All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It seems very likely that the sole purpose of TakeTwo buying the rights to the KSP franchise in may 2017 was to allow the development of KSP 2 by another game studio. To quote the press release : So it isn't too hazardous to assume that plans were already in place at the time and that KSP 2 development started shortly after, if not before that date. With a release date of early 2020, that put the development at nearly 3 years, with a team of about 30 people currently according to the VGC interview. KSP is a relatively large game in terms of code, but not so much in terms of assets (models, textures, sound...), so those numbers feels quite adequate to me. Plus they obviously had access to the KSP1 source code instead of going into the lengthy process of prototyping everything from scratch. While it's likely large portions of the code are rewritten from the ground up, having access to working code (even if they do it differently) can speed up the early steps quite a bit.
  3. Probably liquid nitrogen or helium cooling system as I believe that is a magnetic plasma engine.
  4. Hello, is it true that HarvesteR was not informed for the development of KSP2 before the release of the announcement?
  5. Updated revamp releases on github are restructured. Both Nexus and TDAPS have a gamedata folder and then the mod folder. Github always tags your zips with the version tag, leading to mangled folder names if you assume otherwise. This also means I can add content that isn't expected to be installed as the mod, eg source files, craft files etc. Nexus : https://github.com/TiktaalikDreaming/Nexus/releases/tag/1.9.0824b 2nd Stage Engine : https://github.com/TiktaalikDreaming/TDAPS/releases/tag/0.2.190824 I'll have a look into Comfy landings mod. I remember seeing some of that a while ago, but didn't know it involved retro burn timings.
  6. Using the Moist Mod and P . Domes Beta , you can do this
  7. The key component. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maillard_reaction
  8. I am struggling to not make comments about the current US administration.
  9. What has me the most interested is the engine from the lander at the end of the trailer. It looks like it has some built in radiators as well as bizarre plumbing feeding into a nozzle.
  10. You don't. Everything you write on the internet can and will be used against you in a court of law.
  11. A lot of landings with landers I've only flown one or two times before bounce back up.
  12. As I understand Squad transformed to an game company because the success of KSP Some hints that they have an new game in development.
  13. Agree about no life support, an lack of greenhouses. With them an colony could be self supported even supply ships with food.
  14. Hi fellow kerbonauts It’s been a while since I visited this forum and even longer since I seriously worked on my mods. So today I officially drop support for them. It’s been a very good experience, the ksp community is unique of its kind, full of very talented, original and helpfull people and I had a very good time with you. I hope someone will be willing to take over and continue my work, all I done for ksp is licensed under the MIT license which allow anyone to take it over. I’ll try to respond to any question that may arise regarding the code but don’t expect it to be quick. If you’re interested leave me a pm. Thanks to Squad and all of the KSP community for this adventure My others mods which need carring too :
  15. Welcome to the forum @apocalyptik. Test success!
  16. Oh even better! Allow a paid mod be a base mod for a bunch of other mods! That would never end badly! You could call the system the Kerbal Kreation Klub 2.0! Hmm... where have I head that one before? And no, the joke isn't the acronym. Shouldn't need to say that.
  17. Hi fellow kerbonauts It’s been a while since I visited this forum and even longer since I seriously worked on my mods. So today I officially drop support for them. It’s been a very good experience, the ksp community is unique of its kind, full of very talented, original and helpfull people and I had a very good time with you. I hope someone will be willing to take over and continue my work, all I done for ksp is licensed under the MIT license which allow anyone to take it over. I’ll try to respond to any question that may arise regarding the code but don’t expect it to be quick. If you’re interested leave me a pm. Thanks to Squad and all of the KSP community for this adventure My others mods which need carring too :
  18. Glushko said "twenty years". Of course it would. The Expanse has a distinct paucity of radiators.
  19. Hi fellow kerbonauts It’s been a while since I visited this forum and even longer since I seriously worked on my mods. So today I officially drop support for them. It’s been a very good experience, the ksp community is unique of its kind, full of very talented, original and helpfull people and I had a very good time with you. I hope someone will be willing to take over and continue my work, all I done for ksp is licensed under the MIT license which allow anyone to take it over. I’ll try to respond to any question that may arise regarding the code but don’t expect it to be quick. If you’re interested leave me a pm. Thanks to Squad and all of the KSP community for this adventure My others mods which need carring too :
  20. Yes, if its continues fusion and not pulsed with good yield it would have very high ISP and could have good TWR. However for gameplay reasons the engine is not very high trust, so its very good for an small and fast craft, for something large you want orion or Daedalus Metalic hydrogen will be an killer on tiny crafts as its an monopropelant, isp is not that high but you don't need an heavy engine, your puff engine now has 1000 s and much higher trust.
  21. Today
  22. I tend to agree. nli2work's parts are glorious! Moderator: kindly move this thread to Releases. TYIA.
  23. Not much to add to @Geonovast's extensive and excellent explanation, well done. Just an example then. I did put sets of three equally spaced relay sats around every celestial body (see here https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:Setting_up_a_CommNet_system ), the upper stage of my rocket looks this: Each relay sat consists of the antenna, a probe core, solar panels plus battery, a fuel tank, and a small maneuver engine, and has a small decoupler upside-down between the engine and the interstage node. After deploying all three sats, the carrier rocket which also has a probe core (below the fairing base), small batteries (just inside the fairing), and a reaction wheel, can easily be deorbited to avoid space junk..
  1. Load more activity