All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. i was a lot more excited about this than the eclipse. but i havent had a good look at the sky in weeks. so im not exactly sure how to find it. i guess just look for the giant dot in the sky.
  3. Did more test on this, the engine is occluded as it supposed to be, but the fuselage cannot be occluded whether I put it ahead or after the airliner wing.
  4. Based on the smooth, symmetric, and sharp geometry of their statuette, I would doubt that they were able to define the age of ceramics, and that it's older than 1922 when it was revealed to public. On Mellaart et al.: https://www-gazeta-ru.translate.goog/science/2018/03/13_a_11680993.shtml?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ru&_x_tr_pto=wapp Nobody argues. That hulk needs this food more, unless you can prove to him the opposite. If a just-made backup bow is laying on somebody's bed, it's obviously common, as he went hunting without it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girolamo_Savonarola Still prefer the perfectly righteous man to rule and judge you? Here you go.
  5. Okay, first of all that video is over 10 months old. Long before most of the patches and FS! And second, it's not just a game made ten years ago. It's a game men ten years ago that's also had 10 years of optimization and improvement. If KSP 2 is not better by 2029, then you can come back to this and dunk on me all you want but until then, I'm waiting. I have sent at least 30-ish vessels to every planet and moon and the game still runs fine with me. I can personally see everything fine. But I do agree with you that the UI could be a little crisper or smoothed but that should not be a priority in my opinion.
  6. I correctly guessed the next part you were making so you put a nod to my old username (Hatattack) in the description. Thought it might be better if it made sense 3 years on lmao
  7. regolith removal will be essential for most moon bases. i imagine giant leaf blowers being used. but since there is no air, you will need a rocket or some other compressed gas source. then you will have issue with low gravity, so you will need to steak everything down during operation. the reverse vacuum cleaner approach, where you use a gas stream to blow dust into machinery that can remove it mechanically. of course its going to eat that machinery alive. best approach ive seen is a rover with a giant magnifying glass that will slowly glassily the surface into bricks, which you can later use in construction or as rad shielding. you could do the same with lasers i guess, much faster, if you have the power. or just get a bunch of guys in space suits with shovels to scoop it into your lunar regolith 3d printer. i imagine a system of interlocking bricks with perforations that allow cables to be passed through. you can then form brick rings, and tighten the cables. these could be interlocked in sections and capped off with other printed elements. cinch all the cables to be as air tight as possible, then coat the interior with resin, and perhaps glass fiber made form regolith (think cotton candy machine from hell).
  8. THAT Where are the technical dev blogs. Where are the REAL AMA where questions about limitation & strategy are discussed. Where are the reddit AMAs & in depth talks about the "Wheel". So nothing regarding planned content? Start publishing the dev diaries from "For Science" Us those notes with a few water cooler questions / emails to generate an in depth dev blog on decisions behind tech tree groupings. The lack of substance is what sucks and lends me to the thought.. many decisions like tech tree ended up being ad hoc or arbitrarily assigned. When you see people talk about the negative aspects of the UI you see specifics.. Maneuver Tool, Camera Eccentricities, GUI elements blocked / hidden beyond other objects, poor click-through priority assignment, inability to maneuver in another SOI When people express a foundness for the new UI.. it's often "I like it" or "it's better than KSP1" The graphics are better. A new coat of paint.. but I dislike the UI intensely. Font Part Manager Staging Window Interaction Maneuver Tool Camera Controls Ship Save (Filters or Options for Structure) Could you please express the parts of the UI that you enjoy more? I like the stock app tray I like tracking station Aside I don't much like the UI
  9. That's totally fine. Then let's all hope for the best when it comes to gameplay on KSP 2
  10. you just need to bring chemicals that have a highly exothermic reaction when combined with the alien atmosphere. we can call this fuel. eg for gas giants, its probably going to be oxygen you bring. it might not even be fire in the earthly sense though. not sure what kind of exothermic reactions you can cause with co2 atmos though. ive seem more than one video about ammonia engines.
  11. ducted fans are well tuned systems which can be well optimized. but that optimization usually comes at the cost of a vary narrow operational envelope. laminar flow wings have a similar problem. fan design in general is a deceptively complex problem.
  12. they react to any kind of food packaging that cat food/treats/nip are packed in. bags, cans, pull taps, those little zipper pouches. sometimes i open a bag of chips and then the cats guilt trip me for not giving them any treats. i usually either give in and get them some treats or, if i dont have any, hide from them because i dont want to see their sad eyes while i eat my chips.
  13. my mom desperately wants to move, but that's a lot of expense and effort and i will have to throw away a third of my stuff to stand a chance of affording the logistics. its mostly junk really, parts for projects im either working on or i thought it might be useful somewhere down the line. moving would be hard on everyone, mom the cats. another small town just getting furniture will be a nightmare going without a chair for a week while amazon drags its knuckles is not my idea of fun, and mom cant even get off the floor without a call to the fire department. and i would have to deal with moving all our possessions without funds, vehicles, or the ability to make friends with strangers. when i ask why its always something like "the people here hate me" but i dont see it. they paid for two of her mobility scooters, they always ask how she is doing. maybe if she left the house more she would interact with them more. her own sour and entitled behavior probably is part of why no one comes to visit. moving isnt going to change that. wherever you go there you are. it goes beyond simple wanderlust. i figure the woman 2 doors down is the other side of that. running from something inescapable to something ambiguous and undefined. and my mom's own behavior is similar. we moved so many times growing up i never developed relationships. all because of some mental pathology that makes one run away from everything they know. someone ought to write a paper on this.
