All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. linuxgurugamer

[1.3.*, 1.4.*, 1.5.*] Better Science Labs Continued

Good to know, I'll be reviewing the perl script and including it soon. I'll also remove the bash script to avoid confusion Please try this, replace the entire BSL directory, and run the script, let me know how it goes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4se1h7wntkztc76/BSL-beta.zip?dl=0
  3. HTP is actually real easy to produce with the Anthraquinone process (in the ISRO Fabricator) with a source of hydrogen gas and source of oxygen gas. Alternatively, you use the stock ISRU converter to produce Oxidizer from Ore and convert it into HTP using the IFS Cryotank Oxidizer to HTP converter.
  4. Nikolai

Recovering Snoopy

I think so, but I also think that it's possible that it will create more difficulties than it solves; neither Snoopy nor the retrieval craft can be considered a fixed platform. I'd love to see a real in-depth analysis of what it would take to make this work, though.
  5. Most of what you bring up, you keep saying "I don't think DX12 is needed..." DX12 support would GREATLY improve performance as the way the programming makes the system more fluid and reduces the demands of the CPU and places more graphics onto the GPU. Thus, not only would the game look better, it would run better. You could have more parts. The crux of my points was features I want to see in KSP 2.0. A better graphics engine, better performance, and a more immersive gameplay. While mods and such can replicate much of my requests, due to the game engine limits and using DX9 limits the extent that Kerbal manage. Period. https://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/directx-12-what-is-it-and-why-it-matters-to-pc-gamers-1318636 That should cover the DX discussion if you have any questions. Thus, they need to overhaul the entire game engine, and that's not a light undertaking, and while their at it, they can make some changes
  6. linuxgurugamer

[1.3.*, 1.4.*, 1.5.*] Better Science Labs Continued

@winterchillz I dont' run USI Life Support, if the issue you have is with that, please ask for help in the USI forum. Also see @COL.R.Neville's post above, it might be helpful
  7. Flibble

What did you do in KSP today?

Val and Bob took the photography plane up today. They gathered some useful science, but unfortunately most of it was lost in a rather poor landing. Still any landing you can walk away from... They both promptly went on leave after being debriefed, which may or may not be related.
  8. RocketSquid

Off-kerbin hiring

Sorry, I worded the first post pretty poorly. I was wondering if there’s a way to have kerbals spawn somewhere besides kerbin, other than rescue contracts.
  9. kerbiloid

Ask a stupid question, Get a stupid answer back.

Pluto. Still hurts from 40 AU distance. Will the Martian Vikings reveal the Spirit from Curiosity on Opportunity.
  10. linuxgurugamer

A.P.U.S. Aerospace Passenger and Utility System

If anyone is interested here is a link (valid for 30 days from May 22) to the online AutoDesk viewer showing the FBX file listed above. https://bit.ly/2wcIQG7
  11. linuxgurugamer

[1.1.2] Orbital Utility Vehicle v1.2.4

What are the differences between what you did and what @Starwaster did ? I was thinking of including this in a small pack of mods that make sense together , along the lines of SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts, but if you are going to do anything, then I won't include this. Otherwise, I'd appreciate seeing any changes that you made
  12. Mikenike

Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

This isn't really a good question, but how many forum users view the challenges a week?
  13. linuxgurugamer

[1.4.x] NovaPunch Rebalanced - Out of Beta

New release, 0.1.6.6 Fixed agent Silisko (thanks to @COL.R.Neville for pointing it out)
  14. dnbattley

Precision Booster Landing Challenge

Does landing in a single take (i.e. with no quickloading such that the "revert to assembly" option remains available) - as well as no Trajectories mod - offer any special score bonus?
  15. KerikBalm

The Korolev Crunch.

^This^ Aerodynamic separation forces are super reliable, they are often what cause the crunch to start with, so a solution to the crunch is to alter the aerodynamic forces. Of course, sepratrons can be cool too... but 1-2 basic fins are super cheap and lightweight.
  16. I only used nitrogen. This was before the normal zpinch was changed to be ineffective in the atmosphere. Here is the craft file I used. It worked and handled well enough go to and from Kerbin, Even, Duna, and the Jool systems (including Tylo with some fancy takeoff) https://kerbalx.com/the-jxjvrq/Zpinch-Plane-34 It has a single trialpha reactor and a folding warp drive (I'm not sure if a small drive is any better?). It was a bit underpowered because I couldn't seem to start warp very fast or as often as I would like. But I could land it fairly easliy everywhere. ISRU, the only thing I at thus point had understood was using a refrigerator for nitrogen. I don't know how to make HTP nor do I know much how to refuel it on airless planets. ---- I've tried to modify this to include the positron reactor, thermal nozzle (I've tried the Krusader and the thermal turbojet), singularity reactor (which I've edited the part file to allow scaling below 5m to fit without being abnormally large) to create positrons, as well as a MHD generator to generate power from the positron reactor (didn't work because of overheating when I try to do much of anything but use the thermal nozzles). Likewise in the above attempts I've tried to include the positron creator part (without the singularity reactor), even to the point of editing the part file so that it has a net gain of positrons when used with the MHD generator, but still this doesn't accomplish what I want because of overheating when I charge warp.
  17. Mikenike

