All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. On PS4 the dpad does rotation of selected part. Left/right, up/down, L1+left/L1+right rotate on the 3 axis. Half the fun is seeing if you can guess which buttons you need to use to rotate in the direction you want before exhausting all possibilities. Chances are you won't.
  3. KSP version: 1.8 Question 1: I installed WindTunnel and PWings, when I try to obtain flight envelops of aircraft with wings (made by PWings) having different scale and shape, I always get the same results, no matter how I resize and reshape PWings, the WindTunnel always give the same result... Question 2: There is a mod called KerbalWind which can generates wind in atmosphere, I installed it and set the wind with a speed about 70m/s, from south to north, then I switched F12 on and observed the difference of torques in my aircraft before and after activating wind, I cannot find any changes on torques whether I activate winds or not.
  4. AFAIK it doesn't really matter. I believe that "to root" and "to grandparent" just don't do anything on the root part, and I don't use "to heaviest" anyhow. For myself I usually just activate "to grandparent" on (nearly) all parts, including the root part. In general: yes! During docking the two crafts will become one craft with the new root part being the root part of one of the two original crafts. I don't know how the game chooses which of the two becomes the new root. I personally avoid using autostrut to root for that reason. Does this happen immediately upon docking, or does it wobble itself apart? Does the "F3" menu give any information on what happened? What could have happened is that the "weldable" connections cause the game to treat the parts as different vessels for a moment before the mod kicks in and re-arranges the craft. If they move far enough apart during that moment then the mod cannot (or does not) "stick" them back together. Struts (regular an d auto-) will not connect parts of different vessels, so they don't help during that moment. Hmmm... actually they could cause the problem: if they held the other parts under tension (like a compressed spring) before the docking, then the release of that tension during them moment of non-connectedness could move the parts apart. Some things you could try: Disable SAS during docking. Disable autostruts to root (or heaviest) during docking. Try the stock docking ports and not the modded ones. Don't attach the portable struts until all parts are assembled. But in general: I don't use these mods and I haven't really encountered your problems, so I can only speculate!
  5. Yes, very difficult in practice and next to impossible on the Kardashian scale of computing power, we will not be seeing this happening within the near future even if quantum computing succeeds due to the immense technological requirements of such a thing
  6. It's a mod design to work with the KAL device and parts from Breaking Ground. To enhance them and how they work. If you don't have Breaking Ground why would you want this mod?
  7. That's really neat but I don't think the solar panels power everything directly. It's more likely that they charge batteries when the equipment is not in use and then they use the power stored in those to lift the legs and do everything else.
  8. I really don't see why it wouldn't. Surely this is something you're able to test though? Why don't you do that and let us know if it did work!
  9. or shift-click on any part if the root part is hard to get.
  10. In my experience the ability of the robotic parts to take up mechanical load is rather limited while they are allowed to move. But they get much stronger when the parts are locked, even more so when combined with autostruts. In the locked state autostruts are able to traverse the robotic parts, so you can autostrut a part on one side of the robotic part to another part on the other side of said robotic part. Constructs like folding wings that are folded inside a fairing during launch, folded in behind the heatshield during aerobraking on Eve, and then unlock-unfold-relock while hanging off parachutes, or rover wheels that are folded in during launch and unlock-unfold-relock in orbit work quite well for me. (Don't activate autostruts on the robotic part itself, that's bugged in a way that may prevent the part from moving. See: Bug #23492 [Edit: Hmmm... might be that this bug is now fixed.] The usual disclaimers when using autostruts also apply.) The one time I used a docking port on an robotic extension also worked reasonably well. See my comments here:
  11. Today
  12. - In the last 2 days, I was setting up my environment to use this real-exoplanets pack on 1.8.1, which is almost done, not yet. - Really soon for Christmas we will have as present again all add-ons outdated for 1.9.0, but once the changes will not be so severe like in 1.8 I hope a smother addon adaptation, so trying to concentrate on this release, 1.8.1 for now. I would like to upload my ship pack/solution used to this challenge, but for that I need to release somehow, a kind of pmborg "addon" to support the ship. - The ship that I have done, to win this challenge, don’t have any cheats, just have some changes in several mods, those changes are related with: No mod support for 1.8.1 yet for some mods, but I forced the support for parts that I want/need for the ship. Some parts I need them bigger, and just tweak the tweak scale even more here and there. Actually @allistahave done a great job adding some of my tweaks already a big Hangar for the space plane. @FreeThinkerThere are also some tweaks that I have done in KSPI, in big spheres and in the engine to scale them from 40 to 45, let me know if you are interested in update KSPI with it or if I keep this addon upgrade, later on I can share the details if needed.
  13. Did you mean something like flaps of FAR? I think it's a good idea! Thanks for your example! Wow, that retro style is quite a master-piece...
  14. Correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the metallic hydrogen engines comparable in performance to some designs of NERVAs? If that's the case then it's just a matter of game design, it's confirmed you have to make your advanced fuels through colony advancements probably Metallic Hydrogen is better for the gameplay context. The same can't be said about the Warp Drive that has performances like nothing else currently theorized or planned.
  15. Just want to say thankyou for your post, pslytely psycho (and I love your "handle" so much I just typed it out by hand!). I too went the unfortunate career route of "become one of the country's top experts in a specific technological niche *just* when everyone is giving up on using that technology altogether". =:o\ (In my case, it was "Clearcase Multisite" performance and trouble-shooting.) Your story both saddened me and warmed my heart. It's good to meet a brother in arms. For me, that was over a decade ago. Since then I've been working in retail. The pay's lousy, but it's much better for my physical health. (Warehouse work is a like a gym membership where *they* pay *you*! =:o} ). Except at this time of year, which is hella intense. =:o\ [SALUTES] both to you, and to @linuxgurugamer Can't wait to see what the future holds for Kopernicus, and KSP mods in general... [SITS RAPT, WITH FISTFULS OF POPCORN RAPIDLY VANISHING INTO MAW]
  16. Still Works Without Breaking Ground Right?
  17. Looked through the code. It actually should work without problems! Why not use the "Control From Here" of the Construction port? I always dock orbital containers that way with the help of an alignment indicator. It's in orbit I struggle with containers the most. So what I make is a thing that helps to grab/move/attach a container without the need to dock; and without the risk of accidentally spinning it. It's like a magnet bottle for a container that holds it within some volume. It is also able to attract/repulse objects with variable force, so you can grab a container from the ground in the gravity field, then place it gently elsewhere. If anything, it it works almost like the Gravity Gun from Half Life 2
  18. See now its part of the cap and not the stage, makes more sense.
  1. Load more activity