  14. And, all of this loops us round to the actual question... What happened to increased communication? It's obvious that passion on both sides ( consumer & developer) has faded to a great degree, the forums are just reciprocal arguments about things being said since day 1... Discord is barely KSP2 related anymore and is just general space chat, kapybaras or the same looking craft, over and over again. For Science obviously hasn't lit the fires for the masses, if it did then it certainly hasn't shown any kind of longevity or purpose at this stage. Then we had colonies hailed as the thing that will bring the game into real focus, though, with the caveat of resources being the actual key to it all so not to expect anything until that drops... Which comes after interstellar. At the current update cadence we find ourselves with, I'm honestly not seeing how we get to it seeing as it is barely running (in my opinion, of course) with what we have available now. I'm not sure what news to expect on Friday but I honestly don't think it's going to be directly game related, with the amount of time between actual news and the recent layoff speculation, I think there will be news in relation to that and further reduction in the development cycle. I'm of the opinion that they had the heads up a few months back and thats when the studio went on their break and came back to weeks of 'sprint planning' with a great plan to engage the community (according to dakotas list of work they had been doing) that they, once again, failed to follow through on... Then it was a "tidying up the calendar" issue... It just reeks of a deeper issue going on behind the scenes. We will find out tomorrow regardless... Again, I hope I am wrong and that real work amd improvement have been made beind the scenes that we will all be genuinely pleased by and will propel the game forward... Past track record would disagree with this though imo.
  15. I think he meant aesthetics. You can have monospaced fonts that are crisp and readable. I like the new "feel", but it's useless until it gets the crispness...
  16. Today
  17. Don't worry, there's most likely plenty of time!
  18. Gotta agree to disagree then, that was a painful read. Whilst you're free to like what you like, I fail to agree on any of the things you like, and some other things are plainly not a matter of personal opinion, like not being able to read the fonts on the UI, or loading times, or "potential" and so on. For loading times, on a new and clean game, the loading speed difference between KSP1 and 2 is minimal. Sure, the initial load is faster, but at the end of the day, a game made 10 years ago loads a whole *checks notes* 15 seconds slower from startup to flight. And that's with KSP2 still being in its incomplete infancy. Potential does not define a foundation. Foundation is a word reserved for how well the codebase and the game systems are put together. If "what I believe this game can be" was a metric, then every game in development has infinite potential and thus the strongest foundation. That's just not how it works. In reality KSP2 has the same engine as the prequel, the same middleware for some features, but a much heavier save system, and also a much heavier inactive-vessel simulation. KSP2 will be thwarted by that in the future. It also still builds and saves vessels as a tree, it still calculates fuel flow mostly the same way (something something "inspiration" from the code of the previous game), it still handles the atmosphere like the previous game, but thanks to that passive simulation and bad saving system, vessels popping into range still kill your game, orbits change randomly, and the game grinds to a halt with vessels and partcounts much faster than the prequel, to the point systems (like heating) have to be "streamlined", and part-counts have to be hammered down with new, revolutionary "all in one" science modules, station modules, and in the future colony modules too... or having the logistics layer be abstracted to numbers instead of seeing your vessels come and go. Right now, saves are just a couple vessels for 99% of players, let alone making any vessel in the hundreds of parts for maybe the last couple missions, and most people play serially too (fully complete one mission before launching the next). So really, KSP2s limits haven't yet applied to most people and thus it's no wonder they really think the game is better off. When colonies and interstellar arrive, along with more resources to keep track of... it's gonna be a mess, yet devs refuse to address it and have let the bug report sit unattended, and only mentioned the problem once in the K.E.R.B. and that's... the opposite of potential. So yeah, you might slowly start to realize why people who talk highly of the foundation, potential, and what not don't seem completely grounded in reality to me, and why the lack of proper technical talk in devblogs is worrying. I don't care at all for how they failed to replicate eclipses, or how they had to tesselate a line to draw a circle, I care to know why we're still stuck on something as primitive as tree based vessels, and how they plan to deal with high part counts, or even something as basic as what their target is.
  19. 0,6M I presume is 0,6 Mach, but I'd expect m/s to be the expected unit, which gives us 24,75, so we're at least in the ballpark. Also, he just might have borked the math.
  20. You'll have to forgive me, 3 years ago, context? Take a ride in Dante's Bealeferno.
  21. B13 went to the Massey site for cryo testing.
  22. I was using "pre-state" to mean tribal or other smaller groupings of humans. The specific label doesn't matter. This is a term Pinker has used. Bottom line is I'm talking smaller units (largely kin based) where I think different rules apply. Regardless, peoples here were stone age. For the science fiction novel, interesting to explore I would have to assume that there's some sort of social contract where you have to at least try to do something useful, at which point disease/accident is a hardship the society copes with. I'm thinking more like people who have never contributed anything useful to society. I can drive through parts of ABQ in the middle of the day and see many such people. For trained, but useless people... politicians fit the bill .
  23. Then you and I will have to agree to disagree. The core gameplay loop is the primary focus for what I look for in a game. If that's broken, then no amount of polished visuals or music will make up for that. It doesn't matter how pretty the game is; if I find it unplayable or, in the case of KSP2, broken and difficult to play, then I won't play it. The gameplay loop has to come first; everything else is window dressing.
  1. Load more activity