All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Triop

Triop's Adventures

@NBDesigns Seeing your car inspired me to create: The Spider : Because of the struts the wheels can be placed wherever I like.
  3. Continue to enjoy this mod. The button to reset key binding is great! Have another suggestion, could we have an option in settings to make 'fine adjust' mode on all the time without needed the 'fine adjust' window open? yes, shift key is nice, but I just like using the fine adjust all the time. maybe a hotkey to toggle? In any case, have a successful day!
  4. Captainamtrak456

[1.6.1] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

I'm not used to using programs like that. Any tutorial for me and some other people who arent used to it?
  5. For me, the Editor bug is still there. When I open the action group panel, all buttons (parts constructor, crew, switch VAB/SPH) become disabled. The log: https://ufile.io/b456h3lq
  6. *chuckle* which came first, the oven roasted or freeze dried chicken, or the Easter Egg? Nertea - love the mods and appreciate all the work you do. Have a request - I think KSPi has a heat managment window that you can activate to see in the editor and in flight well, the heat and so on. Any way to have similar in one of your mods? Would be most excellent.
  7. zer0Kerbal

Request for Notification of Broken Mods

I like, and rather have this as part of an existing, widely used mod instead of having yet another mod (like you). In fact - so many mods could be married together.... would be nice.
  8. dundun93

Rate the location....

1 10 here Currently very Booty stall....
  9. dundun93

How long will we go?

10. Awesome idea. Can't wait to see how much I can abuse it.
  11. this mod is working fine in 1.7 but, now craft manager isn't showing any craft but, the default craft loading page shows that they are there. My VAB and SPH files have craft in them but craft manager isn't able to switch to KerbalX mode or show the craft. It says there are zero craft.
  12. Unplanned scattered landing.
  13. I played around with it in it's early days, but it never had a significant impact on my gameplay either way. I don't consider it a cheat; I consider it an extension of the stock gameplay mechanic for vessel recovery. Click the magic green button at the top of your screen when landed on Kerbin and your Kerbals and capsule are essentially picked up by recovery assets and transported back to the KSC. For a reduction in refunds of course to cover the implied resource impact of such an employment of recovery assets. Not to mention the Recovery Transponder strategy in the admin building. To me Stage Recovery is no different than these other "implied space program operations" that run in the background to support the main form of gameplay.
  14. Keep the file in the folder, that's now part of the legend
  15. It sounds as if there is a mod conflict that CKAN is recognizing. Have you checked the Relationships tab for the Scatterer mod in CKAN? Is anything listed there with the Conflicts icon?
  16. Today
  17. I only found out yesterday that i can use the Scroll Wheel at the bottom left window to adjust the prograde etc in the maneuver editor. I know scroll wheel is used in the map as well and most would have already figure it out. Its nice to see they keep attention to detail in these new additions!
  18. kerbiloid

Shower thoughts

Game of Thrones, (Caution: not a spoiler right now but may become it in future)
  19. Triop

Triop's Adventures

Sweet ! Great race line dude, nice going through the tight corners. Kerbal One SCOREBOARD 1. NBDesigns - 00:52.30 2. Trouble Maker - 01:01.94 3. Sledge Hammer - 01:02.56 4. Dessert Warrior - 01:04.00 5. Bad News - 01:05.00 6. Helter Skelter - 01:05.88 7. Trigger Happy - 01:06.18 8. Black Mail - 01:09.42
  20. Warezcrawler

[1.6.1] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.5.1

Should cause no issues with existing saves.
  21. StrandedonEarth

SpaceX Discussion Thread

Same control panel designer? (Ronald Reagan's finger in screengrab from "Land of Confusion" by Genesis)
  22. OrbitalBuzzsaw

What did you do in KSP today?

Launched the Mun Orbital Detailed Survey A (MODS-A) aboard a L2-S light lifter to support upcoming Munar prospecting operations It's now creating a more detailed map of Mun ore concentration than the Polar Surveyor was able to from its 10km polar orbit of the Mun. It sits an average of 6km above the surface.
  23. magnemoe

SpaceX Discussion Thread

Hint, do not mess up the abort and self destruct systems.
  24. Note that an solar panel designed for an laser will be close to 100% efficient. You would still need cooling but its an nice way to drive an ion engine probe. Star shot missed the mark. Yes you can push 10 grams to 0.1c but I rater want some ton in Uranus orbit asap.
  25. Cunjo Carl

