All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I've just started rebuilding my mod install for 1.8 after a hiatus from KSP, and it seems like this mod is still working on 1.8. I have noticed however that it seems that the volume of the jet engine sound remains constant, no matter how far away from an active jet engine. I built a small test craft and started the engine, and let it fly, then bailed my kerbal out. the plane flew off without crashing, and made it to several Km away, but I could still hear the engine sound as if i was focused on the jet itself. I literally only have mechjeb, restock and restock+ and jet sounds continued installed so far. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a link to an updated version that I've missed / not aware of?
  3. ok i still does not work mi going to send screen shots of what i do Is there anything wrong on how i download the mod?
  4. woooow really feeling the 1.7.3 hype!!! this is awesome Andrew thank you for your work!
  5. Juraffics? So a website consisting of a bunch of gifs could be a Juraffic Park...
  6. Have you tried mapping the power curve to the KAL-1000? ...and then assigning the "Play Position" of the KAL-1000 to the throttle? I never map RPM or Torque directly to throttle because I typically want a blended curve of both ramping up as I move through the throttle. I wrote a bit on the topic in a 1.7.3 tutorial, and aside from the pitch curves changing a bit in the 1.8.x updates, the concepts are all valid: ...and actually, you really don't want RPM's to go to zero anyway. It would cause your blades to stop spinning in midair.
  7. these cd keys for steam from ebay for kerbal space program for 6.49 look trustworthy as the ebay gives money guarantee but it is worth to read the description as i still postponing the purchase of space engineer for 15,49 from steam would be good if somebbody temm me about their own experience from ebay purchases of kerbal space program or other space game.
  8. My apologies, in my previous post it linked to v1.1.5, I've updated that link now, but is there a problem with the .zip file on GitHub?
  9. dam it i forgot the website to paste an image because i need to ask a question
  10. What the Giant Eagles in LotR did or didn't do is understandable, in light of them being rather powerful creatures with their own will, not a taxi squad, who couldn't necessarily enter Mordor without grave risk due to the threats there prior to Sauron falling. Silly birds just remembered their prior flight with Gandie and a pack of hair-legged midgets (in "Hobbit"), and it took almost a year to ensure them that this time they surely will get a lot of tasty carrion as a reward. Like always when you have a deal with Gandalf, they got nothing except inspiring speech. *** Also if have a look at the MiddleEarth map, we can see that the Mt. Weathertop / Amon Sul is placed in three hundred kilometers even from the closest Misty Mountains, they were looking at from there. So, the MiddleEarth planetary radius is probably greater than modern one (or it's flat), and it's a very clear air in MiddleEarth of 3rd epoch. *** As under normal gravity the caves can't be deeper than ~1.5 km, this is probably the depth limit of Moria, so we can roughly define what geological epoch does the balrog belong to, and what minerals are typical for him.
  11. Hmm but that would mean I'd also be unstable in the rolling direction when lifting off, or when I go nose down descent. I didn't notice that. As for stability: FAR removes that "difference": drag & lift work both equally based on density & velocity (as it should be, they have the same factors and same formula in reality).
  12. Wow guys! All of you above me are making some seriously awesome starships and multiwheel crafts! Me, still a beginner, I'll put my lame rockets up with a plane here or there but I do love to show it. Why..Its fun! Its all good, I just love this game (no.. not a game, its a starship simulator) and all your creations too! KSP is just awesome. (1.8.1) Last night, I got 4 new career contracts. One tho is very cool. I have to bring a Kerbal named "Sizer Kerman" into space for 1 hour. I did one like this before and ran short of electricity, but this one is different. I have no solar panels yet, but I do have "capacitors"! Being into electronics most of my life I had fun with this. It was great, it saved me for power and I show here shortly how it works. Just like a cap! Here is the mission of my spaceship called "Double Trouble". Yes as you can see its 10 degrees tilted off towards the southeast. Easy way to get there too during ascent and an upcoming contract issue. 5...4...3...2...1... blastoff!!! Start of the orbit. No problem to get above 75,000m! Over half way there for a 1 hour ride. Electricity is dropping fast tho. The Capacitor and trouble!! Everything done, time to go home! Sizer Kerman had fun in space, she'll tell her friends about it. oohhh, dont forget to deploy the heat shield! Home sweet home. Not bad for 25,000 kerbucks and a point of rep. Between Kerbal construction time, Kerbalism and extra contract packages, this game gets very challenging if not real life like as well. I would also recommend getting KRASH too. It sets up a simulation for your test before a final build, so KCT does not get bogged down building things and waiting. Like I said, more realistic.
