All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. linuxgurugamer

[1.3] WalkAbout v1.7.1 (17-07-2017)

It probably needs to be recompiled for 1.7, I believe that the KIS API changed. @Antipodes are you still around, and are you going to continue with this?
  3. Rudolf Meier

[WIP] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next

I'm a bit wondering why the old KJR should be better here... because (I did read the code for the decoupler reinforcement) it's the same code and it's in the same way ... let's say "suboptimal" ...
  4. kerbiloid

KSP Loading... Breaking Ground Robotics

Next challenge: an orbital rotovator. https://www.moonwards.com/rotovator_old.html https://www.moonwards.com/learn.html
  5. Hmmm... over long periods of time yes. But given that inertia has not been played with at all, it will take quite some time for that to make a difference, since a spaceship's heading will be already similar to the orbit of the planet it left. How else could it land upon it otherwise? Also so long you turn the anti-gravity field on and offf judiciously everything should be fine.
  6. Boyanski

[WIP] Infernal Robotics - Next

Infernal Robotics parts work in VAB/SPH but not on the launchpad. What is this?
  7. linuxgurugamer

[0.90] B9 Style Shuttle Wings V.1.3 (Updated at 01/10/2015)

Anyone who's following this thread, I'll be releasing an update for KSP 1.7 in the next day or so
  8. linuxgurugamer

Request for Notification of Broken Mods

How is this going, are you going to be continuing or not? No, I'm not thinking about implementing this, but would love to have it available
  9. HansonKerman

[1.7.x] electricpants's "Eh" System Rearrangement (V. 1.1)

Just a bit of a nitpick: Laythe is not habitable. If you look in the files for EVA reports, it shows that the air is not breathable (enough oxygen for jets but too much CO2 for Kerbals. So... no surprise that Laythe has no life. Some nice beaches tho!
  10. ZooNamedGames

NASA on the moon, info or intox ?

It's easy to say it's XYZ for us roundies when you don't know half of what their claims are using as evidence or their conclusions and how they got to them. Especially since just outright dismissing their claims solves nothing in the long run, neither for us or for them.
  11. What exactly isn`t working for you? If you install the newest dependencies it should work well with KSP 1.7. For instructions look several post above yours.
  12. Gordon Fecyk

[1.7 - 1.3] Eve Optimized Engines

It looks like the v2 Eve Optimized Engines are Module Manager patches only. When I did this with Explodium Engines, this broke Kerbal X craft uploads because it was treated as a 'partless' part mod and I couldn't tag the parts properly for Kerbal X to recognize the parts. I switched from Module Manager patches to full part configs to fix craft uploads to Kerbal X. I'm curious as to why you did the opposite.
  13. Spacescifi

FTL drive creation follows purpose of starship

Sorry my apologies, I will be sure to only mention creative scifi stuff that does not relate to known spaceflight here.
  14. Plus the fact earth itself moves on its course around the sun due to gravity means than a ship immune to gravity will have trouble tracking with the planet around the sun without applying constant thrust.
  15. hello please somonne for update this mod i love him but he don't work on the last vers of ksp verry ty in advens fot the dev god whit make this :)
  16. Today
  17. Angel-125's Heisenberg Airships has quite a few electric fan and prop engines:
  18. Kergarin

SpaceX Discussion Thread

Here is a little preview visualization of this. Please correct if I got something wrong.
  19. I wouldn't really call this a full graphic novel because it's pretty short, and it's my first one so it's probably not the best, but I still hope you all enjoy it! This will be the first part of a series taking place in the "Beyond Home" version of the Kerbol system. I was inspired to make this part specifically because of Tribute's in-game description, which is really great. Well, all the descriptions are great, really, as well as--actually, you know what, just play the darn mod, it's amazing. Here it is: Sorry about that typo on page 4, btw. I'll try to make as little of them as possible (Yes, English is my native language--I just suck at writing/typing it sometimes lol). Finally, some criticism would be nice--I want to know how I can make the future parts better, after all! (Credit to @Gameslinx for the amazing mod "Beyond Home"!)
  20. i know and i can do it right now but new design is so cool to me; If my request is difficult to work on can you tell me about difference between 1.4.5 and 1.7.0 parts? i'll try to make newest version fit with 1.4.5 myself if you allow it.
  21. Such

[1.3] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

See this (much) earlier post - you may be missing a file which can be copied over from the main Global Construction install (find it via its separate thread):
  22. Hotel26

Making Terrestrial Buildings Fly...

