All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Congratulations on completing the Jool 5 Challenge on level 2! I liked the robustness of your lander, but was the most impressed by the extra-mile you put in by recovering the lander from Kerbin orbit. Another thing to note, adding the separate imgur albums for more technical screenshots was extremely useful. (Also that launch stage was pretty epic looking.) Adding you to the leaderboard now!
  3. Most impressive! Especially the lander recovery!
  4. Hi I'm having the same problem, version checker gets stuck, started happening with 1.4.1 Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Um3gLXGhFXAXhC4ZSeiVYwl_8lS3HPk/view?usp=sharing I see error like this don't know if it's related [ERR 17:57:12.950] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null [ERR 17:57:12.950] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null [ERR 17:57:12.950] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers Thanks for your time and contributions!
  5. I spend most of my time in Notepad++ working on my KOs scripts, but after that it's rockets
  6. Hello, I am lovingly using this wonderful mod, but unfortunately the RA-100 Relay Antenna's second small light is not compatible with the @Nertea's ReStock mod. I know It's been asked about before, and @Tonka Crash and @Avera9eJoe were talking about it here, but I couldn't see any solutions or workarounds in conclusion. Is there any way that I can edit some files to disable or move that second small light, only in that particular part? I believe the related file is called "largeRelayDish.cfg" in "GameData\IndicatorLights\Parts\antennas" and I'm guessing that the mentioned light is defined by these values; Would it be OK if I removed all of the above part? Would I have to edit anything else? Also, would it still work if I moved the "largeRelayDish.cfg" file into my "Personal Tweaks" folder, so I wouldn't have to redo or lose it in case of an update? I would much appreciate any help or guidance about this issue and thanks in advance...
  7. yes only appear in AVC 1.4.1, I believe that is something related with the link use by AVC to check the release, when that link don't exist any more, or don't exist yet , that probably might happen only for development releases? Was easy to replicate the scenario, after update AVC from 1.4.0.3 to 1.4.1 I will pack it now. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua4q56y9hesinzf/Player.log?dl=0
  8. I may be missing something, but just updated to 1.8.1 and still having the issue that all the parts are there, but I can't seem to drop them into the container inventory. Basic SC-62 under a MK 1 pod just to test. Can't drop wrench, KIS manual, or anything else into the container. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  9. Theoretically with proper materials that has super insulating properties? Sure. There is no way in hell that I would personally fund this or want anybody to try this. The risks are just too high.
  10. Not only are both of us busy with school, but the home system isn't the top priority right now. We want to release our updated NK system, then the Kepsilon Kirilani System, then the home system. Judging by how long we take on each system, I can tell you it's 100% impossible for us to have a home system by New Year's, even if it was top priority
  11. Is it possible for human to survive atmospheric reentry in free-fall? Most manned reentry capsule in use has blunt body shape with heat shield, with the crew inside seated in specific position in order for them to survive the massive G-force during reentry. Now here's the scenario: 1. Assume that the person is wearing a space suit/ space marine/ power armor/ whatever that's strong enough to survive atmospheric reentry 2. There's no joint lock on the suit, the limbs are free to move during the reentry. There's no main thrusters in the suit, but there's RCS thrusters like those found in the space suit 3. There's parachute and airbrake flaps that could be used once in-atmosphere at safe altitude and velocity Now assuming that this guy starts at suborbital trajectory and just about to enter the atmosphere, assuming this guy only have this suit and nothing else (reentry angle at 45°), would it be better to position his body with arms tucked back like those in skydiving? Or spread his arms and legs like flying squirrel? What's the effect of G-force from reentry on human body on positions like that, especially when not seated like those in proper reentry capsules Oh and the last, this is unrelated, but assuming we have the suit like this, does the KSP stunt of "strap the heat shield on your back and pray to god you'll make it through" possible to do in real life?
  12. I'm well aware of this Quite possible, yes. Yeah, big bug hunt, you mentioned earlier. As I said: I just found it pretty odd and thought to let you know, that's all
  13. Despite what it seems like, i have never actually done any manned moho mission ever, not even landed on moho in any way whatsoever, so good job getting there and back so early into the game. About overengineering stuff, i tend to do that in kindof the opposite way to most people, as i dont feel like "more boosters" really fit with my personality very much. Instead i tend to focus on effective upperstages and multi layered gravity assists. (I really like the near future mod that adds more ion engines and stuff) I also overengineer on my gravity assists and flight plans, i also use the principia mod for n-body gravity as that makes orbits so much more interesting in my opinion. So one can say that i overengineer my orbits instead of overengineering my rockets.
