All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Oh, that communication line got crossed. Sorry. There're two things, one that is being done now and another that I would like to do instead: 1) Currently, it's using MMPatchLoader's StartLoad to reload the world so the new welded parts became active without restarting KSP. The way the class is searched is specially interesting, as it overcomes the buggy Mono's runtime support for Reflection (long story made short: if anything goes wrong everywhere while loading a DLL, the runtime's Reflection fails miserably for the whole system until restart - damn, I'm becoming repetitive about it). Whatever you do to the public classes of MM that could be reused, allowing it to be found with UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectOfType apparently will save a lot of grief (as it appears to be imune to the problem described). 2) What I wanna do instead is, somehow (and this is just a bit more than a brainstorming now), plain inject the new welded part into the GameDatabase without reloading the World. Mangling parts on the prefab is not exactly hard, what's hard is to avoid breaking people on the process, and this is where MM could be a huge differential: a common ground mechanism, with concurrency being correctly dealt, to allow safe GameDatabase mangling. That item 2 thingy would help too to prevent stunts like this one I made on TweakScale - a lot of Add'ons (including the current SquadExpansion and probably the future new one) uses the Main Menu Scene to carry on some unfinished business on GameDatabase, and with everybody running concurrently, a awful amount of feet stomping would be avoided.
  3. GluttonyReaper

KSP Loading... Breaking Ground: Axis Groups

It appears you can set the axis groups to the standard movement controls (as in this video, where the arm is mapped specifically to IJKL), but it looks you can just as easily map them to un-used keys through custom axis (as seen in the action menu in this video). Like I'm pretty sure I'd set those to be on the keypad or something, which naturally wouldn't interfere with anything else. Whether or not any of the robotics have default mapping... we have no idea yet. I'm glad to see the system looks nice and complex - it looks like it's one of those things that's easier to understand through experimentation than watching a video, which I'm looking forward to doing
  4. jost

Jost Eve Expedition

Some remarks: I always wanted to to a Eve and return. So I grabbed some contracts (put stations in Eve and gilly orbit, plant a flag on Eve etc) to help in funding. I also used HyperEdit and the help of this community to design a working EveAscentVehicle for three Kerbals: I also used HyperEdit and the help of this community to design a working EveAscentVehicle for three Kerbals: I have a heavily modded install, most important for gameplay is propably the usage of USI-Lifesupport: [x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 5.22) Action Group Manager Renewed (ActionGroupManager 2.2.4) ALCOR (ALCOR 0.9.7) ALCOR Advanced IVA (ALCORIVAPatch 0.9.7) Antenna Helper (AntennaHelper 1:v1.0.6) ASET Agency (ASETAgency 1.0) ASET Props (ASETProps 1.5) B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.7.1) ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.7.1) Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 4.1.0.0) Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.1.0.0) Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.3.7) Community Terrain Texture Pack (CommunityTerrainTexturePack 1:1.0.4) Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.27.1) Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.1.4) Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4) Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2) Contract Parser (ContractParser 8.0) Custom Asteroids (CustomAsteroids v1.7.0) Custom Asteroids (inner stock system data) (CustomAsteroids-Pops-Stock-Inner v1.7.0) Custom Asteroids (outer stock system data) (CustomAsteroids-Pops-Stock-Outer v1.7.0) Custom Asteroids (stockalike config) (CustomAsteroids-Pops-Stock-Stockalike v1.7.0) Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.19.0) DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.2) Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:1.4.2.0) Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.12.0) Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.12.0) Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.1.1) HullcamVDS Continued (HullcamVDSContinued 0.1.12) HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0) JX2Antenna (JX2Antenna 2.0.5) Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.10.0.0) Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.3) Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.6.0) Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.21) Konstruction (Konstruction 1.1.0.0) Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.7.0-1) KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.3.0.3) MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.8.3.0) MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.3.0.5) Mk1 Lander Can' IVA Replacement by ASET (Mk1LanderCanIVAReplbyASET 1.1) 'MK1-2' IVA Replacement by ASET (MK12PodIVAReplacementbyASET 1:0.3) Mk1-Cabin-Hatch (Mk1CabinHatch 0.2.0) ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.6.0) Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.0.1) PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.1) PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.1) Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.10.2) Progress Parser (ProgressParser 10.0) RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.30.6) RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.9.7.6) SCANsat (SCANsat v18.10) Science Revisited Revisited (ScienceRevisitedRevisited 1.7.1) Sigma Binary (SigmaBinary-core 1:v1.7.0) Sigma Binary - Duna + Ike Binary (SigmaBinary-DunaIke 1:v1.6.11) Surface Experiment Pack (SurfaceExperimentPack v2.7.1) TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.20) Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.6.20) Trajectories (Trajectories vKSP1.4.2-v2.2.0) Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.6.3.0) TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.9.3.0) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued (UbioWeldContinued 2.5.3) Unmanned before Manned (SETI-UbM) (UnmannedBeforeManned 1.3.0.2) USI Core (USI-Core 1.1.0.0) USI Life Support (USI-LS 1.1.0.0) USI Tools (USITools 1.1.0.0) ) Now the actual report: Since my kerbals did already an expedition to EVE (only orbit and Gilly landing and return) the newest goal is to go to Eve, land and return. Since this is a highly risky mission engineers and scientists debated how to get maximum science in one mission (there are rumours, that funding will be cut and then only a Jool5 will safe the program). Since nobody wants cut funds because of dying kerbals ( there are so many outer planets to explore, plus Moho etc), failure is not an option. So following mission architecture is used. There is a first launch window, where the EveAscentVehicle plus two space stations (one for Eve, one for Gilly) are sent to the Eve system: Launch and transfer of EveAscentVehicle and Eve/Gilly stations (imgurl) This was successful, since the Eve station and the lander are now deployed to their place in Eve orbit and on Eve surface. The orbit insertion of the Gilly station used all fuel, so it needs a supply mission to move it‘s orbit. Originally no ISRU was included in the design. Since I got following contract for mining ore on Gilly I decided to send a fuel tanker and a miner to Eve ASAP: Gilly Mining Package (imgurl) With their help the gilly station will be moved to it‘s final Gilly orbit. The next transfer window after sending out the miner/tanker will then be used to transfer the crew transfer vehicle (I will refill and reuse the mothership of a Duna expedition still in Kerbin orbit) and the EveExpeditionRover to Eve. The idea is to land near explodium seas, deploy science packages and drive to the lander. Then transfer to Eve station. After the habitation time is out on the station, the crew will transfer to Gilly station for further exploration of Gilly and science mining. In this way it should be possible to get science for 2-3 biomes, depending on the route of the rover and the available snacks and habitation time. Finally the Duna Mothership will be used to return to Kerbin. Originally I planed to use SurfaceExperimentPack for the deployed science packages. But since this mod is deprecated the parts of the BreakingGround DLC will be used. Until the DLC is released and I purchased it my program is paused (aka I'll start a Kerpollo Challenge run in a new science safe with less mods)
  5. Hello. I'm trying to create a script that adds a partmodule (AtmosphericIntake) based on the fields of an existing stock partmodule (ModuleResourceIntake) @PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] { %ResourceIntakeArea = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/area$ %ResourceIntakeTransformName = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/intakeTransformName$ %ResourceIntakeUnitScalar = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/unitScalar$ MODULE { name = AtmosphericIntake area = #$../ResourceIntakeArea$ intakeTransformName = #$../ResourceIntakeTransformName$ unitScalar = #$../ResourceIntakeUnitScalar$ } RESOURCE { name = IntakeAtm amount = 0 maxAmount = 1.0 // stub, will be updated by AtmosphericIntake } } What I'm trying to do is readout the area field in the ModuleResourceIntake module. How can I fix it?
  6. First, make sure all dependencies are up-to-date Then, please provide a log file (see my sig for info)
  7. Thanks to confirm. Okay I will dig through the existing bunch and remove.
  8. linuxgurugamer