This is Eclipse and I've shared a link to the craft file [v1.6.1+]: It can be operated in any of 3 mission profiles: suborbital to descend into the target zone and then glide/fly to the target go to orbit, refuel and then de-orbit [my original plan , but actually,much more complicated than simple sub-orbital] go to orbit, refuel and then proceed to another planet/moon. When approaching a target on the surface of an atmospheric body (e.g. Kerbin), dive-bombing the target from pretty much above gives the best accuracy. You can also make a low, high-speed pass and swoop up, possibly tumbling deliberately to wash off speed and then pop the trunk and the chutes. If going to vacuum for good, the wings can be jettisoned either on the pad or at about 8 km, after which they don't serve so much purpose. KP9 disables the 3 aft Vector gimbals, which I found was useful for circularization. The craft file above is set up to drain the aft tanks first, so that you can jettison the tail engines, empennage, tanks and dead weight. For sub-orbital or re-entry, the fuel priorities of all tanks should be set identically, because you'll be keeping the empennage . To play with this machine, I was firing it vertically off the pad but pretty quickly turning north. (I use Atmospheric Autopilot a lot, so no guarantees about stability in all phases of flight.) Land one 100+ km somewhere north and mark it with a name such as "Eclipse target" so that you can select that particular one as target for subsequent flights. Then simply start throwing darts at that first target and practice landing as close as you can. My last try was a flukey 36.2 meters albeit with a structural failure ensuing at touchdown due to a new tank that had not been strutted. And, don't be surprised: it's built upside down. The rudders hang downward... Have fun and let me know how you get on and what improvements you might suggest!
  23. Tyr Anasazi

Dumpling range challenge

Ladies & gentlemen, you may have heard of the Global Hawk. Today I present to you Global Dumpling MK1. As its name suggests, this aircraft is capable of circumnavigating Kerbin, using the contents of a single dumpling fuel tank as its only source of energy. The circumference of Kerbin is 3,769.9 km. GD MK1 is the end result of the Light & Efficient Plane (LEP) program, which was undertaken in order to compete in the prestigious "Dumpling Range Challenge". It combines the raw efficiency of fuel cells, a lightweight yet powerful motor, and a low-drag, high altitude airframe design. GD MK1 has a burn time of 4 hours and 4 minutes. the first 10 minutes are spent gaining speed and height. At 12,350m altitude, GD MK1 cruises from 250 to 254m/s. By the time fuel is expended, GD MK1 travels just under 3600km. From there, it easily glides the remaining distance to touch down at KSC. GD MK1 is currently cruising on its proof-of-concept circumnavigation flight, with Valentina (who else) in the cockpit. GD MK1 flight stats (as of writing): Altitude: 12,387m Airspeed: 254.5 m/s Flight time: 1 hour, 34 mins Distance travelled: 1354km Distance remaining to KSC: 2415km Liquid fuel remaining: 5.95/9.9 Estimated remaining burn time: 2 hours, 30 mins Pilot status:
  24. magnemoe

SpaceX Discussion Thread

Don't think they will launch assuming fail, that is the first orbital reentry will be very high risk. They obviously start with small jumps followed by actual flights there they brake with the fins, probably with far more safety margins than on later flights, things like going to powered flight far higher. Next up will be real suborbital trajectories, later might use the superheavy. As landing downrange is a bit impractical they will have to do an falcon 9 first stage style boost back, this will also give some temperature data as in who parts get most heated so they can compare this to simulations. Finally the first orbit. One issue with landing is that you obviously will have to overfly land unless you land on the US west coast and then you have to move it trough the panama canal on ship anyway. Any ideas here?
  1. Load more activity