All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The opthalmologists won't be free. Sorry, I still can't get over how people just stare up at the sun to the point of sustained damage.
  3. Crazy, almost desperate idea from WW2 era: doing MEDEVAC on pods mounted on the bomb mounts of a P-38. What could possibly go wrong? (Bombs awa... uh... Whoops.. ) (but it would be a hell of view!) https://aviationhumor.net/experimental-air-ambulance-version-of-the-p-38/
  4. I did state "as a rule". Appreciation and gratitude do, of course, exist. But as exceptions to the rule from all I've seen. If SpaceX had provided filter glasses to all who watched the eclipse for free, few would have appreciated it or the cost or the trouble in making and distributing them. Maybe momentarily, but next eclipse most would be whining for their free glasses expectations and precedent having been set
  5. I've gotta ask, why in the hell did the developers think 'funding', which is one of the fundamental enablers (or hindrances) to real space programs, didn't have a place in the game? I think that was an insane choice on their part and I'm stoked that someone decided to take it on, this will be one of those mods that more or less everyone uses and it'll become such a common part of gameplay that it'll be considered 'essential'. Keep it up!
  6. I do. The total solar eclipse was cool.
  7. Today
  8. DV calculus were already very questionable in KSP1 with no repeatability even on very simple builds. I have numerous cases about it, like simply changing from Engine A to B and then reverting to A, DV would change sometimes... It's for simple builds. For "complex" (like, just advanced, nothing terrible, really), it won't ever show correct numbers. KSP2 is even worse in every part : it makes the DV totally unusable while mods does it correctly (mostly) for years and years on KSP1. I don't get it.
  9. Im beyond irritated now. Im playing elite dangerous and just spent the last 2 hours retracing steps i took over the two hours or so prior to that. I got killed by Thargoids which is why i had to retrace what I did. But heres the part that made my heart sink just now. I lost not the 4,000,000 credits i thought but that 1 death cost me 2 hours and 10,000,000 credits give or take. I remade the credits so technically only lost the first 2 or so hours but standing in Jameson Memorial staring at my pay out from Vista Genomics a 9,745,000 credit payout (earned another 640k in star system scans) tells me the longer original route had i not died would have net me north of 12m credits…. Fun times. Im gonna go sulk now lol 041404242024
  10. Sweet and awesome, that's a very fast reply! Thank you very much.
  11. I ended up redesigning one of my own SSTO's for the Laythe mission, as I'm not that good of a pilot and wanted to use a plane with more TWR for the bumpy takeoff from Laythe.
  12. I might be late but PLEASE DO BRING OUT THE ENTERPRISE! The Trekdrive one is detailed for sure but IT HAS NO IVA and star trek ships without bridge views are less than interesting.
  13. I've never seen people as a whole appreciate anything that is free. Not as a rule. We are built psychologically to earn victories, to deserve victories, in our own hearts and minds, from what I can tell. Once past the infant stage anyway Also trying to hold the idea that Musk (or anyone) is so wrong in my mind alongside the idea that we should magically get what his team achieves for free is hurting my brain. Much cognitive dissonance
  14. Calling 911 because thargoids wrecked your night 024904242024
  15. Banned because i just lost north of 4,000,000 credits because of an alien attack. Stupid thargoids. Stupid caustic attack. Stellar data lost. Biological samples gone. I ban you for this. 022904242024
  16. I know you're passionate about rovers, but would you be so kind to share what kind of slopes are you expecting to be able to conquer? Cuz from what I've seen, some people expect the rovers to climb slopes normally reachable by rock crawlers.
  17. Sorry for a bit of a hiatus there, my cat pushed my server system at our home off its nice neat shelf and wrecked its old HDD, so I spent the last month or two in data recovery mode. Regarding Kopernicus: Next release will be dropping soon, and it will be mostly under the hood stuff to support upcoming features and maybe slightly improve performance. No new features on the stable build most of you use just yet, but... There will be a prerelease version as well testing some new requested features (not quite comfortable with mainlining them just yet). The most prominent one is a long requested backlogged feature that is a lil bit evil: land scatters that can kill kerbals! PS: Don't worry, this new feature is for planet pack creators and won't just randomly poof your kerbonauts out of nowhere. Old packs and packs without this new node will have the same friendly scatters as ever. I'm just adding commonly requested stuff, heh.
  18. Playtesting is just testing by playing, to see if bugs appear while playing normally. What you describe is still QA testing, check if a specific thing result in the appropriate behavior. And they do both, either they missed that through playtest/qa testing (I didn’t even notice it until you pointed it out) or they noticed that and decided that they had no time fixing it before the update (or not important enough to push the update).
  19. Yeah, basically Khrunichev went bust developing it exclusively out of their own pocket. This in turn became a great excuse to sell off the expensive land under Khrunichev, forcing Angara's production to move to the stillborn Energiya Block A production line at Omsk, which didn't do the timeline any favors.
  20. Okay! Here‘s the plan: I‘ll make a separate section for every account who makes an idea. In it, I‘ll add the idea. This will take some time, but thank you for the consent!
  21. You can do whatever you want, ideas cannot be copyrighted so you could remix that like you want.
  1. Load more activity