All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Interesting. Yeah, I use the regular Rayovacs for just about everything around the house, never had a problem either.
  3. KSP 2 is not on the verge of being released. It's still around a year away, and software projects frequently arrive later than planned.
  4. Well, the yappers in this 3-year-old thread were trying to help, anyway. It is, after all, rocket science.
  5. I use keyboard for most thing, but have a CH products 'throttle quadrant' with six axis. I have set up 5 of them for the 4 custom axis action groups and throttle. I also have 10 of the buttons set for action groups 1 - 10, but find that I rarely use them (the keyboard is just easier for this).
  6. Well I'm playing with FAR, so the voxel based aerodynamics make transporting weird shaped things a real troublesome "thing". Especially for "deep space" missions like to duna/gilly it's hard. The probe that will orbit duna is based around the 0.625 meter parts (oscar tank). With two out of shape parts: a reflector KR14 (from remote tech) and the survey scanner. The reflector at least has the width of a 2.5m part. So adding a 2.5 meter fairing would work for that. However the survey scanner is so out of balance. Putting that to the side makes it stand out about 4.5 meters, so I'm adding a massive fairing with mostly empty space, just to make the thing aerodynamically balanced. Is this the best solution?
  7. You're all bunch of yappers, explaining things nonsense and complicating easy things. All you have to do, to launch to moon's right inclination in RSS, is select Moon as target and wait purple retrograde icon to move to 90 degress in kompas and launch your rocket. Just turn to 90 degrees orbit and you shouldn't miss orbit inclination more than 1 degree... I think that wasn't too hard to explain.
  8. I am thinking about getting KSP 1 this Christmas, but I recently found out that KSP 2 is on the verge of being released. Which should I buy? Please give me the pros and cons of either, justify the price, and give a final conclusion based on the information known. Thanks!
  9. Being so frustrated and lost I did not realize this was a form for a specific set of games. In my searching, I kept coming back to the forms on here and they seemed to be the most reliable when it came to answers. So you are probably right, I am not in the right place haha. Thanks for pointing that out
  10. When you are looking at the CRS-19 broadcast, waiting for B1059.1 to land...
  11. Ah, the good old "Tech support" subforum; the one which the Devs seem to ignore, the same one in which I've wasted hours describing issues and suggestions for them to simply fade into the KSP limbo of threads never read by one of the developers. Might as well close this thread, this won't go anywhere in here like always. At least the suggestions subforums had a chance of bringing some attention (as it happens that PC players also share that section of the forums).
  12. Think the idea is an area there you can change the forces, say you have an spaceship or plane who can turn reverse gravity around it. It will fall upward. Have an reactor there hydrogen fusion at room temperature. all sort of crazy stuff like like the Alcubierre drive, in short its kind of the cheat codes to the universe. And yes is this was easy it would probably be an late filter.
  13. Bombardier beetles react hydrogen peroxide with hydroquinone in a reaction chamber until it blasts out of them out through of a gimballed nozzle.
  14. Rayovac Fusion. All my others seem fine though... But WOW, when that one went, it WENT! I've been a long time Rayovac user. Cheaper than brands like Energizer or Duracell, but tend to last nearly as long. This is my first leak with one. I'd recently (around a year, maybe year and half ago) given their high capacity alkaline "Fusion" variant a try. Good capacity, but that cell had a marked shelf life of 2025. It's really odd that it leaked, and did so to such a degree. I'll be keeping my eye open. Still no leaks with he regular Rayovac alkalines.
  15. So I bought the breaking ground DLC for ps4 today and started a fresh carrier also deleted the previous save games to avoide any corruption. When I unlock the tech with FL-100 Fuel Tank it keeps duplicating and have to purchase that part over and over again whenever I enter tha VAB or the Tech tree. I allready tries to delete and reinstall the game with the dlcs and also deleted every save file, but without any success of solving this tiny but anoying bug. Please, if you have any solution, I would be happy know.
  16. Project starshot think about bouncing the beam forward and back a lot of time. Now their idea is kind of crazy I say, they need to accelerate small probes weighting a few gram at 50.000 g. Yes we can do 50K g, artillery does but that is an hollow block of steel inside an thick steel tube, yes you have smart shells but they don't do anything until out of barrel. For the probe, well if one part of the mirror get 0.1% more push than the other, it will be an 50 g force. Using it to spam say 100 kg flyby probes would makes more sense, now you get 0.5 g, this is much lower acceleration and the large probe has much easier to adjust its sail, as its accelerating slower it stay inside the laser range for much longer you can still reach very high interplanetary speeds.
  17. Thanks! I've still got all the named quicksaves I made when flying the transfer, so I think I'm going to go with this option. I'll see if I can get it done tonight after work - it shouldn't take too long, given that it's already mostly set up. That's interesting. I'm going to blame Git on this one - it must have messed up latest.sfs a bit during a merge. I'll poke around the save file and see if I can work out what happened.
  18. Nice work! The inclination on our new orbit is almost perfect and looks great. I'm impressed that you got an encounter using so little fuel. An important correction: KILO has ~1,850 m/s dV remaining (the staging sequence has been re-arranged so the dV indicator is showing you a figure for a stage comprised of just the Ant and the OscarB) meaning that we are about 250 m/s short of capture. We are so close! There are 2 fixes: Revert to a previous save and tweak the intercept so that it is closer to Kerbin. A lower AP (e.g. within Mun's orbit) will allow better use of Oberth effect and allow us to capture. For example an anti-radial burn a few days before the Kerbin encounter will lower the intercept PE nicely. Keep going! We are (almost) in a perfect 3:1 synchronous orbit with Kerbin. Using Kepler's 3rd law plus some trial and error, boosting our orbit to 42,755,000,000m at Kerbol PE will give a nice subsequent Kerbin encounter with a PE of 6,000km. We can then burn anti-radial at the edge of Kerbin's SOI to bring this down to ~70km and capture propulsively. Amusingly, somehow we've also acquired an extra 10 units of EC, as the decoupler now has 10 units of charge! (this is not important, as the 10 extra units are not really needed and don't affect things in any way that matters)
  19. This I don't like the color of the navball, if it's transparent or black, how will we easily see the horizon
  20. Today
  21. Heh, true. I'm a bit more optimistic though. If that does happen, then I'll be happy to lambaste SpaceX with everyone else.
  22. Very mysterious, but unfortunately I think this mod is not the problem, it really is as vanilla as vanilla can be. Github https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares Some basic RCS ports.
  1. Load more activity