  14. BD Armory & North Kerbin Dynamics... for Supremacy needs
  15. I need the Player.log, not the KSP.log Your problem is in Kopernicus
  16. Unfortunately I don't have the that file log any more, just that piece that I saved to my self as know-problem (how to solve it), once I reverted back AVC. I can re-create again the problem, give me some minutes
  17. Version 1.2 is released! GITHUB DOWNLOAD (43k Users) | SPACEDOCK DOWNLOAD (2K/4K/8K Users) What to expect: Settings tweaked on 2k/4k/8k Kerbin clouds. They should look a lot better now in low orbit compared to 1.0. 43k Users do not need to update at this time if they don't wish to. 43k Settings and Textures are now included in the new Github download link, so new users who wish to try out 43k can go there directly. What's next? The next phase of the mod that I am going to focus on as time goes on is some reworks of all the bodies from the perspective of ground and atmospheric activity. What does that mean? Well, in developing the mod I focused mainly on on-orbit visuals as opposed to what things look like from the surface. Some bodies, like Kerbin and Duna, already are more or less where I want them to be as I had to rebuild their scatterer settings multiple times during development, which required me to be on the ground. Essentially, each body will get the same treatment with the end goal being a very consistent visual look regardless of what kind of flight regime you happen to be in. And to make that update fun, I'll also be including some secret easter eggs on some of the planets that will naturally add to their beauty, but will also just be neat for you guys to find. ============================== Some notes and thoughts on performance So lately I've been getting a lot of questions and general feedback in regards to the performance of the mod. So I thought I'd take some time to address these things in bulk: On 43k Clouds: The first thing that should be made clear about the 43k clouds is that it is not a single, gigantic 43k texture (the 43k name is more just to describe what you're getting). For one, KSP wouldn't be able to load a texture that large. And for two, having it be a monolithic texture would be a waste of resources anyway given that EVE is capable of providing cubemapping, which essentially is stitching several textures together to make a larger one. So, when you download the 43k clouds, what you are getting is a 16k texture that is then surrounded by several 10k textures. Doing this allows for the same level of detail the monolithic 43k texture would have (as you don't have to cram the entire texture into a single image), but with a greatly reduced impact to RAM and even performance. So much so, is this impact reduced, that I'm fairly certain most are greatly overestimating the impact these clouds would have on their own systems. I have personally tested these same clouds on a GTX 780, 1060, and 1080. All of which had zero issues running the 43k clouds. Even running the clouds alone never produced any noticeable impact to performance (as most should know, KSP is bottlenecked by the CPU, and any mid-high end GPU should not have an issue with a handful of high resolution textures). Simply put, if you can run JNSQ and/or AVP already with plenty of RAM for more (I have 16gb in my system, and I can easily run this on top of JNSQ itself, alongside huge mods like BDB, Tantares, all of Nerts mods, and a whole lot more), then there is zero reason that you shouldn't be able to run the 43k clouds, and, in my opinion, zero reason for you -not- to run them. On the Point of 43k Clouds: There has also been a question of why you would want 43k clouds. First answer, because they're awesome. And second, because they provide the best possible quality in low orbits. Many visual mods, in my opinion, step too far back from their visuals to judge their quality, meaning that they often base their visuals on what the planet looks like from a high orbit or just plain far away. The problem I have with that, is simply that this ends up turning the up close visuals to mush, no matter how great the visuals may be from a distance. This is simply a result of how the game and EVE itself works, and a low orbit (in JNSQ I consider low orbit over Kerbin to be 120km) is where the visuals of any mod is going to be at their worst. Thus, I design with the idea that the visuals should look best in low orbit first, and best everywhere else second. As my extensive screenshots have shown, a low orbit over Kerbin is a fantastic thing to look at when you use the 43k clouds. The clouds themselves are crisp and fun to look at, and the detailing provided by AVP's own detail textures only enhances the effect. Are they potentially high impact on systems? Sure why not. It is a number of still very large textures after all. But with every increase in resolution you go to from the lowly 2k option on up the 43k, you get -that- much more fidelity. And IDK about anyone else, but when I spend time on a space station, I don't want to look down at blurry mush. On general performance: The mod is ultimately still a work in progress; as noted above I am starting the process of reworking the entire system quite literally from the ground up, and with this will come some pretty heavy optimizations in regards to volumetrics (The beginnings of which should already be present on Kerbin in 1.0) which are the only part of the mod that are particularly difficult to run well even in high end systems. But here's the thing, from the very beginning, this mod was never intended for people who run KSP on a toasters and potatoes. Sorry, not sorry. As such, its important to remember that just because the mod may be hard to run in places doesn't mean that it is unoptimized or what have you, and that will become more true as time goes on.
