All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Basically what the title says. I think it would be really cool to be able to attach parts to moving parts. with this you can for example make bigger landing legs, gridfins, and very simple stock hinges. As far as I know there isn't yet a way to do this/no mod yet, and I don't know how hard it is to make. Or if it's even possible at all. What do you guys think?
  3. Vegetal

[1.4.x] Smart Parts Continued

Is the speed controller limited to 1000 m/s max? I can't seem to get it at a value greater that this...
  4. Spacescifi

Why have multiple rocket nozzles on scifi spaceships?

Interesting. So a proper fusion scifi spaceship that follows known principles can only look much like the ship on the expanse. I have wanted to make many of the absurd spaceship shape designs seen in scifi practical (for alien style and variety), but where real life engine constraints matter, there really would be an optimum shape. In other words, scifi human and alien ships, if they use fusion, will both look much the same because of optimization of fusion engines. Thanks for your informative post!
  5. Um... is there some sort of planet and moon list? Just wondering. Ping me with response.
  6. ILoveStars

Galaxies Unbound Series [InDev]

But the Kerbol system is practically the Sol system, but refined.
  7. Interesting exception. That tells me your preecoller is missing a ModuleResourceIntake (or non stock module inheriting from it), which the AtmosphericIntake assumes is present. Somehow this partmodule has been removed, I'm going to assume another Mod has removed it (and replaced it with something else). It would be intresting to know which is sabotaging KSPIE
  8. I’ve seen some screenshots going around of NF spacecraft IVAs featuring moardv’s new IVA mod; is it being integrated as a replacement for RPM for the newer pods or are the pics someones DIY?
  9. Gordon Dry

[1.7+] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.21

Okay, then it would be helpful to put the according values in the .version file - as information for the lurking user.
  10. Considering these suggestions have been implemented, years ago, into the mods Bon Voyage and Rover Science, probably best to let this one lie.....
  11. I have an issue with KCT that just displays a grey box when loaded in - no buttons etc. (1.7 version) anyone else having a similar issue?
  12. Incarnation of Chaos

No attachment nodes on top or bottom of part

2.5 seems to work the best; 3.75 is a bit snug lul. Also i will; should be a fun little experiment.
  13. Theorycrafting is fun and all, but wouldn't it be more informative to just.. let kOS perform rotation towards a SAS vector and then see if it 'snaps' to the SAS marker like it does without kOS? If it works as desired then kOS won't really be able to move the ship much towards that vector without RCS, but when it arrives, it'll 'magnetically' snap towards it.
  14. linuxgurugamer

[1.7] Kerbal Health 1.3.5 (2019-04-14)

@garwel I took a quick look at the code. The only place that I see an issue is in KerbalhealthStatus.cs, there is a case statement at line 84 which returns the LocationString based on the kerbal's status. It doesn't appear that it would be a problem, you have a check for a null vessel. However, adding one line would fix the problem: case (ProtoCrewMember.RosterStatus)9001: return "Vacation"; This is a quick fix, I suppose a better one would be for me to make this a public field in Crew R&R so you could just reference it, this would be protection against any possible changes in the future. Let me know.
  15. Tonka Crash

Have you tried it? I don't know why the latest KIS wouldn't work in KSP 1.6.1. It compiles against 1.6.1 (just checked) without code changes, so I would expect the current release to run just fine on 1.6.1 no matter what sort of warnings you get from KSP-AVC.
  16. GJNelson

[1.6–1.7] Astrogator v0.9.1

@HebaruSan I'm having a strange issue with Astrogator after I updated it to v0.9.1. When I click it's toolbar icon to open a window for it, there is no "X" to close the window and the settings symbol is missing too. If I uninstall it and install the previous v0.9.0, I have no problems like this with it. I have installed it via CKAN, but am getting ready to install it manually. Any help if I am missing some step would be greatly appreciated. Oh, another thing is I'm opening it at the space center screen. I'm not sure if that is why it's occurring, where as if I opened it while controlling a spaceship in space it might not happen. With the previous version it did not matter for me.
  17. Today
  18. Ahhh shame since steam cloud was to blame here. When you did your old backup did you save the entire ''saves'' folder or only the files inside the ''Backup'' folder. For future backups make sure you have coppied the whole ''saves'' folder and everytime before you update the game or a mod make sure you keep a copy. Although i have no idea what is going on with your game , i admire your will to keep going and try to find a solution.Good luck .
  19. Nigel J. Cardozo

[1.6.1] Nice MKseries Body [NMB] [V3.2] [2019.3.22]

Same here. Try using the world stabilizer mod.
  20. ErinBensen

Hermeus supersonic airliner

Mach 2.2 will be Concorde performance matched. Sounds like KSP
  21. Aegolius13

Unequal air distribution

You could also stick a precooler in front of each of the engines (though this would lengthen your ship a bit). They're my go-to intake when I don't have a 1.25m front node available for a shock cone.
  22. Nigel J. Cardozo

Pretty Good Test Thread

Tested okay
  23. Gordon Dry

After 6 months hiatus: As many mod devs decided to always release backports for at least two earlier versions I'm a little disappointed that the last 3 versions of KIS only support KSP 1.7 (Using KSP 1.6.1 because RO/RSS).
  24. Nigel J. Cardozo

KSP Loading... Breaking Ground: Axis Groups

Coooooool!!!!! (Dabs)
  25. it took a long time to do, here are some pics of the build process: (mainly it was just my experience with building replicas and an obsession with this plane)
  26. ErinBensen

X-30 Question

Thanks, but this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_X-30 mentions it’s one engine being a scramjet. Even if it got up to space just on the scramjet, it would still need some sort of OMS to get to circularize its orbit
  27. Scotius

X-30 Question

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylon_(spacecraft) Depends on the type of air-breathing engine
  1. Load more activity