Kill kerbal

Fractal, yes, I was testing an "ejection" sequence and I got Jebs parachute open, he impacted the ground at 20.4 m/s.
  18. Today
  19. i am so excited about APU!
  20. Mikenike

Help me with Boats Please

I currently am, but wanted to see some round trip designs to help inspire me.
  21. Weird what propellant did you use with the Zpinch? Ideally, use should use at least 2 propellants, one for atmospheric use and one for space. The Z-Pinch Airospike can additionaly use atmosphere for durring low atmosphere flight , switch to HTP to boost itself into orbit and then use a Mono Atomic propellant for Space orbital manouvers.
  22. linuxgurugamer

A.P.U.S. Aerospace Passenger and Utility System

For some reason, I thought they were bigger, he says that they are capable of carrying 1.875m parts, so it's bigger than that, but not much
  23. COL.R.Neville

[1.1.2] Orbital Utility Vehicle v1.2.4

for textures ive always just used dds4ksp. you just have to be careful with the png's since you can wipe out all your toolbar icons if you arent careful. another thing is I'm not really a blender guy but ive found that the list of textures a model is looking for is at the bottom of the .mu files. Seems like lots of people seem firespitter averse i like it kinda easy to work with and since its all over usi i figure its one thing that will be kept up to date. But i am just usually switching textures and thats it. If you are trying to switch models and textures I can see using b9 instead. like for this i would strip out all the scan sat stuff, kis/kas stuff. get the command pod itself sorted. then take everything back to 143 create a craft and reattach any kis/kas stuff you want on it and weld it. just be careful with the back hatch. then bring the welded definition back to 170. sorta like doing a frame off restoration. thats usually what i do with stuff like this.
  24. I am having this exaxct same issue... With this mod installed, my Pea pod just falls off of my rockets on the launch pad. I too have the Making History DLC installed.
  25. lajoswinkler

What ya'll prefer, casual ksp, or realistic ksp.

Hm, I prefer more realism, but not hardcore realism. From 0 to 10 linear scale, where 0 is some goofy 2D smartphone "game" that respects no physics, and 10 was a nitpicking hardcore scientific simulation that requires actual paperwork, teamwork with professionals and time to plan an insanely large number of variables, current stock KSP is at... 3? Too many things are simplistic. With Kerbalism mod I'd say it climbs to 5. I like it that way. With Realism overhaul pack of mods with all the recommendations, where engines can't be turned on more than n times, and they have limited throttle modes, where Principia makes the orbits so much more complicated, etc. that is like 6. Too much for me.
  26. Fraston

Rate the profile banner of the user above you!

It's actually photoshop, if I were using MS paint I would a traitor to my OS! 7/9 self-contained eclipse
  27. When building an SSTO what is important is that you want a vessel with both strong atmosphere launch capability and high isp vacuum capability. Keep in mind that we want to minimize excess mass as much possible and avoid duplicate power systems that end up as dead weight. In general we can make a distinction between SSTO that take off as a plane and speed up in high atmosphere and those that justblow themself into orbit after which you maximise isp or use a secondary high isp engine. I prefer to call the later ones SSTS (Single Stage To Space). SSTS should be equiped with grid fins at the top to allow landing in reverse spaceX style. Although SSTO have higher deltaV requirements to get into space, they don't have to be super streamlined as they don't have to reach super high velovities. Early one on of the ideal engine for SSTS would be a Nuclear Lightbulb, using a dense propellant for launch and hydrogen for space AND LANDING. Notice the last Update has added a feature which allows you to increase the fuel flow rate (at the expense of isp) allowing the Lightbulb up to increase it thrust by 5 times. A neat trick to make SSTS easier is to make use of IFS wrap drop tanks. wrap drop tank are tanks specifically designed to wrap around main fuel tanks, which will can be dropped during launch. Although they technically make your vessel have stages, since you don't throw your expansive engine away, it doesn't really count in my view.
  1. Load more activity