All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I wanted to design a scifi SSTO around the gimmick of being able to cancel the pull of gravity. I soon realized rocketry would be wastefull when I could just turbofan and coast into space. Sure it will take longer but not unbearably so, maybe an hour more. But it's worth it for not having to expend propellant. For space travel they would use a special vacuum reaction drive that pushes off space vacuum itself for thrust and won't work within thick atmosphere. Requires vacuum conditions to work.
  3. The Calabash engine's reactor reach his 1600k peak temperature and shutdown, doesnt matter how much i try to cool him down, even if the engine itself is deactivate. Im using the liquid radiators, but also tried with the ones in FFT mod and the overheat is still there. Can provide a log file but my game is heavily modded, and i dont think is a mod compatibility issue anyway. Any other engine works just fine...
  4. During the closing days of WWI, the Germans developed the B-1E Elektronbrandbombe, a 1 kg incendiary bomb with a thermite payload in a casing of an aluminum-magnesium alloy known as Elektron. It was the predominant Luftwaffe incendiary in WWII, leading to many raised eyebrows as contemporary materials keep referring to "electron(ic) bombs".
  5. That *really* shouldn’t be the case…why aren’t you just using CKAN? 99% of the time “I reinstalled everything and it works” just means it wasn’t installed correctly the first time. You should verify the assumption about modulemanager. Upgrade it to the newest version, changing nothing else, and see if the problem returns. For best results, copy your KSP.log and modulemanager.configcache files somewhere else first and then you can compare them to see what changed.
  6. Today
  7. Where are you seeing different speeds? The altitude of an orbit should determine the speed but not the orientation.
  8. Hahahaha! Damn it! That's why you should turn off your phone when you are tired
  9. I've been looking all over the internet and I've asked chatgpt and everything, I've done the calculations and I'm still pretty baffled on why Polar orbits require a higher speed by almost 3x the speed of a normal orbit going at the equator, the things that I keep seeing is that orbits that go around the polar orbit do more coverage and require a higher speed to deal with this. Now I do understand higher speed is require to cover greater distance, but keep a satellite in orbit shouldn't have anything to do with coverage, your distance away from the planet is what allows to cover more/less. Both polar orbits/equator orbits should be covering the same amount, and maybe a little more at the equator because of the earth rotation, now why I'm pretty confused about is that the earth's equator has a way higher distance around it then a polar orbit so technically it should have a way higher velocity to keep it in orbit. The only thing that I can seem to think that would be the answer to this is an angle on the satellites trajectory, but it would need to be corrected over and over and over to even maintain it in orbit, and it wouldn't even have anything to do with drag. if anyone can possibly answer this, it would greatly be appreciated. thank you
  10. EDIT: Accidentally posted the next chapter before I was done, darn enter button. Ignore this post. Thing is, I can't just copy and paste from google drive to here as the formatting will be messed up and I'll have to recopy all of the images from imgur as they will be the wrong size. So, I generally try to do everything in the forum editor and then copy to google drive as a backup, but sometimes that happens.
  11. I'm still trying to figure out what sort of climate sim software/library might fit my needs best. If anyone has any advice or can point me in a direction, that would be much appreciated. (particularly one that can also simulate not-earthlike planets)
  12. I can imagine a KSP 1.13 one day with all of the scrapped content added... and the kraken slain... It would be a ton of optimization, but the community is up for it.
  13. Point of fact, jet engines do not need oxygen to operate. In fact, they don't even require combustion at all. Case in point, squids and octopus use jets. The means to accelerate reactant mass does not involve combustion. With regards to turbojets, and by extension the cores of turbofans, as long as there is a source of heat and the engine operates as close to an ideal Brayton-cycle as possible, it should work in almost any gaseous medium. As you correctly identified, input heat to the core can be supplied from a nuclear reactor. As the diagram below shows, heat from the reactor is added to the fluid flow downstream of the compressor via a heat exchange. Of course, why would you wish to use a turbojet, or turbofan, for powered flight within the atmospheres of other planets anyway?