  18. Hi guys, no excuses high performance yesterday I had bad mood but today no excuses, high performance, keep the level https://rocketlaunches.webnode.com/siemensnx-elonmusksoftware/ > new designs What do you think about them ? Still not advanced like new shepherd (Bezos's ) elon musk inventions or even Russians, Chinese or hindu but at least it is progress and development. I should receive 9th the dhp award(40 pound)or if not another payment on 11th so one of the first purchases will be the rocket set for 25 pound and the kerbal space program (6.49 pound) so plans are defined, program is established to not be behind. I could try to pruchse the space program today through the debit card as I could buy bus ticket today even I have debts but I will see.
  19. Hello @linuxgurugamer, I had a similar problem but with another addon, just revert AVC to previous version and the fatal error disappear, and all passed to work again. [EXC 08:46:18.056] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inheritedOnly) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0) System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inherit) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inherit) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0) Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LogAggregatorWorker.Awake () (at <43925e5df7384f65ae8becc1a75e2d03>:0) UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type) AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup) AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup) <LoadObjects>d__89:MoveNext() UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) <CreateDatabase>d__70:MoveNext() UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) GameDatabase:StartLoad() <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext() UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) LoadingScreen:Start() Cheers.
  20. If it's specific to that part, there may be an issue with the part. I'd have to look at it, and I'm rather busy right now with my bug hunt of game-crashing bugs. Note that Dr. Jet's Chop Shop is not listed as being 1.8 compatible, I'm going to take 5 minutes to look at it
  21. No, use the previous version, you can find it in the previous thread (listed in the first line of the OP) I don't play RSS, I can't answer that. Review the previous thread, you may find an answer there
  22. You can find my log file here https://gofile.io/?c=qAAV3l While I report this issue I also want to make a note on a couple of more; 1- Regardless of the latest version, if you leave KSP loading by itself and do not click OK or Close button on the error / info boxes as they come along, when you get to the main menu after loading, the first and the one beneath all error boxes is not clickable and it stays in the middle of the screen, even if you load a game, go to any of the Space Center buildings (VAB, RC etc). This is not a gamebreaker and the window can be closed by pressing ESC, but I wanted to let you know. Ok, I'm a bit puzzled. First you say it hangs, and then you say it eventually gets to the main menu. Please explain this. Repeating what @blowfish says: "Nothing to do with AVC"
  23. Pebble Bed Question: When I use the Pebble Bed reactor in an SSTO, it starts at full power, and then loses power as I fly until it is at less than 50% of the original power. I have enough radiators according to the thermal manager. Career mode. What am I doing wrong? Images of the thermal manager and the SSTO: https://imgur.com/a/nf1u6Dp
  24. Buenas dias everybody! I think today is a great time to continue the saga of What Goes Up! So without further ado I present: WHAT GOES UP: CHAPTER 14 There's propellant in them thar craters! Preliminary samples of South Pole crater geological cores revealed a fairly substantial amount of water ice among the regolith. With the prospect of a near infinite (for their purposes) supply of propellant already significantly outside the Kerbin gravity well, CSAC mission planners on the Duna program were ecstatic! Headquarters immediately fastracked a pair of pressurized rovers to be delivered to the South Pole crater, and the launch campaign for Odyssey 2 began! Owing to their sheer bulk both rovers designated PMR 1 and PMR 2 were launched aboard an SLS Mark II where they met their awaiting tugs for transfer to the Mun Depot. One at a time, PMR 1 and 2 were bolted to the bottom of an awaiting Reusable Mun Lander and brought down to the surface. And each time the RML transferred back up to the Mun Depot to be refueled and reused, basically having already paid for itself by virtue of not having to launch dedicated landers for every payload! On a crisp night, the crew of Odyssey 2 piled into their Hercules capsule and launched up to meet their awaiting Hermes Mark II heavy tug. Today they brought with them the Hercules Mission Module, additional living and storage space for the long trip to the Mun. After another successful transfer the crew of Odyssey 2 settled in for the long trip out to the Mun. They raved about the additional space afforded to them by the HMM, and it was decided to be included on all future Odyssey missions. After a good docking and transfer over to the crewed Mun lander, Odyssey 2 made their way down to the Munar South Pole, landing a few hundred meters away from the awaiting PMRs. Piling into the rover, the crew conducted a survey of the surrounding peaks to search for a Peak Of Eternal Light. These prominences with near constant sunlight would be the site of the South Pole Extended Research Module, Kerbalkind's first permanent home on another world. And on mission surface day 4, the prime candidate was discovered and christened Mt. Odyssey. With survey work done, additional samples collected and postcard photos taken, the crew of Odyssey 2 piled into their lander. Firing up the engines they made a successful rendezvous with the Mun Depot. One transfer burn and a few days of waiting later the crew reentered Kerbin's atmosphere and returned home safely! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well that's a long one. Hope y'all enjoy it! Things are starting to move along in the great reusable space program. So stay tuned for another chapter of What Goes Up!
  1. Load more activity