All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. well i still got my original disc, if i can find a functional cd drive.
  3. This entire post has become pointless, it’s the same loop of conversation over and over with the words slightly tweaked. This post holds no value for the team itself. Nothing positive will happen from repeating one’s selves like a broken record. I get excited when I see activity in the discussions thread, and then all that excitement disappears when I see that it’s this post with the activity. I am also disappointed, but venting here is not constructive anymore. I was upset when the eclipse post got locked, but I totally see why it happened and think it’s time to lock this one up as well.
  4. There’s plenty of KSP1 weapon mods, there’s no backlash. If you want to keep your game peaceful you simply don’t download those mods. No one is forcing mods on anyone, so no one has a right to complain really.
  5. sorry, i just dont have enough infomation in the internal workings to know what is going on i just remember, sprints, and it meant scrum.. i don't know the entire cycle, but i know they have a lot of meetings that take a "while" in the start of the day or that is my speculations or its mid day, i simply don't know.. but i know for sure its scrum, no idea how good or bad it is compared to SAFe
  6. @Hadron27 If you download simple construction and go to this file: GameData\SimpleConstruction\Patches\SimpleConstruction\ScienceLabs.cfg Then change this section: INPUT_RESOURCE { ResourceName = Metal Ratio = 0.25 FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW } To INPUT_RESOURCE { ResourceName = Ore Ratio = 0.25 FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW } Then science labs will be able to produce rocketparts from ore. After that, you just need to add a docking port to use as a launchpad Hope this helps. Note: The button to make rocketparts will be called "Start Printing RocketParts" or "Stop Printing RocketParts"
  7. Sprints are a part of SCRUM which itself is an Agile methodology. I know it, because I've used it across every game I've worked on. That was what they were using last I checked or bothered to speculate. I think things may have changed with certain people becoming Product Owners over certain feature sets and teams. The suggested MAXIMUM of Sprint planning by the way, is EIGHT HOURS for a FOUR WEEK SPRINT. https://scrumguides.org/ This would be pages 7 and 8 of the SCRUM Guide of 2020, which you can find here: https://scrumguides.org/docs/scrumguide/v2020/2020-Scrum-Guide-US.pdf#zoom=100
  8. We've recently seen the same episode ourselves, and it shared a similar meaning for us as our future is uncertain concerning where we will live next year.
  9. iirc they work in a form of SCRUM, or just scrum so something like 2 weeks and longer cycles is an examples.. i remember hearing sprint and i researched it and i saw scrum... but this makes sense but there could be other ones that use "sprint"
  10. Today
  11. Wow, maybe taller/steeper mountains are common on smaller active worlds?
  12. I very seriously doubt they've adopted SAFe @Casellina X, I am willing to be wrong, but I highly doubt it. The whole point of SAFe is to be "Agile" and Adaptable with product delivery and one of the major principles of SAFe is incremental building with rapid integration of learning cycles, like Kolb's.
  13. So I'm NOT necessarily completely wrong about that thing casting a shadow on Europa that I estimated to be 3-7 km tall by counting pixels?
  14. When in fact all the negativity is driving me away.
  15. If they're running Scaled Agile with multiple release trains, it's entirely possible. Maybe not 10 exact working days worth of planning (and not for everybody), but extremely close to it. I've been in several such sessions. It's not enjoyable for the people that are in the trenches and (at least for me) rarely brought any value other than a vague understanding of what other teams are delivering and who depends upon who. They often feel like they're only held to make the nontechnical people/project managers feel like they're doing something. I'm not going to cast that accusation at Intercept Games, but I'll definitely throw it at the higher ups - those above Nate.
  16. Oh yeah, warp dragging during timewarp is definitely not possible. The moment that I add cruise control velocity to all the loaded vessels, they instantly fly out of formation and off to who knows where. I'll have to see if I can add a failsafe to prevent timewarp during warp dragging.
