All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I've ran into issues with the mod too after updating to 1.7. When I tried to load some saved bases I had built in the SPH using KPBS parts, while that base was loading got errors that some of those parts were missing and sure enough, when the base loaded, some parts were missing from it. So for me to get those bases like they were when I built them, I'm going to have to wait for this mod to update. Got a couple of other mods that also not playing nice but all this is to be expected every time KSP updates when you are running mods.
  3. FleshJeb

What did you do in KSP today?

Drag is proportional to density, and water is ~1000x as dense as air, so you're absolutely correct. I strongly recommend hydrofoils. 3 to 5 degrees angle of incidence on the foils seems to be around optimal (just like planes), and 5 to 15 degrees of dihedral. I try to the smallest amount of wing and thrust I can--Enough to barely get the craft up onto the foils when fully fueled and loaded. Otherwise, you can easily end up with an accidental plane. Balancing your lift can be a real challenge, because you're designing a craft that's operating in two different "worlds" at the same time. There's a lot of trial and error involved with hydrofoils, even if you're using RCS Build Aid, CorrectCoL, and Editor Extensions. Vessel Mover can speed the design process by getting you to the water faster for your testing iterations. My best results have come from designing the craft to be passively stable, driving without SAS, and using only trim to keep the nose pointed at the horizon. I have a very solid hydrofoil I can PM you if you'd like something to test out.
  4. Yeah, this is totally not working. I get nothing but errors, when trying to import a craft.
  5. linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1+, 1.6+] StageRecovery - Recover Funds+ from Dropped Stages

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay8vvshe4zmqwj5/DebugSR.zip?dl=0 I must have been very tired last night :-) Yup
  6. I can wait , meanwhile i'll stick your engines on well everything
  7. YNM

Notre Dame on Fire

Yeah, because it makes no sense today. Only 900 m away. https://goo.gl/maps/Ss7t3CvsaFa6rFBH7 https://goo.gl/maps/AE8bnfp7bf3x1PE47 https://goo.gl/maps/TCuBJX7oBvW6cLH89 Survived 850 years since building started.
  8. p1t1o

Best Quotes Ever

I heard that. Its usually an extension lead.
  9. Unfortunately it is a very common problem as mentioned by everyone above. There's definitively a fix/workaround for most of the causes, if you don't mind posting your craft file I can have a look at it.
  10. FahmiRBLXian

KSP's Vending Machine

Receives the insertee since he's annoyed to be in the hot, dark, damp and narrow space. Inserts SIM Card.
  11. fulgur

What did you do in KSP today?

Made a space station with USI Life Support. Enjoying Navball Docking Alignment Indicator a lot! (Much simpler than the non navball version).
  12. KerbolExplorer

Don't Click This

QuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuackQuack....QUACK!
  13. p1t1o

Notre Dame on Fire

You say that, but its apparently the building has been crumbling for a long time and restoration work delayed due to socio-political manouvering. It is going to cause a kerfuffle in the aftermath for sure, when it comes down to blame and responsibility, once the contractors responsible for the site have been dealt with. **edit** (once I thought about it for a second, it might be crumbling but damn, its old)
  14. I can confirm that this works fine in 1.7, at least on my end.
  15. Today
  16. FleshJeb

Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

Not in 1.7. They got lowered to 15m/s.
  17. Nivee~

[1.x.x] Kerbal Hacks: Wearable KIS Props

Will it be alright if I make a few models for you to include in the mod pack? I want to be of help, if you wish it to be...
  18. I have been wondering how many people are still using Universal Storage 1 Space Dock download stats aren't always reliable so I figured a strawpoll was the easiest way to check. https://www.strawpoll.me/17838800
  19. Rudolf Meier

[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

You know why I didn't want to take over this mod? It's because of how it works. It makes everything much more stable, even if it's not very logic. For example, connecting two jumbo tanks with a tiny little cube-thing just in the middle will get enforced. I tried to look into this problem and to come up with a solution that is more realistic. But here you quickly get into the problem that you can only have 1 connection (that counts) from part to part and if you add e.g. 16 little structures that would support those tanks and would make it stable in reality (look at how russians build rockets... they often have those "open" parts between the stages) this would be ignored. And I'm not sure yet if this can be solved. But in case I could find a solution, I was planning to build a new mod... maybe it's the job for 2 mods... one that builds structural parts in the way struts are built and one that reinforces everything (or... not "reinforces" it, but "makes the joints as strong as they were intended to be without the flaws of the unity engine" ... ... something like that). ... but. Maybe someone has another idea what would be best. Those are just my thoughts on this problem.
  20. Messier

Need help with installing a mod.

You can't install it without EVE, otherwise it won't work.
  21. Paul Kingtiger

Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

I am wondering how many, if any, people are still using Universal Storage 1 SpaceDock download stats aren't always reliable so I've created a straw poll https://www.strawpoll.me/17838800
  22. Thats a weird cake and all, but hot damn thats impressive baking.
  23. I use the smallest stock radial decoupler. Works well!
  24. kerbiloid

Don't Click This

Quark. But as they usually don't walk alone, so: Quark. Quark.
  25. Paul Kingtiger

Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Someone did the RF configs for US1 for us and we added it in. Same story with Community Tech Tree and Modular Fuel tanks. I'd love to get more compatibility patches in UvSii, but a combination of limited available time and not being a user of some of the mods means it's probably best left to other people. I'm very happy to include them in the mod, with appropriate credit of course!
  26. KerikBalm

A few jet part suggestions

So... if it could be a mk3 part, then its basically just a mk3 bay with a slot in it? how is this different from an opened mk3 cargobay? I really don't think your suggestion is good for adding to the base game. Ummm, I haven't seen that... I have barely seen any multi engine goliath planes... but whatever, taking your example, you would get part count savings of 4-8 parts... Wow (sarcasm)... adding a new part (with model, memory usage, and clutter to menu) to save a few parts in very niche designs is not worth it IMO. Now bigger wings and rapiers on the other hand... those can result in part count savings of >20 (for either the wings, or the engines, > 40 for both)... sorry, but for me you've still failed to make your case for a larger goliath variant. Well, personally, I would like the goliath's thrust buffed a bit. Its a 2.5m engine, so its got 4x the cross section of a 1.25m engine, it should have at least 4x the thrust of the wheesley, IMO, but its only got 3x the thrust. So I'd increase its thrust and mass by a factor of 4/3. As for the other numbered points: I feel like 2 and 4 go together, and that is basically: liquid fuel only tanks for all cylindrical sizes. Airbreathing engines for sizes larger than 1.25m 6) Going mach 5 in the low atmosphere is supposed to be a problem, heat bars filling up part way is fine 7) you keep ignoring that we have this part: https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Communotron_16-S or this one: https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/RA-2_Relay_Antenna or the RA-15 or 100: none of these break from the wind. All you have to do is position them out of the heating shock cone, and their temperature resistance is high enough. You can place them in structural tubes or fairings, or service bays... Again you are suggesting solutions to problems that do not exist... I don't want the stock game cluttered up with stuff that adds nothing new/no benefit. Larger wings, LF fusalages, and (high speed) engines offer large part count improvements, the rest of your suggestions, I'd rather have left to a mod that I don't have to install.
  1. Load more activity