All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Works for me, KSP 1.7; you should have an icon in the VAB/SPH toolbar, resembling a crane IIRC, that opens the parts list. You might have a better chance for support in the not-dead thread over there:
  3. klgraham1013

Proposal for expanding the solar system

Exactly. We need better planets. Not more planets.
  4. FahmiRBLXian

Google Picture War RELOADED

Nope. Dead Or Alive, not Dead or Dead.
  5. Sorry, I didn't have time to play KSP lately, so no log yet. But my case was "3", i.e. I just updated KSP to 1.7 and tried to resume my current career. Everything looked ok except the kOS terminal window. Oh, and one more thing. When I first loaded a vessel, the kOS window said the processor was starving although the vessel had enough EC. I went to KSC and then back and this message was gone, but the terminal still didn't open. Not sure if these glitches are related.
  6. Messier

Notre Dame on Fire

Apparently, the cause of the fire was a short circuit. Seems believable, but it could've also been arson.
  7. Messier

More planets!

Or instead of adding more boring planets like the stock ones, upgrade the existing planets to each have unique features or landscapes. Every planet is basically just a lump of rock and the occasional pool of water.
  8. Missingno200

[1.7+] Making Scenariory(Custom Scenario)

I just noticed the entire premise is screwed because I can't seem to disable SAS for all probes... with scenarios. Squad, why do you do this to me? I guess pretend the SAS isn't there? I'll have to think of a new way to make this scenario more challenging later. How this got past me is beyond me...
  9. This. I personally find most of the KSP planets boring as they're all the same; just a bunch of rock. But if each planet had different features that were unique to that planet, then I would actually be motivated to go out there.
  10. JacobTheFoxx

One handed gaming

Not sure if you still need help, but I have a Corsair Schimitar and it has 12 buttons, could be good for what you need.
  11. Remember that NASA can't just disable clouds on the go.
  12. The museum as a repository for screenshots with geodata, finding plaques, exporting screenshots with IG-like filters applied ... what a great idea! Please don’t retire. There are 684 mods that need you! But you are right! As my late father used to say, “nothing is impossible for the person who doesn’t have to do it themselves”
  13. Some of the stuffs that old pw can do. It is kind of buggy.
  14. I actually have no clue where this goes, so please move it if it's in the wrong spot. What a wonderful day it is, on the really old outdated and frankly nostalgic at this point launchpad, where a mission is about to take a place. A mission that will Make History and... Actually I'm pretty sure noone's going to jump at this. You can see the moon-Alright you know what, that's enough of that. If you wanna skip everything and just download the file, click here. This post is an absolute mess and I do not blame you for just wanting to skip most of it. If you want to read my ramblings, please continue on. I plan to clean up this post eventually, but it's 5 in the morning and I'm tired. Making Scenariory is (maybe? Probably? Unlikely?) the first user created scenario(not that it means much...) and it's what it says on the tin. A critique on the Stayputnik, and the absolute utter annoyance it is to not have SAS on it when literally EVERY OTHER UNMANNED COMMAND CORE THAT HAS EXISTED DOES. Ignoring my flash of anger there, critics will say that this scenario was designed to be the worst possible scenario in history, and then rudely ask you how the heck you got into their house and why your pants were down, but BAH, what do they know about art? They're not the artists, I'm the artist! I've gone through the effort to make the mission as challenging and as painful as possible. This means you cannot timewarp the mission, there is no quick loading, no map, and ESPECIALLY, for some reason, NO GOING BACK TO THE MAIN MENU. Yeah, I'm just as surprised as you are that I'm even allowed to do that. The craft you see below is the craft you will be using to land on the Mün, which appears to have wasted fuel and oxidizer, so you basically only have 1/2 of it left, and 8 units of monopropellant. Sitting in a low orbit around the Mün, deorbiting is the easy part. It's the landing and not spiraling out of control that is the hard part. It's possible, but it's really hard. To install, download the scenario and put it in your scenarios folder that is located in the KSP saves folder. By default, for windows, this is located here(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\scenarios\). After that is done, you're good to go. You don't even need to reboot KSP!
  15. There is an issue on the bug tracker, for anyone who wants to give this a vote: Bug #20762
  16. Barzon Kerman

Shower thoughts

Why? Surely its a good thing?
  17. Today
  18. Tyko

What did you do in KSP today?

Warning Will Robinson!!!
  19. I knew I did something wrong but that was actually my untested verson, as I ran out of time
  20. In most cases I feel it works fine, but in some cases SAS does not seem to go too well with certain (aircraft) designs. For instance, SAS can induce some wobble in an aircraft if the Center of Lift is way behind the Center of Mass, noticeable especially at very high speeds. SAS input is just too coarse and therefore always overcompensates, leading to a pitching up and down cycle. But in such cases the craft is usually perfectly stable on its own at high velocities, so SAS is not really needed for flying it anyhow. There are however some other long-standing behaviours that make certain wing configurations really not viable. They are related to the internal craft control scheme, i.e. the code that decides, which control surface has to move in which direction on which input (or flight vector). By extension those inconsistencies also affect SAS, which means using SAS to fly such crafts will inevitably lead to rapid, though somewhat scheduled disassembly. An example includes this issue on the bug tracker: Bug #20847 Over the years there definitely were some substantial improvements added to the system, so in general I think it works rather well, considering that it has to handle the vast amount of combinations that parts can be assembled into crafts.
  21. Flibble

Cant get into orbit

My Mk2 spaceplane could lift about 6 tonnes or so to lko with enough fuel margin to do orbital rendezvous. I didn't have rapiers either as it was in career. I mainly used it for shuttling tourists and crew up and down though as it is much cheaper than using staged rockets for that. I recall having a lot more wing than the OP though, huge delta wings in fact to give enough lift. They also meant I could glide land it fairly easily.
  22. kerbiloid

Shower thoughts

It's almost a week since 1.7.0. And still no 1.7.1. I'm getting worried...
  23. purpleivan

Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation

Knew that was coming up Actually rounded the top and coming down the other side now.
  24. putnamto

Keyboard and mouse

I agree with gargamel on his bullet points, the one thing I don't understand though is that both consoles have native kb/m support, so it shouldn't be that hard, right? Actually now that I think about it, it would probably be a PITA, since ksp enhanced was built from the ground up with controllers in mind
  25. Good advice. I play with an xbox pad a lot (on PC) and they need really large deadzones to avoid accidental drift. I think mine are 30% from memory.
  1. Load more activity