either/both of: Incorrect landed state causing trajectory lines to disappear Vehicles falling through terrain during time warp
  16. problem with lunacrete is where do you get the water? will concrete even cure if its in a vacuum?
  17. They haven't explicitly NOT improved docking, at least not yet...
  18. Any improvements to make docking aless buggy experience?
  19. I'm going to call out a specific post in this thread to @Nate Simpson: I could not possibly agree more here. We were promised an update cadence of 6-7 weeks, and it's already been more than 3 months since the last one. We were promised communication updates every 2 weeks, then every month, then once a month, and then ended with "When Mike finally gets the internal calendar straightened". And when you finally do communicate what is going on, all we get is "We have an update coming. Can't tell you when, but look at the clouds!". I'm not going to apologize for my stance on this. The gameplay loop is infinitely more valuable to be working on than graphics at this point. The clouds and PQS improvements are nice - especially if they finally give some semblance of performance updates to those of us with mid-range equipment that you guys stated the game should run on with ~30 FPS. But for all that is good in this world, please prioritize fixing the gameplay loop. Colonies is great, interstellar is nice, resources will be wonderful. But none of that works if we still have the issues we've been complaining about since day 1. Period. Colonies don't work if the dV calculator is broken. Interstellar won't work if trajectory lines disappear. Resources won't work if all of our buildings and ships fall through terrain when we time warp to get to a full load. Thank you for the update. Please keep these coming with better frequency. But please don't just tell us "We're working on this" and then try to distract us with shiny pictures.
  20. Providing an update on my speculated timeline due to news we learned today (confirmation of 0.2.3 and a still unknown on 0.2.2 release date). The average time between updates is now 54 days (up from 49 in quoted post). If 0.2.2 released in 2 weeks we would have it on May 9th, 2024. Using the current average of all update timeframes, we could anticipate 0.2.3 on or around July 2nd, 2024. Again, using the average above, the time between 0.2.3 and 0.3.0 would take us to a release date on or around August 25th, 2024. 0.1 to 0.2 was 9 months, 25 days. This speculative colonies release date would put time between 0.2 and 0.3 at 8 months, 6 days. --- These are rough numbers and approximations only, so I am not making any sound predictions. However, I do believe this is an easy way to put progress into perspective. This timeline still has colonies beating the time it took to reach For Science by roughly a month and a half. Still acceptable, given Nate's previously mentioned hopes. However, there is very little room for additional 3 month gaps between updates and/or a 0.2.4 update if we are to believe his word. I'm skeptical that we get colonies before September 2024, but I would love to be proved wrong.
  1. Load more activity