All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Stone Blue

Discussion re. renaming installation directories

If I am understanding you correctly, this would be *nice*, but highly impractical. Its not just a simple matter of renaming/rearranging the folders. *EVERY* part config, *every* patch, and *every* instance of a listed folder URL in a mod, or mods supporting other mods would have to be changed. Also, source code would have to be edited for every .dll that references a hard-coded URL. and then recompiled. Thats a TON of work... Its one thing if a mod dev does their own mod, but to wholesale implement this over *every* mod would be crazy. And if you mean each version of the mod have the mod version as part of the folder naming, that would require doing it all again every mod update... totally unrealistic.
  3. 4x4cheesecake

[1.5.*] ScienceAlert ReAlerted : Experiment availability

ScienceAlert is not installed properly. Get rid of everything in your GameData folder except for "Squad", "000_ClickThroughBlocker" and "001_ToolbarControl" folder.If the "MM_Configs"folder is your own, you can keep it as well (ModuleManager isn't installed so it will not cause issues for now anyway...). Then reinstall ScienceAlert so the .dll file is actually inside of the ScienceAlert folder and not directly within the GameData folder. Looks like you did it correct for the dependencies so just do the same with ScienceAlert Btw.: @linuxgurugamer is a huge supporter of CKAN and all of his mods are available there. You may want to try it to prevent issues like this in the future (You may have to set 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 to be compatible KSP versions to find the majority of mods, this can be done in the settings -> compatible ksp versions. Don't worry too much about 'old' mod versions, most of them still work fine.)
  4. kerbiloid

What do you think about 7 billion human game?

Very soon you will see that people are random NPC.
  5. Well I have 24GB but I play on a Mac, so... XD
  6. For those that maybe haven't seen it... https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/developerarticles.html/who-needs-a-level-runway-anyway-r204/
  7. I found a bug that was causing Kopernicus the throw NREs ..\GameData\KerbolOrigins\SarvinSystem\Sarvin\Sarvin.cfg: spawnGroupMinLimit & spawnGroupMaxLimit are not defined for the Asteroid node for Sarvin. When Kopernicus does its AsteroidUpdate function this causes an NRE as the values are undefined.
  8. Welp I forgot this forum existed. Oops. Well anyway I don't wanna return empty handed so I did the second challenge on this forum, the Mun and Minmus landing one.
  9. Gargamel

New space center facility?

I thin you mean 0-180, but I get your point. But I don't understand needing a N/S runway to do polar launches or recoveries. You can take off with your plane, heading east, then easily turn north, and then accelerate to orbit. And landing isn't the hard part of a polar orbit, it's landing in the right spot. On an equitorial orbit, you just have to wait till your in the right spot E/W to do your de orbit burn, and then you can correct a bit once you hit atmo to land on the runway. But on polar orbit, You have to wait for both your N/S position along your orbital path, but you also have to wait for the orbit to pass over the KSC, and these both have to happen at the same time. If you get these two things lined up, then turning a plane to land on the runway is trivial. I'm not saying I don't want a N/S runway, I think it would be cool, although for me, I think a 30/300 runway would be more aesthetically pleasing. I've just seen a few people (more than just you that I have quoted, @Aeroboi) saying it would be required to do polar launches, when it is not really even a factor.
  10. Welcome to the challenge Glad to hear you've enjoyed the mission but be warned, it is quiet addictive Your flight looks very controlled and while your shuttle seems to be a 'standard shuttle' in the first moment, it becomes quiet obvious that is it actually a bit unusual since you put some jet engines on it and used them during launch. Most people who got jet engines on the shuttle actually use them for landing. I like it Anyway, I still need a list of your installed mods so I can reward you with the appropriate badge (screenshot of your GameData folder would be fine as well)
  11. Teilnehmer

Laythe orbit using ions

Wow! Bradley Whistance got into Kerbin orbit with ion engines! I’ve never even considered this possible. The most exciting thing, however, is that the Kerbin orbit that was not enough Bradley!
  12. Aperture Science

Shower thoughts

You're free to continue, as I'm not imposing anything that would prevent you from speaking. I would, however, enjoy it if you would stop grasping for arguments - but in no way am I going to force you to.
  13. They do indeed still process in the background. If the editor is claiming indefinite it might be an issue. Do you add crew to the ship in the editor?
  14. One thing you never did was show how much momentum per Watt you get out of a photon, and compared that to an ion being flung into space. You need a unbelievably efficient process to begin to make sense. Why a laser? It seems that ordinary luminescence would be more efficient. You don't need to focus the light all that well, just enough to get going in the right direction. Is a laser needed to handle the concentration of energy in space? I understand most of the research was for lasers, but that doesn't mean that they make the best means for an engine. Blackbody radiation will be used regardless of the interstellar propulsion method. Also expect to eventually align your radiators perpendicular as speeds go relativistic (presumably half pointing each way) to travel, just to avoid the constant high-energy bombardment from interstellar hydrogen hitting your radiators.
  15. What will say the compatibility?
  16. I want to out-planet the Planet Suite. Holst's suite is great music, but focuses on the mythology for which the planets were named. Now that we know so much about the planets as actual worlds, I think we're in need of a true Solar System Suite. I have a list of celestial bodies I want to include which offer a diverse perspective on the solar system as it truly is. Do you think I'm missing any particularly unique objects within our solar system which deserve a spot? Here is my list: A note- this won't be finished for some time.
  17. SpaceplaneAddict

Waiter, theres a _____________ in my soup!

It is exactly what you wanted is it not? Waiter, there is a cripplingly sad state of mind in my soup
  18. I´m also confused, I don´t see where this link mentions the installing of the KSPAPIExtensions-master.zip
  19. roboslacker

The Deer (Game I'm making)

This'll be fun to play next halloween.
  20. Today
  21. Hey guys i'm kinda new here, but i have spent a fair amount of time in game. I find that most of what i do is, go to planet, get research rinse and repeat (If i'm not just going for a challenge). Now the fun part is that each planet is different, so figuring out how to get there, and what you want to get there with etc, is the fun part. But you get there essentially and you just do research and you send it back. Hopefully its a return mission so you at least get the joys of reentry. What i'm suggesting is resources, lots of different resources scattered over different planets with different rarities and the ability to use those resources in many different ways. To help you understand lets assume you can make supply runs to planets by collecting ore and sending it home. I make it sound simple but you assume you have to send the parts their to find the ore, then land the parts to mine the ore, after store it for transport. Finally safely get it back home. You make some money and a little science along the way. Also you should be able to fabricate land bases on other planets by means of fabrication. Use your resources to build a little base. Launch small rockets from the planet you are on, build rovers, do research on strange rocks you found etc. I just think this is a foundation upon which a lot of things can be built upon. Smaller things: A color palette (give us red, blue, green, etc for ships.) Make it so that the land facilities can calculate interception nodes. Maybe a slow kerba computer that makes calculations that aren't always the most accurate but can set up maneuvers from home just like in real life. An in game news paper, while in career mode it would be nice to read about your company in the paper and some other comical stuff that is happening in fictional kerbal society. A black hole. (O_o) Ok this one is big, but how fun would it be to see how close you can fly to a black hole......
  1. Load more activity