All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Cobalt made those so you would need to hear from him but I can say that its unlikely unless there's some space on the sheet as you need to map a different UV island near the end of the tank due to the baked ambient occlusion (assuming there was motivation to do this to begin with it can be hard to work up the energy to work on files long since completed haha). Its a somewhat tedious thing anyway which is why the Atlas tanks only have this on one end.
  3. Lemme put it this way: This is the Mun: This is Vall: This is Eeloo: It would probably look like that. Plus colony parts plus new planets. But I assume they quickly realized that what they want to achieve is impossible in such a short timeframe. It was a mistake to put a date on the very first announcement trailer.
  4. This point of view has a few interesting undertones. First you seem to be assuming that any or at least most of the negative responses are by default overreacting and uncalled for, instead of justified. If they did promise something and did not deliver, why should the response not be calling them out? It also seems to me that your assumption is that because the feedback so far to the communication has been mostly negative, it must be the fault of the people giving the feedback instead of the communication itself causing this. You also do seem to think that by default if there are previews or sneak peaks communicated, there will be a significant amount of things shown in those communications which will be cut or altered to the point of aggravating the audience. And this to me is really interesting. In fact you don't seem to think that they are capable of communicating in a reliable and truthful manner. Because if you did, you wouldn't be presenting your argument in the first place. I want to point out that you are specifically talking about people's reaction to a situation where the devs are showcasing stuff that ends up being cut or altered or fail to meet expectations. To me it sounds like a pretty legitimate thing to complain about. There are lots and lots of other companies which do just fine with this. Besides a game developer can't be a snowflake who throws their toys out of the pram just because their customers don't complain in a way the company would like. If for nothing else, for every loud complainer there's usually a hundred silent people who just read the news. But the core issue with IG is that they consistently overpromise and underdeliver. That's why people react so poorly.
  5. People aren't in this forum or protesting KSP2 perpetually, I check maybe twice a day tops for example, most "pearl clutchers" and "whiners" are not crying on the streets about it, that's just consistent hyperbole trying to handwave complaints and criticism away to force the tone of the forum into a desired one. Most "pearl clutchers" just actually left their negative review and left probably forever. Others came here and provided feedback, got ignored like 99% of feedback and left, again probably forever. And the rest that stuck around this far still have some semblance of hope, or at least want to see where this ship is going because they keep giving developers another chance, which is exactly what some are asking for, but since it's easier to label people as whiners than to actually read what they post about, we end up in the same overacted hyperbole. That's what seems super weird to me, it's always this demonizing and hyperbolic short-of-personal attacks to anyone who dares say anything without "dear devs", "please" and "thank you", specially because people have actually tried that. In fact, I remember some people asking very nicely about the UI and fonts after release because they can't read. And where did that feedback end 14 months later? And somehow some expect people to just say "oh well, that's $50 and a year of my time on a game I can't read the font of" and go without saying anything? They're at least gonna have some colorful thing to say, probably on their reviews. Well, they didn't take the nicely framed feedback seriously either. At least nothing to show for it yet. All we got from the feedback on the heat devblog was never seeing another in depth devblog about a proper core feature and none of the important questions addressed, just a tantrum-ish stomp on the floor. 14 months and counting to change a font. No more questions your honor. God forbid devs actually have any semblance of value for their words... If they can't show anything because not even they know what's gonna end up in the game, what are we even doing here? Plus, they put themselves under such a scrutinizing eye by being, themselves, unfaithful to their own dates, and promises first. Again, more hyperbole to blame the community and completely sidestepping what's been done wrong by the devs. You can absolutely like the update and have fun and hundreds of hours in it, but reception is a measurable fact and oh boy. Reviews barely budged up to mixed from mostly negative, and there was another influx of negatives with that. The subreddit started automatically (by humans, not bots Dakota) downvoting KSP2 content again, media coverage was null. Sure, the player numbers jumped, but only to a quarter of the peak, and rapidly went back to <5% of original players, and half of KSP1. Also, the constant "complaining about complaining" and dwindling of activity tells you that even here the reception wasn't that good. Again, nothing to do with you liking it, nothing against you liking either. This is a fallacy. Publishers colluding to jack the price of their products and sending money under the table to gaming media to agree, even though the market cap has gone so high games are more profitable than movies and music combined (and adult entertainment too!), makes no economical sense other than to further pad their pockets. The decrease of sales in blockbuster AAA titles will easily tell you that no, games aren't $70, except for a select few million players that live well enough to throw $70 away without a second thought. As evidence fresh in my mind, the fastest selling and most played game in the last 2 decades is a $15 indie (15 million copies in a month, 19 million active concurrent players). And I'm sure you don't need me to link anything about the general sentiment towards the AAA industry, how many jobs/studios have been lost (10000 last year, 8000 more in just this quarter of 2024), and how franchises are dropping like flies because the AAA machine is destroying itself by failing to understand what the public wants.
