All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Likewise... I went from 1.25m empties up to even 2.5m empties as 'pontoons' and it barely had my cockpit out of the water. :-\
  3. Congratulation for discovering that orbits around L2 are unstable. I invite you to consult Wikipedia for details about this instead of trusting what you remember reading. Note that "12th generation i5" covers a broad variety of processors, including both desktops and laptops, so it's impossible to say if that's a good choice for Principia. In general the more cores, the better. Also, we recommend destroying debris and disabling the asteroids as they burn CPU for little value.
  4. It always amuses me when people forget that all humans are born as self-centered sociopaths, and only through socializing do we learn to reciprocate, cooperate, and all of the other 'virtues' of humanity. Learning to read does not help one come to the realization that all of those 'humanoid interaction devices' are actually just as self-aware as oneself, each with their own views and understanding of the world that suffers from ones own, and just as valid(I can think of many so called adults that do not get this, sadly. Many of them using such ivory tower thinking that humans start as an effective blank slate that can be shaped as they like) And being raised by robots would not improve this situation.
  5. This. "Natural" systems appear by themselves. "Unnatural" systems must be imposed with force. At scale, we already knows which happen by itself. If King Cnut makes markets illegal along with the tide, he creates black markets (and the tide keeps coming as well). Because that's not interesting.
  6. Finally a big youtuber is speaking out. I've been saying the same thing for months, but I have like 5 subs. It is ridiculously short-sighted to not fix issues that impede video making. Right now, Matt Lowne and the rest of the KSP youtubers are doing free marketing for Take Two. I put up with the bugs because I can pause making my videos at any time, but if you have an upload schedule, KSP2 is silly to attempt to make videos with. Oh and with regards to communication, we aren't getting any because we are still engaging. It feels like the powers that be think this forum is like a youtube comment section. TT isn't afraid some of us are upset. They show us to their shareholders and say "You can't hate something you don't love". Take Two is excrements scared of people not caring at all. If we really want communication, we need to organize a boycott of Reddit and Dischord. Lol, a man can dream!
  7. Chapter 1, Part 1: Project Polaris (Writing this while rewatching The Martian to get me in the mood) Well, we have to start somewhere. I kicked off this save with the start of the Kerbal Aeronautics and Space Administration (how original) and the launch of Valiant 1, the first satellite. No pictures, unsurprisingly, but it was basically Explorer I. Just a stick with a thermometer and some antennae. A little while later I launched Valiant 2 and 3 to higher orbits, this time with a BAROMETER! Next began the Polaris program, basically Mercury, with Polaris 1, 2, and 3. Jeb, Bill and Stedzon Kerman. made short suborbital hops on top of Minerva ballistic missiles and became the first kerbals in space. Again, no pictures due to my own lack of foresight the launchpad cameras being destroyed (sorry there will be more pictures in the future). Polaris 1, 2, and 3 were a complete success (despite a brief scare with the retropack on numero dos), and so I decided to scrap the planned fourth suborbital flight and instead move straight to orbital missions, starting with Val going up on Polaris 4. This I DO have pictures of, albeit only two*. Val's Polaris-Hermes rocket ascending. I was quite proud of this rocket, especially the Atlas-style skirt. Val made it through the lethal mildly turbulent ascent on her death chariot Hermes rocket, transmitted her thoughts on the nature of the cosmos (which were promptly inserted into a burn bag), took a few temperature and pressure readings, then fired her retropack after five orbits and came home. Bathtime for Val Kerman (that is in fact all the pictures I have from the Polaris program) After another complete success, I decided to try squeeze a little more performance out of the Hermes in the hopes of getting data from higher orbits. Just small relatively unseen stuff, like outboard fuel tanks surrounding the turbopump, lightening the retropack, y'know. And apparently, I tried my hand at messing with the staging. This had predictable results on Polaris 4, and resulted in Bob getting the 15G ride of his life on the LES tower after a very short mission before landing a few hundred yards from the beach. I'd imagine he wasn't too happy with this. Sorry Bob. Back to the drawing board. After fixing the staging, Polaris 5 went up with Agary. The non-staging-related improvements juiced the Hermes booster enough to get an apoapsis of over 300 kilometers. She tested out an early SCANsat scanner before coming back again. At this stage, however, I was getting a little bored, and there wasn't much else I could do with Polaris. So, I decided that Polaris 6 with Bob again (yay compensation) would be the last mission in the program. Bob lifted off from the Tundra Missile Range on a Hermes. Once he was in orbit, he burned the upgraded Hermes core stage again to increase the apoapsis to higher than ever before. He got some high-above-Kerbin science before coming back down again. And so ended the Polaris program. Coming up next: Probing the Mun and the Antares capsule! *Keen eyed readers will notice that these screenshots have been seen before in the What Did You Do in KSP Today thread.