SpaceX Discussion Thread

frames 1-3. Images taken from video posted by Astronut099 on Twitter, brought up here by @Arcturusvfx Hm. Bit of a hard start there. Was curious, so I plotted where the center of the explosion appeared to originate from.
  26. So, I had an idea for a new part in KSP, which I thought could provide novel and interesting gameplay without needing any modeling or textures (it's doable completely with just config). So I tried making it to see what it would be like, and I've found it to be surprisingly fun while not (IMO) unbalancing the game. It's such a simple little thing that I hesitate to publish it as a "mod", but I figure folks might like to see what it does, so I thought I'd share some of my fun little creations (and the config for the part, if anyone else would like to take a crack at it). JV-6 "Vito" VTOL Assist Jet (If you'd like to play around with it yourself, here's the config; just drop it anywhere in GameData, doesn't need anything else at all, not even ModuleManager.) It's a small, high-thrust, air-breathing RCS thruster. Like jet engines, it requires intake air and burns liquid fuel only, with a much higher Isp than LFO engines. As you can see, I've simply re-used the Juno model with a bit of rescaling. In terms of how the stats balance, it's useful to compare it to the Vernor and the Juno: Compared to Vernor: 3/4 the weight, 1/2 the thrust Compared to Juno: 1/4 the weight, 1/3 the thrust Yes, it has a better TWR than the Juno, but I compensate for that by giving it a significantly crappier Isp, less than 1/3 of a Juno's. Still way better than an LFO engine, though. I deliberately made it a bit on the weak side, so that if you've got a substantial aircraft, going to actual vertical take-off is going to be hard, unless you spam a lot of these. On the other hand, as a takeoff assist, it can make it easier to take off and land at slower speeds and with shorter runways. So, with that out of the way, below are some of my adventures with this part, just to see what it can do. Small airplane So, let's start with a fairly typical small / low-tech KSP airplane. A simple tail-dragger, powered by two Junos. Flies great without any VTOL assistance; lifts off at 50 m/s, can land at about 30 m/s. Let's jazz it up with a few VTOL jets, shall we? Four VTOL jets added: one on the nose, one on the tail, one on each wing. I've played with the RCS actuator toggles so that "dorsal/ventral" is the only active linear axis. The wing jets have "roll" activated; the nose and tail jets have "pitch" activated. Let's see how it flies! It can't even vaguely do a vertical takeoff-- the combined thrust of all four VTOL jets is only slightly more than one Juno, which just isn't enough to do a dead lift. However, they do make the takeoff run a lot shorter. It now takes off at 25 m/s, instead of needing 50. Part of that is because the nose jet helps to rotate the nose up off the tarmac (since this is a tail-dragger, it can't dip the tail); the rest is just because the lift makes it easier to get into the air. It only needs just a brief burst on the jets to take off-- seconds after that, the Junos have accelerated it to the point where it doesn't need the help. So, taking off is fun! But the real question is... how does it land? Well, that was neat. Here I am, parked on the high mountain spire just to the west of KSC. Note the short distance traveled after landing (there's not much "flat" ground behind the plane). With the engines cut to zero and the VTOL jets working full tilt, the plane can land at around 15 m/s (down from 30ish before)-- and that's descending at a steep angle, probably around 45 degrees. Lands fine, quickly brakes to a halt. Now that was fun. Things I found fun about flying this craft: It's more versatile in terms of where it can land and takeoff, but without losing its basic "airplane-ness". I enjoyed adding some complexity to the controls when landing and taking off: the coordination of turning RCS on/off, deploying/retracting flaps, using the active RCS thrust, etc. Made piloting more of an adventure for me. "Buck Rogers" jet hopper This one was super fun to play with. It has eight VTOL jets on it: four on the underside, and one each on front / back / left / right. Controls are arranged as follows: In flight, "control from here" is set to the probe core (needed to play nice with SAS / RCS). The four jets on the underside have the "fore/aft", pitch, and yaw actuators turned on; everything else is off. Those jets also have the "fore with throttle" setting turned on. The four jets around the rim have "left/right" and "dorsal/ventral" turned on; everything else is off. When taking off, activate SAS and set it to surface . This causes it to hold the craft perfectly upright at all times. Handles like a dream. Turn on RCS, hold , increase throttle until it just barely lifts off, then take the throttle down just a smidgeon, so that the craft has a very slight downward acceleration and acts like you're on Gilly. Then have fun! The K key thrusts you forward (in the direction the pilot is facing); you can use I to "brake", and J/L to strafe left/right if desired. Use occasional taps on the H key to maintain altitude. It's incredibly stable and controllable, super easy to fly, can set it down lightly as a dandelion seed at any pinpoint location you like. (Above you can see me landing on the VAB helipad.) Things I found fun about flying this craft: It's just so ridiculously stable, slow, and easy to control. Way better than I expected. I'm impressed that this takes no code, it's just stock KSP with the addition of one fairly standard part. Flying it around feels just magical; can land anywhere at all! "Doodlebug" Play around with a simple VTOL that can fly around at a reasonable speed. ^ That's it, that's all it is. Probe core, reaction wheel, intake, battery, Juno, command chair, coupla Basic Fins as wings, and two VTOL jets below. The VTOL actuators are set with "dorsal/ventral" and pitch active, everything else turned off. This one's also fun and easy to fly. The VTOLs have enough oomph to do perfectly vertical takeoffs and landings. The wings are tiny, but once the Juno gets it up to around 80 m/s, there's plenty of lift and the VTOLs aren't needed. A jaunt to the island airfield. Easy to fly, and quick to brake / settle on the VTOLs when doing a vertical landing. Things I found fun about flying this craft: It's a fun piloting challenge during VTOL takeoff / landing, since (unlike the hopper above) the design means I can't use throttling to control the VTOL lift, nor do I have perfect-uprightness. This means I have to manually juggle the vertical thrust, and the pitch / roll, while landing the thing. It's just a fun little day-tripper thing. Can land and take off from anywhere, but is fast enough to be able to tour a reasonably broad area. Anyway, that's the fun I've had thus far. Will add more as inspiration strikes. If anyone else wants to play with it, the config is linked above at the top of this post-- would love to see pictures of your Vito-equipped craft, please post them here!
  1. Load more activity