All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wanted to do a little bump / reminder that there's going to be another Titan dev stream tomorrow (essentially ending a 2-week real life induced hiatus) starting at around 9 AM Eastern time. We'll see how much more we can get done.
  3. panarchist

[1.3] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

Plugging Pathfinder in the MKS thread (or vice-versa) is kind of like plugging Pepsi in a Coca-Cola ad. ;-) Regarding comments further up, if I ever learn how to do IVAs, I would totally try to make some for MKS - just because I love IVAs. And since I am in here being semi-snarky anyway, I'd like to say in all seriousness, thanks, RoverDude for continuing to enhance and support such a great mod - looking forward to seeing what other enhancements you come up with more it. Thanks for sharing it with us, and all the hard work.
  4. GitHub wiki has been populated, and all of the info for other modders previously found in thread OP has now been moved there instead.
  5. Geonovast

SpaceX Discussion Thread

I didn't care too much when it was 4 am on a Friday. I don't care about being a zombie at work on a Friday. Tuesday though? No thanks.
  6. cubinator

SpaceX Discussion Thread

There's going to be a plastic flamingo sometime soon.
  7. There are a lot of tanks, you need to be very specific what tank so I can try to replicate it.
  8. Well, the sun rotates around at a rate of 1/month, which is really inconvenient given it'll appear to be spinning very slowly around the horizon to a moon base near the poles. So that means your solar panels would both need to be nearly vertical, and also either rotate to face the sun (= complex and heavy), or be only 1/pi (30%-ish) efficient at collecting light, let alone converting. And you'd also need days worth of maintenance batteries for whenever you do wind up in shadow if your base isn't literally on a small mountain at the exact pole. The upside is, solar panels can be made very easily in the lunar environment by simply evaporating small amounts of solar panel materials and allowing them to condense on prepared surfaces, but preparing enough large areas of flat, smooth slanted ground for say a small testbed 100kW ISRU operation would be hard. Meanwhile, Earth-based lasers could (maybe) have orders of magnitude higher irradiance while being mostly stationary in the sky. So, that's the reasoning behind thinking along this silly line of thought. Given these benefits, what would it take to make it happen? Edit: Just to be clear, I suspect the 1MW death lasers required to make this happen will be entirely impractical, which is why I posed the question here. But from the Moon base's perspective, I believe it would be easier than collecting sunlight. I guess, when it comes down to it, I really want an excuse to shoot high power lasers at the moon. To this end, I can consider burning holes in the sky only a positive thing, Kerbiloid!
  9. Twogoodsoul

Weird Facial Expression Glitch.

Alright, so. I was landing on Duna. Until Jeb's face just started freaking out. Not that where the face is just a jumbled mess, but Jeb was getting constantly scared and happy at the same time, This became more noticeable when I landed. If anyone knows what's going on please leave a comment Plus, his head started to twitch. (No, this did not affect the game, It was just only Jeb's facial expressions getting weird)
  10. These binaries are known to work from 1.2.2 to 1.7, no recompiling needed.
  11. I had a bit difficulty understanding the image, but I think I get it now. I would probably get a 3d print first if I where you, to see if it works out before getting a milled piece, my guess is that it will be hideously expensive. Have you considered a 120 mm ball if space is a problem? My experience is that things always ending up taking a bit more space than you plan on a drawing.
  12. CommunistBilly

Modded ksp keeps crashing during load

thank you very much
  13. purpleivan

Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation

I think they're pronounced It Ats... it's a silent K
  14. And that's the tail end of the log file? The very last thing it says? Hmmm, if that's the case, then it's not providing anything helpful that I can see. It may be that one of your mods has some particular problem, and is bringing KSP down with it. In that case, you need to figure out which one it is. That's a bit tedious, but not too onerous. What you do is this: Try uninstalling half your mods (doesn't matter which ones) and then running. Whether it starts or not will tell you which half of your mods the problem lies in. You've narrowed it down to 20 possible mods instead of 40. Now take the "guilty" half, and run with half of those installed. Same deal, this now cuts the pool down to 10 possibles. Repeat a few more times and you've isolated it to the one mod that's causing the problem. Once you know which mod it is, then you can go to that mod's release thread to ask about the problem-- that's where the experts hang out and you have the best chance of getting an answer.
  15. Probably, the manufacturers.of batteries for the mice.
  16. RizzoTheRat

What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

I fitted my wifes bike with fuel injection (trying to work out its starting problem, pretty sure it's the fuel pump now)
  17. Update for 1.7.0 Not to sure on how CKAN does updates, I'll look into it later, but for now if you want [x] Science! then you can download from git for now
  18. CommunistBilly

[LOG 19:58:35.052] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'HLV.BowTank' [LOG 19:58:35.170] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Moonprint/HLV2/CARGO/AFT/HLVCargoAft/HLV2_AFT_Cargo_container' [LOG 19:58:35.188] PartLoader: Part 'Moonprint/HLV2/CARGO/AFT/HLVCargoAft/HLV2_AFT_Cargo_container' has no database record. Creating. [LOG 19:58:35.190] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'HLV2.AFT.Cargo.container' [LOG 19:58:35.309] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Moonprint/HLV2/CARGO/BOW/HLVCargoBow/HLV2_BOW_Cargo_container' [LOG 19:58:35.326] PartLoader: Part 'Moonprint/HLV2/CARGO/BOW/HLVCargoBow/HLV2_BOW_Cargo_container' has no database record. Creating. [LOG 19:58:35.329] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'HLV2.BOW.Cargo.container'
  19. i take a less is more attitude to the modern internet. social media is seen as a panacea to all your website's traffic issues so when websites make a bunch of demands on me i simply tend to not use them. "follow us on facebook" "login with google" "turn off your adblocker". and phone culture as certainly made a lot of websites unreadable on my huge 4k display (im too old to squint). when articles use literally the center band of 800 pixels and try to cram everything in there including navigation links, social media icons, and ads (at least the ones that get through the adblocker) getting in the way of content, while you got all this empty space on either side that you could move some of that crap to. and all the unnecessary scrolling, and who ever invented infinite scroll pages should be shot in the gut, both kneecaps and hung (in lynchmob fashion). when i took webdev class all this stuff was in the part about bad design choices. of course when i took that class it was all html with very little scripting and none of this bs. you know back when the internet was fast, that golden age between broadband and web 2.0.
  20. In that case, it doesn't sound to me like you're catastrophically running out of RAM. What does the log file say?
  21. Here is the log: https://file.io/d8uY6C
  22. Fraston

Highest Reply Rate Per Minute Challenge!

So basically you are trying to have 6000 replies in 1.6 months like the number war 2?
  23. Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation

OMG yes! Along with Kershey bars and (eesh how do I Kerbalize Kit Kats?)
  24. CommunistBilly

I have + - 40 mods,its using 8000mb of RAM and my RAM usage was sitting at 83% usage
  25. winnermah

[1.6.1] Graphics Enhancements Assembly (GEA)

I just noticed that the scatterer menu at start is gone... Is it a glitch or was removed?
  26. Nuke

Elon Musk Tweets

hey elon, leave the happy grass alone.
  1. Load more activity