  8. That's what I was wondering last night too... I occasionally managed to get (and stay) airborne from a water-launch but had (slightly) more success lifting off from the runway and then gliding down to the water just beyond the runway to see if I could survive a water landing. /summon BuoyancyMasters
  9. Today
  10. Here is my take on it. I really struggled to build something that actually floats. How do you normally do that? Does the physics engine event allow/support this?
  11. Much more complicated than I realized. Woolly sheet. So apparently they are executing the chip code on another processor now with lots of new jumps to the scattered code chunks. Extremely impressive given the constraints Much more complex than switching SCE to AUX
  12. I already made them... they're online here: HabTech2/GameData/HabTech2 at master · benjee10/HabTech2 (github.com) But it seems that Benjee didn't release a new update since then. (By the way -> I did also modify the existing ones which were more for the old versions ... and I also added files for other mods that I made like the Connection System and DockingPort Next and those things.)
  13. Nvm I got it. This is a truly awesome mod, perhaps the best if I'm judging by the sheer technical/coding ability required to make one. I'm playing with this mod in KSRSS, with BetterTimeWarp, and Kerbalism. Few questions I wanted to ask the good people here: 1) I managed to send a probe to Earth-Moon L2; and the orbit seems to be unstable? It requires course corrections roughly every 14 days... I remember reading that orbits around the Lagrange points are very stable orbits, so I'm not sure what gives? Is this a problem because of the rescale of the real solar system or is it because of something else? 2) The game seems to hang when I warp. It does so for a second or two and then returns to normal. Is this because of the vast (I presume) number of calculations going on the backend? I do have a fairly modern processor (12th gen i5) so I thought it should run smoothly... or is this to be expected? 3) When making a new flightplan and adding maneuvers; the framerate drops for ~30 seconds or so before returning to normal. Not sure what is causing this. Again, not meant as a knock on the mod creators, I actually love this mod, but I just want to understand a few things. https://imgur.com/a/0gQPIGi https://imgur.com/a/cRtdGii https://imgur.com/a/mmM9HFZ
  14. whoops - posted before reading closely. womp. People with the fin issues - has anyone uploaded a log file?
  15. update, I find the IR config but is only for canadarm 1 . . /////Canadarm 1 elbow joint servo @PART[ht_C1_elbow]:NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries] { @description,0 = Powered by Infernal Robotics - Next. This elbow joint can rotate 180 degrees back on itself. @MODEL { @model = htRobotics/Parts/ht_C1_elbowIR } -NODE[TopJoint] {} -NODE[BottomJoint] {} -MODULE[ModuleRoboticServoHinge] {} node_stack_top = -0.0934, 0.1909, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1 node_stack_bottom = -0.0934, -0.1909, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1 MODULE { name = ModuleIRServo_v3 servoName = KerboArm1 Elbow axis = 0, 0, 1 pointer = 1, 0, 0 fixedMesh = armElbow_base movingMesh = armElbow_top isRotational = True hasMinMaxPosition = True minPosition = -180 maxPosition = 0 isFreeMoving = False electricChargeRequired = 2.5 isInverted = False isLocked = False canHaveLimits = True hasPositionLimit = False minPositionLimit = -180 maxPositionLimit = 0 factorAcceleration = 2 maxAcceleration = 2 accelerationLimit = 1 factorSpeed = 2 maxSpeed = 2 speedLimit = 1 factorForce = 35 maxForce = 30 forceLimit = 30 zeroNormal = 0 zeroInvert = 0 presetsS = -180.0|-90.0|0.0 availableModeS = Servo|Control //invertSymmetry = False soundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/infernalRoboticMotor // Motor loop sound path } } /////Canadarm 1 pitch joint servo @PART[ht_C1_pitch]:NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries] { @description,0 = Powered by Infernal Robotics - Next. This servo joint provides low torque rotation along the pitch axis up to 90 degrees in either direction. @MODEL { @model = htRobotics/Parts/ht_C1_pitchJointIR } -NODE[TopJoint] {} -NODE[BottomJoint] {} -MODULE[ModuleRoboticServoHinge] {} node_stack_top = 0, 