  17. Yesterday
  18. i dont want to put pressure on the CM's to point that they want to quit.. but man is it hard times right now for us users. recently i was in a discord call with about 7 people (last night) of ex-KSP 2 users from between 0.1.3 to current when they last played and there is some statements that they said some things that if you didn't think more than second you wouldn't think what we really just said one person said something of the lines of "for the amount of what the cm's have for previous jobs and experience, it is almost laughable that when one person comes back communication drops worse", and another stated and along the lines of the other 3 (at the time) one said along the lines of "when that one person left that was the other cm that's where it started getting bad" and i stated "I'm pretty sure the structural was completely different and they had to following a list of things" and other person remarked that "that isn't the point now, something from the top broke and stopped allowing cm's to give anything real substantial and due to restrictions we lost options". Yeah yeah, and the puppet in my left hand talking "and its not a credible source", before anything else... The only thing i remember was the last statement, it feels like that statement is what happened.. something has really restricted what the CM's do, or the CM's have lost what they can/want to do.. I gave a suggestion even if its time consuming just to "show" cm's caring about the next major update without giving us extremely juciy info like UI photos/gameplay, just parts, showing a part, showing a part in game in a video with lights turning on or turning it on with sound, and a kerbal to scale/video, and finally the flavor text. that's 5~ things per part, 1 new part per week or per 5 weeks (sound like a broke record) (don't want keep on suggesting it)... but bruh at this point, i just hope that means something and we can get the hype train slipping on the tracks trying get going again and not "nothing sauce" for the majority of the users.
  19. Wow, that is one heck of a mountain: No height exaggeration here, the Juno team calls it 'Steeple Mountain' and it's between 5 and 7 Kilometers high.
  20. Or you could wait for the sale on it... https://store.steampowered.com/app/273590/Descent_3/ As for me, I accidentally made my family and myself cry after watching the newest episode of Bluey that just came out on Disney +. We had a big move, from Florida to Alabama, after living there for 24 years, and all of the kids being born there, so it was pretty rough thinking about the chaos that could happen just before you're getting ready to leave it all behind.
  21. Some really great thoughts in this thread. I originally made this topic to commiserate with others about my apathy towards the game, but I've actually found some inspiration to play my exploration save again (for the first time since January) and am having some fun! (tldr at the bottom). While I still have a chunk of tiers 3 and 4 to complete on the tech tree and numerous missions unfinished, I actually have felt most inspired by the Orbital Survey mod to continue playing. My newest goal is to map out the Kerbolar System to the best of my abilities while creating modular orbital stations with capabilities to expand with future parts. Who knows, maybe a current station will become an orbital colony someday? (Big note here, haven't done too much docking pre-0.2.0 and I am terrified of the potential bugs I'll face). Really glad a few people pointed out the team's verbal commitment of saves being compatible with future updates and milestones - I am really banking on this being true. This has turned my focus from "trying out the new features on For Science!" to "prepping my space program for colonization and eventual interstellar capabilities". The Science Arkive mod has also driven me to complete the tech tree AND save up additional science for eventual colony parts once 0.3 drops. Not to mention many mods also support additional science earnings. Yeah, it's a bit of a grind, but provides some reward for creating "imaginary" missions for myself instead of following the official mission structure exclusively. Without the mods I've mentioned (and the many more I use in-game), idk if I'd be playing again at all. But with the enhancements offered by the community I've been having a good time and am planning on keeping busy with tasks in-game that should easily carry me to 0.3. As for a lot of the game's shortcomings, I've experienced a few issues but nothing that has completely turned me off yet. I know more problems will come as the scope and complexity of my missions evolve, but I am just not there yet. Other common gripes such as optimization have been non-factors for me - I'm always between 70-110 FPS so far (again, subject to change once complexity of crafts and missions increase). Maneuvers have been okay, and once again mods have really improved my experience with this aspect of KSP2. Overall, the game is very much playable - although it did require some tweaking from mods to maximize that enjoyment. Many, many aspects of gameplay still make KSP2 feel incomplete and empty for me at times, but I find that it still provides me that novel "wow" factor just as often. I imagine part of that feeling is thanks to never breaking past Kerbal and Duna's SOI's back in KSP1. Much of the franchise itself still feels new to me and I am sure this feeling is different for the veteran players on the forum. I do feel lucky in that way. So, tldr - mods and the creation of a plan of preparation for 0.3 have inspired me to play again. I'm eager for the future improvements this game desperately needs, but feeling content with what I have for now.
  1. Load more activity