All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. that would be better, however they are a corporation that does not care about the consumer and forces the blame on content creators to save money.
  3. Yes it is. Btw, could you use more pictures of Proxima Centauri b? I need it for the Proxima Centauri challange.
  4. Damn I realize I have been misinformed again by popular science art
  5. They could add it later, or make the current expansion cross compatible
  6. Gotcha - thanks for the insight! I wasn't sure if the lab/telescope was intended to outlast the capsule, but sounds like the whole kit and kaboodle would have been deorbited together, and the capsule separated just for reentry. In any event, it's fascinating just to see these ideas they had floating around.
  7. Thats why all of my missions are colonies, no matter where they are going... Oh yeah! Welcome to the forums!
  8. I assuming it's just for visualizing it. There's overcast here (I'm maybe 4.5 hours north driving), not sure what the deal is. They just reset to 45 minutes from now. Reset again to 12 minutes. And new page, so:
  9. Yet another topic where a quick look on Wikipedia would usefully inform the discussion. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_pyramids TL:DR version. The Giza pyramids are not the only intact and well preserved ‘true pyramids’. A true pyramid in this context is one that was designed and built as a pyramidal structure from the outset. There’s a fairly clear archaeological record of pyramid development from stepped pyramids to stepped pyramids with filled in steps to smooth them out, to the so-called bent pyramid (intended as a true pyramid but with a flawed design, forcing the builders to give it a flattened shallower cap), to true pyramids. Post-Giza pyramids often cheaped (cheoped? ) out on building materials, using a rubble core held in place with mud brick steps and finished with a limestone facing. Not difficult to imagine the limestone being stolen for other building works at which point the mud and rubble core would probably degrade relatively quickly.
  10. It's likely for them to record it. Pretty much everything the launches out of Vandenberg goes up in fog, and I seem to recall watching a Falcon 9 land just fine in the fog out there, too. If this was something going to orbit with a launch window it probably wouldn't be a concern.
  11. Yes, and the colors are warmer, just not as exaggerated as what you usually see in exoplanet art. If I showed a side-by-side comparison of how the surface looks with a white light source and how it looks with a slightly warm light source, you'd be able to see the difference.
  12. Ok, but shouldn't it affect the colors precieved on the surface, making it look warmer ...
  13. No. Red dwarfs are not actually red. They are more like a pale orange.
  14. Ah, yeah I mean... so I think first off by way of explanation, that service module was added several years ago, long before the actual MOL was ever added. In real life, it would have a packet of 6 retro solids for deorbiting (even if the MOL wasn't necessarily going to get reused, I assume that just deorbited due to drag later) but in BDB it doesn't have one. I think the lack of any decoupler is an oversight on my part since I never actually thought about what would go there; the wiki reflects that I guess.
  15. One would think that fog is not actually a problem for a rocket launch. Does it affect the landing? I assume the landing does not rely on optics at all, but maybe the fog is a risk item for their radar altimeters? Of course, possibly the issue is simply that they want to optically record the flight because it is still a test flight. Or maybe is it an icing issue?
  16. I've loaded a number of KSP Contract mods In fact my KSP Modlist is appended below I recently was offered a contract to do an experiment called "Visual Observation" on various spots around the KSC. It's unclear to me which instrument I'd use to do those experiments. Any Help