All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. zer0Kerbal

[1.3] Planetary Domes

maybe DDS4KSP? https://github.com/Telanor/DDS4KSP
  3. Zhetaan

Satellite space program

Actually, it's fairly common for new players to botch a Mun capture (possibly by time-warping too much) and as a result get a gravity assist to interplanetary space. The only real difference with sending out a cloud of probes is that you're doing it deliberately. One of the interesting things about KSP's development is that when they first introduced planets, there was only sandbox mode, so the developers put the planets (or many of them) very close to good transfer windows at the start of the game. When they added career mode, they never changed the planets' initial positions, so if you want to get to other places quickly, then you usually have to do it with a cheap flyby probe in early career. Absolutely, yes. The science returns for other places put the Kerbin system to shame; the only advantage for Kerbin is that the Kerbin system has an immense number of biomes. The experiments are light, the electrical systems that you need unlock on the same tree branches as the experiments (or close enough that you don't need to research the whole tree just to do this), and in general, especially with one-way trips, you simply don't need that much rocket to accomplish the mission. You are missing out, should you not at least try it. Decide whether you like it. Take a lot of screenshots. Post it over in Mission Reports. See the things that you don't know are there.
  4. zer0Kerbal

Module Manager Syntax Help

@CoriW Here is a MM patch I use to 'ghost' parts: I take it [Cherry?Light] has a space in the part name? @PART[Cherry?Light|KAL9000|KR-2042|kOSMachine*]:NEEDS[kOS]:FINAL I would suggest dividing up different mod parts into separate patches. also - add -mm-dump to the KSP Command line - creates a directory ( Game/_MMCfgOutput ) that has all the resulting part.cfg files (resulting means after all MM patches applied). If you use CKAN there is an option for it (Settings/KSP Command-line). Once it dumps you can see exactly how your patches have been applied.
  5. allista

[1.7] Global Construction

Which KSP version do you use?
  6. what a great release note/change log item! personally - MohoBBQ... extra sauce.
  7. Building a multithreaded physics engine(and it's associated UI for dev) isn't a simple task. Do you know if there is a way to do multi-threading in Unity as it is now?
  8. DLC can't fix what Kerbal needs, the engine is woefully dated.
  9. 10/10 name fits the avatar, good job, sir.
  10. 5thHorseman

Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

It would have been *EPIC* of that post was originally made by @StrandedonEarth
  11. Triop

Misspell the Username!

Ho Lam Kerman. Oh, wait. He misspelled his own name already....
  12. Triop

The word game.

Electrophysiological.
  13. StrandedonEarth

Guess Who Will Reply Next?

Boo yah! hmmm, wild guess here.. @Nivee~?
  14. Triop

Ask a stupid question, Get a stupid answer back.

I don't know. Picture kerbiloid in a pink skirt ? Hahaha, what has been seen . . .
  15. @VelocityPolaris The path to the output log changed at some point after that support page was written. On a Windows 10 PC mine is located: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt There is also the KSP.log file in the install directory of Kerbal Space Program. Depending on who wants the log, one or the other may be preferred.
  16. Triop

Dumb ways to die (KSP Edition)

Well . . .
  17. Triop

Rate the User above you's Location

10/10 I'm in a good mood.
  18. Gargamel

Quite. @StrandedonEarth
  19. Triop

Weirdest Quotes!

" I looked and looked but I didn't see God. " - Yuri Gagarin
  20. Today
  21. Triop

I'm not supposed to be here... Usually I get banned after being here in my happy hour... Aint that right @Gargamel
  22. Yeah m8 I read that bit, it's that which confuses me. I go to the kerbal space program files, then the ksp 64 data folder, and I can't find a single file within that looks anything like an output log. Thanks for the prompt response though.
  23. I am new to this, so forgive my poll before insering information. So spaceships can land on their tail or their belly in scifi. Yet to do so repeatedly (20 times and counting) you need scifi tech (part fantasy part science). So here are some proposed solutions: Quoton rocket: Somehow photons are accelerated to FTL speeds. Thus with such high momentum going out the flashlight nozzle, momentum in the opposite direction is given to the ship. You can fly so long you have electricity. Yet to push greater amounts of mass you need greater amounts of electricity. Something like a navy vessel's mass would likely be getting it's electrical power from antimatter. A small light vessel could get by with batteries, or a nuclear reactor to provide the electrical power. Portal rocket: Portals connect ship to a planet fuel depot. Rocket fuel is fed into the ship up to a light second distance max. Such range can be increased by linking portal satelites every light second from the planet. In deep space far away from any portal satellites or planets with portals linked to fuel depots, the possibility of running out of fuel is a real one. Antigravity ascension: A ship generates antigravity waves beneath it to repel itself from the planet. I would imagine that the gravity and antigravity forces would cancel out beneath the ship, making anything beneath the ship weightless. As the ship ascends farther and closer to space, the antigravity waves will have spread for miles. Essentially making miles of a planet's surface weightless. As long as the antigravity ascension drive is on this effect would continue, that is why the ship should reach orbital speed ASAP. Unless it does not care about those below floating, and a lot of dust floarlting upward as well. So with all that in mind, which scifi solution for reaching space would you prefer to use and why? Which is safest to use?
  24. Meecrob

SpaceX Discussion Thread

"Catastrophic One, cleared landing" Rolls off the tongue better than Yankee alpha xray
  1. Load more activity