All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

The user below me...

nope. TUBM has a planet in their profile pic or location.
  3. Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

[FORUM GAME] Rate the avatar of the person above you.

5/10 for insulting my meme, but having the cool spacesuit...
  4. TheRandomGuy1029

The Ramjet Challenge

Build a craft that can get to orbit using only Turbo Ramjets, LV-T45's, and NERV engines to get to orbit.
  5. Ratwerke_Actual

Eve Ascent for three Kerbals

https://youtu.be/w5YgAFebkpA You are welcome to any ideas from my rig.... I had higher standards, e.g. 3kerbals, Hab unit, and Kerbin return vehicle, all launched from the beach. This thing did a 30ton payload to orbit launch, so it's overkill for your mission. Sadly the only vid I kept was the bad gravity turn version. But one run got to orbit on 5100m/s Δv. Get some research done on using crossed and fuel prority settings to stage without fuel lines.
  6. Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

Triop's Adventures

YEAH STAIRS!
  7. DoktorKrogg

[1.3] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

A pull request for the Atlas parts has been submitted and the models are done. The converters and their recipes have all been setup. We just need to make a second pass over them to iron out all the other fiddly details like mass, cost, attach nodes, names, descriptions, etc. The converters in the 10m domes worked out to be roughly equivalent to the converters in the Tundra parts in terms of throughput. The big difference is that there are 6 bays instead instead of 2 or 3. The 20m domes also have 6 bays and thus have substantially more throughput per converter. I'm not going to make promises on @RoverDude's behalf but the goal is to put out a beta release for both the Atlas parts and WOLF for KSP 1.7. Could be days, might be weeks, probably not months. It really just comes down to his schedule. Some more notes on the Atlas parts: We added some "shortcut" recipes that will allow to do things like make MatKits directly from MetallicOre, Minerals and Substrate, bypassing the intermediate conversion to Metals, Chemicals and Polymers. For the first time, we will have swappable, multi-bay USI-LS parts. What this means is that you could have a starter dome that's setup to perform all life support functions (i.e. habitation, recycling, med bay, life support extender, etc.). Then later, when you're ready to grow your colony with additional domes, you could have one dome dedicated to each function. A 20m dome with all 6 bays set to Habitation will provide almost 2,000 kerbal months! Side note: This is the reason we had to change the way converters work. We wouldn't have been able to do this previously. The 10m domes will seat 12 kerbals and the 20m domes will seat a whopping 96! Anyone want to make an IVA for the 20m dome...? Anyone? This is all subject to change which is why we're waiting to include it in the beta release we put out for W.O.L.F. We may add bays, remove bays, add recipes, remove recipes, add crew capacity, remove crew capacity... who knows.
  8. KerbolExplorer

Make a fake KSP mod.

The OOF mod Every sounds is replaced by the roblox death sound
  9. Reading past the woo-woo hype, it seems like they have found a novel way to get thermal energy to act like other potential energy. Normally it would violate the laws of thermodynamics for a weight to move up against a gravitational field without an external force, but when we use a pendulum it happens. The key is that you start the weight from an even higher position. As it swings down the energy transforms into another type (mgh -> mv^2) and back again (mv^2 -> mgh). With this device, it appears that the heat energy between a hot object and room temperature transforms into another type of energy (probably electrical potential?) and then that energy transforms back again -- except that instead of using it to reheat the initial input like a pendulum swings back up, they use it to further cool the initial input. It doesn't violate physics or thermodynamics any more than a pendulum does.
  10. Triop

Triop's Adventures

We need some small adjustments . . . . But YEAH! STAIRS DUDE !
  11. Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

Jeb's Journals

Hey Everyone! This series now has a Discord, and soon I will be creating the first of several polls about some major twists... or maybe just names! You can join the Discord here. All of you who join will be appreciated immensely!
  12. roboslacker

What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Early this morning, I got home from my vacation to Connecticut. The vacation was mostly nice, but being around my younger cousins made me feel old, and I'm too young to feel old. It's nice to be back home where things are quiet and I know where things are kept. I also found out today about Touhou 17.
  13. Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

Triop's Adventures

OH YEAH!
  14. kerbiloid

King of the Hill

It rolls. The sticked you can't escape... World on its own
  15. RealKerbal3x

[1.7] Water Launch Sites (2019-04-22)

Nice! I’ll be sure to give it a go!
  16. That John

[1.7.0-1 + Backports] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

I do. Maybe that's the problem. But... it's okay to remove Scatterer, since I also have EVE and I hope that EVE doesn't affect Kittopia while still giving some kind of view beauty. EDIT: Uninstalled Scatterer, KittopiaTech worked! Thanks!
  17. thanks man as usual we let you know where something might taking a wrong turn, which is not very often either, and you get it fixed.
  18. Jack Joseph Kerman

Make RTG units have halflife

I’m honestly all for adding decay to RTGs. Currently, as they stand, they are a free source of power with virtually zero downsides, apart from a rather high cost in career (which even then isn’t really an issue because of how late in the game you unlock them) Adding such a downside to RTGs for long missions could give players more incentive to use things such as fuel cells, which I currently forget even exist most of the time because of how overshadowed they are by RTGs and solar panels.
  19. OhioBob

[1.7.0-1 + Backports] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

There is no in-game UI for Kopernicus. For KittopiaTech it's Ctrl + P. Regarding KittopiaTech not working... do you have scatterer installed? KittopiaTech won't open for me when scatterer is installed.
  20. Triop

Triop's Adventures

Reaching for the stars stairs
  21. Again thanks a lot for your ideas. Sadly none of them gave the intended results. I tried to screenshot every case: https://imgur.com/a/rDp1YwH More and more I think @Foxster is right that I need to choose a higher start position. On the other hand in my last tries I already selected positions on midlands or highlands biome. I also think, that @Laie is right, that I should start the gravity turn earlier with the original craft. However I have no idea, when this earlier should be. Everytime I tried a gravity turn with the Vector stage I ended up with a flipping rocket, loosing velocity. I tried at 10km and 20km . Adding a fin (see screenshots) didn't work since some of the fins disapeared during reentry ): Any ideas? Regards, Johannes.
  22. RealKerbal3x

Fun with the JV-6 "Vito" VTOL Assist Jet

@Snark I understand your reasoning...not everyone wants everything bundled together. Now that I think of it, having a bunch of random parts together in a single mod always annoys me, so I have to prune parts out. But, if you’re going to make more of these you could always do what other modders have done and release them as ‘modlets’ in a single thread, so people can pick and choose what they want.
  23. FloppyRocket

Kerpollo - A Full Science Career In 9 Parts

Progress (or lack thereof) update: I'm in "All about Eve" mode. Never been there before, so I've got a lot to learn. I'm currently experimenting with lander designs in a Sandbox game. Right now I have a tall/skinny lander doing very gentle aerobraking passes, losing about 2 m/s per orbit. It is a very slow process.
  24. Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

Triop's Adventures

#TRIOPTOSTAIRS yes.
  1. Load more activity