[1.4.x] Smart Parts Continued

I believe so.
  9. Connected Living Space is a separate mod, so you can have SM without it. I know a couple of other mods that allow science transfer between their own parts, but nothing else that works generally. (Though note you can often collect all science in the ship to a science container. But it's always all or nothing.) While SM is a bit overkill for just this, on the other hand with the options turned down you can ignore pretty much everything else.
  10. hello, solved a couple of them but most of them are still having that error @Beale
  11. tater

SpaceX Discussion Thread

We have a better pass tonight. I want to see them so I can decide how concerned I am. Given reports so far, it's honestly pretty concerning. The total constellation is 12,000 sats. The initial one is "only" 4400. Other outfits are seeking something similar. I don't want the night sky to be crawling with ants.
  12. adsii1970

Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

@Vanamonde is the all knowing banana. He knows everything. He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've posted something in violation of the rules. So, post only good things.
  13. I seem to be missing the early controllable core. First controllable core I have is the ranger block 1. Which mod does that come from?
  14. @Beale huh wierd i just downloaded from the front page so ill redo and go from that link lets see what happens
  15. Thanks, hmmm some of those are very new so I would expect they should all still work. Do you have the latest release of both mods? (Tantares and TantaresLV). GitHub Craft File! ( I am really pleased with the Spacecraft separation on this one ;^] ) To finish: Sounds and FX (Really custom sound effects are needed, this is so weak right now). Calm down the Soyuz vernier engines, they are too responsive and make the SAS go a little proactive. Decoupler - hot-staging plate like the real Soyuz. Fins. Some secret new utility parts (That I've tried to emulate in the above craft file). Rest of the 1.25m and 1.5m variant parts (Hopefully these will be easy).
  16. Nice, there you go on original features
  17. DStaal

[1.7] Global Construction

You're welcome to take a look: http://magehandbook.com/owncloud/index.php/s/o7dkmHqn2To0CpK Here's a pic of probe in the same class. (The pic's old, and of a different probe - but the only design change I've made is to swap to stronger RCS.)
  18. 4x4cheesecake

No attachment nodes on top or bottom of part

If you are successful, I would love to see the result
  19. I saved the whole folder in saves. Since after recovering via this folder it becomes impossible to use the quicksaves, the game in practice this unusable. It is for me the end of the KSP, it is only a pity they have been the own company to give that end.
  20. Emilius73

'MK1-2 Pod' IVA Replacement by ASET[v0.3]

Also is there a proper Mk1-3 version coming?
  21. Stewcumber

Photography Showcase Thread!

I took this on a walk in the New Forest today. This was using my phone!
  22. Pthigrivi

Well I think we can all agree that robotics will often be used on the ground. This seems pretty clarifying. What are we still trying to understand? How it is we won't run out of key-bindings? Capslock maybe?
  23. Kerbart

Thanks for looking it up and proving my point.
  24. The next DLC is adding robotics, which should let you do all of those things.
  25. Basically what the title says. I think it would be really cool to be able to attach parts to moving parts. with this you can for example make bigger landing legs, gridfins, and very simple stock hinges. As far as I know there isn't yet a way to do this/no mod yet, and I don't know how hard it is to make. Or if it's even possible at all. What do you guys think?
  26. Vegetal

[1.4.x] Smart Parts Continued

Is the speed controller limited to 1000 m/s max? I can't seem to get it at a value greater that this...
  1. Load more activity