please? "name": "Chatterer" "name": "FlagPack" "name": "Historian-expanded" "name": "IDFlagsandDecals" "name": "KerbalAlarmClock" "name": "KerbalEngineerRedux" "name": "TriggerAu-Flags" "name": "Toolbar" "name": "AutomatedScreenshots" "name": "ModuleManager" "name": "ClickThroughBlocker" "name": "ToolbarController" "name": "ABCORS" "name": "AdvancedTextures" "name": "Astrogator" "name": "AviationLights" "name": "BasicDeltaV" "name": "BasicOrbit" "name": "BetterScienceLabsContinued" "name": "LoadingTipsPlus" "name": "CommunityPartsTitlesExtrasNoCCKDup" "name": "KSP-AVC" "name": "BetterBurnTime" "name": "KaptainsLog" "name": "NavballDockAlignIndCE" "name": "ManeuverQueue" "name": "SpacetuxSA" "name": "UKS" "name": "USI-ART" "name": "USI-Core" "name": "USI-EXP" "name": "USI-FTT" "name": "USI-LS" "name": "USI-NuclearRockets" "name": "USITools" "name": "FirespitterCore" "name": "CommunityResourcePack" "name": "CommunityCategoryKit" "name": "Konstruction" "name": "GroundConstruction-Core" "name": "AT-Utils" "name": "ConfigurableContainers-Core" "name": "KAS" "name": "KIS" "name": "ScienceSituationInfo" "name": "EasyVesselSwitch" "name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" "name": "StationPartsExpansionRedux" "name": "CommunityTechTree" "name": "B9PartSwitch" "name": "NearFutureProps" "name": "BetterTimeWarpCont" "name": "CapCom" "name": "ContractConfigurator" "name": "ContractConfigurator-CleverSats" "name": "ContractConfigurator-CommNetRelays" "name": "ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch" "name": "ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy" "name": "ContractConfigurator-Tourism" "name": "WaypointManager" "name": "ContractRewardModifier" "name": "ContractsWindowPlus" "name": "ScienceAlert" "name": "ProgressParser" "name": "ContractParser" "name": "RemoteTechRedevAntennas" "name": "xScienceContinued" "name": "FlexibleDocking" "name": "Mk1CabinHatch" "name": "MSP3000" "name": "NearFutureElectrical" "name": "NearFuturePropulsion" "name": "NearFutureSolar" "name": "OctosatContinued" "name": "NearFutureConstruction" "name": "NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs" "name": "NearFutureSpacecraft" "name": "NearFutureElectrical-Core" "name": "DynamicBatteryStorage" "name": "NearFutureSolar-Core" "name": "BDAnimationModules" "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core" "name": "OrbitalSurveyPlus" "name": "PilotAssistant" "name": "PreciseManeuver" "name": "CommunityPartsTitlesExtrasCategory" "name": "CommNetAntennasExtension" "name": "CommNetAntennasInfo" "name": "CommNetConstellation" "name": "SCANsat" "name": "CommunityPartsTitles" "name": "SpeedUnitAnnex" "name": "KramaxAutopilotContinued" "name": "AtmosphereAutopilot" "name": "MechJeb2" "name": "FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig" "name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR" "name": "TweakScale" "name": "NearFutureLaunchVehicles" "name": "kOS" "name": "FilterExtensions" "name": "CryoEngines" "name": "KerbalAtomics" "name": "CryoTanks" "name": "CryoTanks-Core" "name": "DeployableEngines" "name": "MoarFEConfigs" "name": "KerbalAtomics-NTRModSupport" "name": "KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems" "name": "Mk2Expansion" "name": "TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies" "name": "DMagicOrbitalScience" "name": "TooManyOrbits" "name": "EditorExtensionsRedux" "name": "DockingPortAlignmentIndicator" "name": "ChampagneBottleRedux" "name": "CommunityTerrainTexturePack" "name": "KerbalGPSRevived"
  17. Yes, they say in that chart that the new SRBs SAVE 25+ million each. They should not even cost 25M to save. The fact that they are so very, very overpriced in the first place is astounding.
  18. Well my original question is about this build: https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/MOL The service module is an engine, and in the pictured build there's no way to decouple it from the Equipment Module. So just trying to figure out what the design intention was ... e.g. is the capsule meant to decouple with the engine and be able to deorbit without the station? Or is that part simply there for geometry? I fully realize how pedantic these types of questions are ... I just like to at least try to use parts as they were designed, before just doing whatever I want anyway
  19. I don't know how you "launch at 10 degrees" so I can't say whether that's sensible or not. Personally, I've got good results with "have prograde be 70° by the time I reach 200m/s" approach (example). That inherently adjusts for TWR (slower rockets make a slower turn) -- not perfectly, but well enough that one set of values suits a wide range of rockets.
  20. Perhaps you could rename the KSR to the venerable Ussari Union, with the permission of Catastrophic Faliure? That might stay clear of 'politics and roleplaying', which would cause many issues.
  21. TBH the whole idea that you have to go on EVA, or have a storage container, to perform multiple crew reports never struck me as a good idea for gameplay. It's unrealistic and grindy. The only purpose I can see for it is to force players to go on EVA and motivate them to upgrade the Astronaut Complex as early as possible, and I can't help but think there are better ways to encourage EVAs. That said, I'm really glad to see this mod resurface. Thanks, @linuxgurugamer, yet again!
  1. Load more activity