  14. They were too lazy to oppress just a single farm, and see what happened.
  15. My temporary solution for the VentralFin is deleting ModuleParachute and ModuleDragModifier. @PART[bluedog_X15_VentralFin] { !MODULE[ModuleParachute] {} !MODULE[ModuleDragModifier],* {} MODULE { name = ModuleB9DisableTransform transform = canopy } }
  16. im having trouble with spawning a craft file. like the craft spawns, but when i go to add a part it says cannot be first part on a vessel. what do i do? link is https://kerbalx.com/TheFailureKing/Grumman-F-14A-Tomcat
  17. Что именно нужно выполнить в 1 пункте ? Суборбитальный полет завершил, но задание не выполнено потому что она что то "Желает"
  18. Что именно "Желает" Ее взял, суборбитальный полет совершил, приземлился, но задание не выполнилось
  19. Rarely still on this platform. But seeing how people have been?

20. Don't get me wrong, even though my previous message sounds like I've given up on this game, that couldn't be farther from the truth. I strongly believe in them, and I can't wait for the day I can open KSP2 and not close it until 8 hours later. I'll be there sending bug reports first minute Colonies update is out, because it's what I signed up for. I desperately want to look at this game and think "now, this is a truly worthy successor to KSP1". Just saying, for those who may think I'm just trying to spread the doomer virus for no reason.
  21. Shockingly, I've always heard good things about HP Omen, for desktops (not sure if this good reputation extends to their laptops or not). And I've heard no end of bad things about Dell / Alienware. Neither is from first hand experience though. Personally, I'd always go with Memory Express, but that's only an option if you happen to be Canadian. But maybe also look around to see if you have a local / regional PC and parts store with a good reputation, reviews, and doesn't look like it's on the edge of going bankrupt. Then, check prices, see what they cover and handle for support, compare to make sure you're getting a good deal.
  22. Not big updates, but I redid the electrical for the right desk leg, cause I was unsatisfied with it. The light output has an internal strain relief, and will go to an outlet box that all the lighting can plug into. The outlet box now reuses the cords from the pair of power strips I got for the vertical riser posts, and i will attatch removable plugs to the end of those cords, which were cut down to length to save on cable clutter, and allow the cords to be threaded through holes in the desk. The old desk's long workbench power strip will now be located under the desk.the teo endmost outlets on that long power strip will power the leg outlets and riser outlets. Been busy with spring cleaning, so only did a bit with the desk's electrical. Work's been busy, so I haven't had much free time. Partly why I finally got the switches. Now is a good time, money wise, to splurge on parts. Might stop at the harware store tomorrow and try to find what I need to finish up the legs. I bought a miniature trim router for doing small work, like the other leg, and the openings I need to make for it's outlets. It should be notably faster than the dremel was. Depending on how easy it is to work with, I might go ahead and moint the CRTs I have in the left desk segment, while things are still dissassembled.
  23. Great writeup, good to see more people being realistic about the absolute disaster this project is on all fronts. Yes, they've got a game that somewhat works now and has something to do in it provided you're not mind-numbed after the 3rd time clicking that flashing blue light trying to harvest some dopamine. Sadly, you really don't speak for everyone. Some people are happy this mess is what it is and will seclude themselves in positive-chambers to repeat to each other that if they can wait more, and enforce positivity, it'll all be fine.
  24. Exactly as the title. I personally would love to see it come back. it was such a cool concept.
  25. Well, here's a square island I built on Kerbin at location 70W on the equator about 50 klicks downrange from KSC: Same for Eve, except it would be purple and "toad-ugly".
  26. Thank you, I was stupid, I didnt enable the launchsite in the game, it turns out it requires two steps to enable the launch site even in sandbox mod. Problem fixed, thank you for the help.
  1. Load more activity