  13. Well, (and I'm about to date myself), when I was in school in a very early intro to computers (high school), one of the assignments was to write a program which would take a birth date and print out the expected retirement date. Suffice to say if I were to do that, I'd be retiring sometime in the not so near (but not far) future
  14. Yes, that's a pity Hopefully the author will recompile it for 1.8.x
  15. The original stock aero was ridiculously bad. FAR was a good workaround for anybody who cared. The new aero is still not correct but much better. It's not as immersion-breaking as it used to be. I still like FAR because it still does a better job at making things that look aerodynamic act aerodynamic.
  16. Today
  17. It's living in my wishlist along with Rimworld and a few others. As the company I worked for closed their doors leaving me unemployed at 60, with a rare skillset in a dying market, they must remain there until I regain gainful employment. I've had Oxygen Not Included since a few days after it's early access launch. I've had KSP since the 0.13 days. So I have a deeper fondness for it for similar reasons to KSP.
  18. I was postponing the purchase of space engineers or kerbal space program as i found free destiny 2 same about the solar system it is free to download but takes 79 gb so it much of the hard disk which i can use i paused as i reckon space engineer maybe better for the drive as the problem is that i do not have working laptopt or computer as 2 of my laptops has the stage of operating system so i can use steam only at shelters computer unless i will have 50 -40 pound to reinstall the system or try to do it by myself. I resumed the destiny 2 as the process of purchasing the space engineers will take some time and costs 15,49 as i saw kerbal space programs in the past for 6,49 or sth like there are also cd keys at ebays fcheaper but i would check 2-3 times them before the purchase. there is also free warframe same about solar system but less space i started downlaod before the space engineer or kerbal space program. much love:>
  19. In this situation, is it appropriate to train a telescope on the station? It's not like that other time--I'm only looking at the sky. No, officer, I really am an astronomer! My name isn't Tom! Anyway, seriously, @GungaDin, there are mods that will spawn new Kerbals for you if you leave male and female crew on vessels and stations that have the right amount of space and other amenities, but not in the stock game.
  20. Just to be clear, it's only a problem in 1.8.x when KS3P beta build is installed. Using 1.7.x with KS3P beta build is fine. Using TU in 1.8.x alone is fine too.
  21. So according to the Artemis wiki page, Artemis 7 is penciled in for 2028 as a Block 1B crew mission. That means no cheaper SLS is possible for almost 10 years. That's at a cadence of 1 per year starting in 2024. https://www.space.com/nasa-orders-more-boeing-sls-rockets-for-moon.html The contract announced a couple months ago was for 10 core stages. So we should see the number for that be really surprisingly cheap (just the core stage) if the 800M$ number is true---because the average price for all the SLS launches after #3 (already paid for I think) will include 508M for engines for #4, and a billion for #5, and 500M + whatever 2 RS-25Es finally cost. And that also needs to include EUS (which must each cost more than ICPS). That basically leaves something like 500M$ (800M minus 300M for both the EUS and SRBS)for each core stage, including engines. So we have 10 SLS, and let's say the RS-25E somehow comes down to 100M$ each (the first 6 being 250M each, this seems like a reasonable round number). We have 5.008B$ in RS-25s for 10 more. So even with new engines, cheaper than both the "cheaper" new engines, and the "so cheap" refurbs (127M/ea), the following 10 after SLS 3 will still each have over 500M$ worth of RS-25s on them. Somehow, they also need to add the EUS, and all the assembly costs, plus the SRBs, and only spend on average 300M$ to reach that number. Even should they do this, they are not adding in any program costs, which at 2/year should add about another billion per launch (I'm assuming 20% of their program cost is not directly for SLS, feel free to make it 50%, that still adds 625M to each SLS). Am I missing something?
  22. I cannot do this with the propeller engine, turbo shaft, etc
  1. Load more activity