All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. For the past week, I've been playing Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. It's a fighter jet arcade-style game that isn't a simulator like DCS but still extremely fun! In the Ace Combat universe, Earth has different continents and countries, including the Osean Federation and the Kingdom of Erusea. Twenty years before the events of AC7, an asteroid named Ulysses 1994XF04 was on collision course with the planet. In response, several countries built massive superweapons like railguns to snipe the asteroid out of the sky, but the asteroid fragments made planetfall anyway (maybe that wasn't the smartest move). This in turn led to several large conflicts, each with their own AC game. But Ace Combat 7 takes place in the Lighthouse War, where [Spoilers]. The player is an Osean Air Defense Force pilot named "Trigger". Long story short, after flying with a regular squadron for four missions, you are [Spoilers]. The game is a ton of fun, and I've never been this involved in a campaign and never been so pumped up by gameplay for a long time. And yes, I chose the F/A-18E as my aircraft.
  3. Its not KSP2 or Unity specific, its physics specific. You can't really do parallel physics calculations, since you need the results of the last physics frame to start computing the future physics frames. In theory, you can parallelize calculations for groups of entities that are guaranteed to not interact in a frame, but in practice doing that without a bajillion bugs is near impossible. Best you get is KSP's attempts to on-rails stuff with predictable outcomes. So while its inaccurate to say KSP2 is single-threaded, KSP2 is only able to effectively utilize a single thread for what is probably the overwhelmingly most expensive part of its CPU work.
  4. It seems the configs haven't been updated since BDB 1.8. Are there large difference btw 1.8 and 1.13 that would crash my game?
  5. Looks like this is a discussion of the game's physics? Moved to the Science sub.
  6. Just discovered this same thing myself. 3x astelets. Nope, now there's 4... How very dreslicious!
  7. Floor 4745: a neon sign saying: Welcome to Floor 4745 on the page of new numbered 187. 231004192024
  8. Daniel Clement Dennett III (March 28, 1942 – April 19, 2024) was an American philosopher, writer, and cognitive scientist whose research centered on the philosophy of mind, philosophy of science, and philosophy of biology, particularly as those fields relate to evolutionary biology and cognitive science. 230704192024
  9. Today
  10. banned to cheese and beyond 224404192024
  11. Is this based on actual knowledge of KSP2 specifically? Unity games are perfectly capable of leveraging multiple threads just as nearly any other engine when designed as such. Can you elaborate on the KSP2 design of their threading approach as to why it's an issue?
  12. UNITED LAUNCH ALLIANCE PRESS RELEASE (2024-04-19) UPDATE: Standing down from tonight's Delta IV Heavy (DV-011) / Zarya Launch Attempt As of 11:00 PM EST, the ULA Launch Team is standing down from tonight's launch attempt due to a violation of the launch criteria and the expiration of today's launch window, with the team working a few faults related to ground infrastructure at Space Launch Complex 37B. The team is putting into effect what is a 24-Hour Recycle, with the new Launch date being March 20th, 2024. The new launch window will open at approximately 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time and close at 11:00 PM on the 20th. Please stay tuned for continuing coverage and updates about Delta IV DV-011's Launch Campaign with the first element of the International Space Station aboard! (Last Updated 11:20 PM 04/19/2024) (As always, this is a work of fiction.)
  13. Any place humans live off Earth (at least in this solar system) is a 100% built environment. Under the assumption 0.38g is not deleterious, the only way to get a colony going is to simply build it. Improvements in robotics will at least help this along. Have an outpost, then send supplies and the robots build out infrastructure.
  14. In KSP 2, there is a sample-grabbing arm that can let you take surface samples without the need for crew.
  15. I've just figured out it was just some sort of conflict between KSS2 and Kcalbeloh. Just asking, could you move this to the modded troubleshooting area? (I don't know how to)
  16. It will happen. Not as a dedicated Colony; that would be miserable. But someone will start a science outpost, ala Antarctica, then there will be a few, then some people will stay past a transfer or two and decades later (presuming they find something worth doing there) there will be a permanent outpost. Given enough time? It will look like a colony. (It took decades for the Virginia Colony to get going - and that wasn't a particularly inhospitable place)
  17. Not sure it's the diagrams you're thinking of, but there are several diagrams for resource recipes in the wiki which is linked from the opening post of this thread.
  18. @stephensmat maybe it’s all in my head, but after using Windows’ “MKLINK” command to route that folder from my C: (SATA SSD) to a higher-performance NVMe SSD, I feel like saving and loading is a fair bit snappier (but that maybe had to do with not-KSP2-processes unavoidably running at the same time, like Backblaze automatic backups)
  19. Much Obliged. Turned out I had almost 800 quicksaves stored up in that campaign. Workspaces are there too. Means when i start a new campaign for Colonies, I can bring my already tested craft over with me.
  20. from what i test ksp 2 uses 6 cores 12 threads for me could be pinging back and forth or whatever but.
  21. Assuming Windows: C:\Users\(you)\appdata\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\ And you have to go to “great lengths” to force it off of C:\ if you happen to have an even higher-performance drive devoted to games
  22. I've been noticing a framedrop when I quickload. It would make sense if it was this, since quicksaves and autosaves are all included in the list. Must be hundreds of them by now. Anyone know where the saves are located in the file manager? It'd be a hell of a lot faster than going through the menu and deleting them one by one.
  23. Yesterday
  1. Load more activity