All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Select the root node (usually the command capsule), then either use the rotate widget or the rotate key commands (use SHIFT to rotate smaller increments than 90deg). EDIT: PS. Pressing <space> while rotating will reset the orientation.
  3. Tilting jets, KAL-1000 for group control of thrust. Really useful and interesting DLC. And... for helicopters of course!
  4. IRL we know that in general, the greater the speed of an object on collision, the mote DPS it does. Not so in many space sims. It does not matter that the missile you fired accelerated at long range and hit it's target, it will still do a set amount of DPS. What if Elite dangerous implemented kinetic energy into DPS? Would it be too hard to implement for computer power? How would it change tactics? Long range missile spamming in volleys everywhere probably. Maybe even fleet volleys.
  5. Those are some very nice looking screen shots!
  6. A CIWS does not guarantee defense against even a single missile. Surface warfare-focused ships generally pack more firepower than they themselves can take (current USN warships are an aberration, really, with 8 AShMs vs almost a hundred SAMs - compare with a Russian frigate with 16 AShMs and 32 SAMs), even with the totality of CIWS and longer-ranged SAMs. So the answer is an emphatic "yes". Economical compared to what other option, anyway?
  7. ive had this happen twice today, i loaded a VAB ship in the SPH, launched, crashed, reverted, then the game force closed. upon reload, i just went straight to the runway with the ship, and once again, the came force closed upon revert. ksp loghttps://www.dropbox.com/home/New folder?preview=Player.log and my mods
  8. Today
  9. i have a feeling that he might have tried to "borrow" the game also.
  10. Is it possible in some way to alter the NACA profile of the wings, or is it locked?
  11. Found an old screenshot from 2014 in version .23, think it was meant to drop the orange fuel tanks on things.
  12. Yeah but you should be able to throttle back a bit to maintain a temperature, and as the altitude increases the skin friction will reduce and you can speed up again. KER gives a nice read out of critical temperature, as a percentage, of the part closest to its maximum temperature, but I don't think kOS can access it.
  13. I will move most of the development updates of 3LB to my discord server. So if you're interested, you're welcome! https://discord.gg/gHGupT8
  14. The panels/batteries aren’t powering the stage, they’re powering the lifting equipment for putting the stage on the transporter.
  15. I cannot remember any leg part in KAS. Why do you believe you've got it from KAS? The `Ore` is not different from any other resource. It must be flowing thru RTS part as all other resources. However, keep in mind that RTS part obeys the game's rules. It means, that it ensures does it best to ensure if both the source and target parts have access to the resources within the vessels. I'd recommend verifying if you're playing in the "obey resources transfer" mode, and the ore related parts are not blocked by the no-pass parts.
  16. Why? First stage is only flying for a few minutes? Now having them on upper stage makes some sense if it has to work for many hours like the last mission.
  17. Yeah, the software is kind of wacky sometimes. And the college systems are completely dependent on the internet, which is interesting. But my main gripe is that I hardly get any positive feedback when I'm doing well. I get negative feedback when things go poorly, but if I do something great then it's just kind of neutral. A little reinforcement would boost my morale a lot. Anyway, it's just the last week of classes and I have a lot to think about. I really don't need an inaccurate "53%" to look at on top of all this.
  18. I hadn't quick saved in a long time, so that wasn't an option. save file editing was the only way to restore my missing pilot.
  19. Jup I can confirm that one. Love your investigation into the save file! I always just quick loaded and did the EVA manually, then continued on my marry way
  20. Do they have any customers? I guess they could send interns if they haven't got any paying customers yet.
  21. Could you start another new career save in parallel and test that again? Maybe the problem comes from installing after the contracts were already active?
  1. Load more activity