  6. Is there any chance raceways can be toggled on/off for all the Thor/Delta tanks as well? I find that I can't really put silly stuff like unintended adapters and interstages on top of the tanks because the raceways just abruptly end and makes it look awkward. It's especially odd because there are one or two Thor tanks or adapters that have toggleable raceways already.
  7. Guessing a mod will show up in the future, like Infernal Robotics did for KSP1.
  8. Same here. Something like a starship style reentry with proper heat tiles and not just slowing down and hoping for the best would be fantastic in the game. Maybe they could add that if they were placed and they conform to the shape of the rocket (like heat tiles would and do) to a certain extent too.
  9. Although this may have changed, it was confirmed that we won't ever see robotics prior to 1.0. And at that, we may not ever see it in stock or DLC.
  10. "Lithobraking near you in 2020", guessing everyone remembers. Were they originally planning a re-skin of KSP1 somehow? Was this ever discussed and I'm just forgetting? I just felt the urge to watch the original cinematic trailer, and I can't believe that was literally 5 years ago. 5 years ago. God this is depressing...
  11. Thats strange. Most of my embeds were before that change, if i recall. Oh well. Hopefully something like archive.org has them, i never bothered to save them. Discord typically does the dumbest of stuff, so its not really surprising this happened.
  12. 3 main details for me to stick playing KSP2: - Proper camera controls. Camera at the moment is horrendously bad. It is really bad. So bad that it throws me off. Already sent them detailed feedback about it a while back. - Performance. I'm not sticking with KSP2 until performance matches or improves that of KSP 1's. - Sense of progress. Science update was nice but it's lacking. Colonies might aid, but I feel I won't feel complete until we get resource gathering and robotics. I just can't hop onto a new game with less features than KSP1 currently has.
  13. So i have this understood correctly - hope so.
  14. "We are switching to making electric cars. I mean how hard can it be?"
  15. Today
  16. "Why can I hear a gyroscopic stabiliser going crazy, oh wait, one of the legs has snapped off, oh no than whine is getting serious, oh !@#$%^&*"
  17. Calling 911 because a Zombie ate your anatomy homework.
  18. This mod is for KSP1; all mods for KSP2 may be found in this area of the forum: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/130-ksp2-mod-releases/
  19. Sticking it to the Ban. (Hippie)
  20. ColdJ

Shower thoughts

The ability to understand the unlikely survival of the Human race is the mental basis for depression. (not forgetting the chemical basis, it just is not relevant to this thought.) There is good reason that many highly intelligent individuals get depression and that sometimes that leads to suicide. Ignorance is bliss. The race is on to see if humans can wipe themselves out before the planet does. Though with the state of much of the world in this last year period, it looks good for humans to win this one. If you know that the end is nigh, then the best thing you can do is treat those around you with kindness. We can't stop what is coming but we can create some happiness before then.
  21. As long as it gives you engines with high ISPs with which you can work around the challenges of this mod, it will be enough. I'm myself trying to get there stock, which is not the intended way, but even then it should be possible. The recommendation for FFT or similar mods is just so people don't have to engineer brutal ships to play the mod. I am anything but familiarized with Space Dust, so no, the mod has no support for it nor plans for it. Also yes, the mod's music is affected by the game's own music volume slider, so have fun listening to the songs! Same as Taco Salad, I have never used the mod, except I think for an hour or so when it first released, so I don't have any idea how I would give it support Thank you!
  1. Load more activity