0.1751, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1 node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.1871, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1 MODULE { name = ModuleIRServo_v3 servoName = KerboArm1 Pitch Joint axis = 0, 0, 1 pointer = 1, 0, 0 fixedMesh = armPitchJoint_base movingMesh = armPitchJoint_top isRotational = True hasMinMaxPosition = True minPosition = -90 maxPosition = 90 isFreeMoving = False electricChargeRequired = 2.5 isInverted = False isLocked = False canHaveLimits = True hasPositionLimit = False minPositionLimit = -90 maxPositionLimit = 90 factorAcceleration = 2 maxAcceleration = 2 accelerationLimit = 1 factorSpeed = 2 maxSpeed = 2 speedLimit = 1 factorForce = 35 maxForce = 30 forceLimit = 30 zeroNormal = 0 zeroInvert = 0 presetsS = -90.0|0.0|90.0 availableModeS = Servo|Control //invertSymmetry = False soundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/infernalRoboticMotor // Motor loop sound path } } /////Canadarm 1 rotational servo @PART[ht_C1_rotator]:NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries] { @description,0 = Powered by Infernal Robotics - Next. This servo allows a full 360 degrees of rotation axially. @MODEL { @model = htRobotics/Parts/ht_C1_rotatorIR } -NODE[TopJoint] {} -NODE[BottomJoint] {} -MODULE[ModuleRoboticRotationServo] {} node_stack_top = 0, 0.0209, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1 node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.0209, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1 MODULE { name = ModuleIRServo_v3 servoName = KerboArm1 Rotator axis = 0, 1, 0 pointer = 1, 0, 0 fixedMesh = armRotator_base movingMesh = armRotator_top isRotational = True hasMinMaxPosition = False minPosition = -360 maxPosition = 360 isFreeMoving = False electricChargeRequired = 2.5 isInverted = False isLocked = False canHaveLimits = True hasPositionLimit = False minPositionLimit = -360 maxPositionLimit = 360 factorAcceleration = 2 maxAcceleration = 2 accelerationLimit = 1 factorSpeed = 2 maxSpeed = 2 speedLimit = 1 factorForce = 35 maxForce = 30 forceLimit = 30 zeroNormal = 0 zeroInvert = 0 presetsS = -180.0|0.0|180.0 availableModeS = Servo|Control //invertSymmetry = False soundFilePath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/infernalRoboticMotor // Motor loop sound path } } this is the config, now the question is is there a way to add the config for only that piece of the kerboarm 2??? this is the CFG of the kerboarm 2 . . PART { name = ht_canadarm2_servo module = Part author = Benjee10 rescaleFactor = 1 TechRequired = advConstruction entryCost = 1200 cost = 100 category = Robotics subcategory = 0 title = KerboArm2 Servo Joint manufacturer = HabTech Consortium description = This servo allows a full 360 degrees of rotation. // attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0 mass = 0.06 dragModelType = default maximum_drag = 0.2 minimum_drag = 0.2 angularDrag = 1 crashTolerance = 12 breakingForce = 200 breakingTorque = 200 maxTemp = 2000 // = 5000 bulkheadProfiles = size1 tags = habtech, robot, arm, canadarm2, kerboarm, rotate, hinge, servo, motor, move, MODEL { model = htRobotics/Parts/ht_canadarm2_servo } NODE { name = TopJoint transform = actuatorTopNode size = 1 } NODE { name = BottomJoint transform = actuatorSideNode size = 1 } MODULE { name = ModuleRoboticRotationServo servoTransformName = actuatorMesh baseTransformName = actuatorBody servoAttachNodes = TopJoint traverseVelocityLimits = 0, 10 hardMinMaxLimits = -180, 180 softMinMaxAngles = -180, 180 targetAngle = 0 mainAxis = Y maxMotorOutput = 200 driveSpringMutliplier = 100 driveDampingMutliplier = 20 motorizedMassPerKN = 0.0001 motorizedCostPerDriveUnit = 1 connectedMassScale = 1 efficiency = 0.75 baseResourceConsumptionRate = 0.01 RESOURCE { name = ElectricCharge rate = 1 } } MODULE { name = ModuleCargoPart packedVolume = 20 } } I really hope that someone can help me
  16. I played until I unlocked the entire tech tree, and had a blast doing so. I'll pick it back up whenever the new update hits. But man, I'll never understand the mindset behind deciding "complete radio silence is better than little bits of info on slow progress"
  17. Long time KSP guy now KSP2 early access guys. I just thought to drop a line that KSP2 Runs lovely on Pop!_OS/steam/wine/proton My system info kindly below. Stay wobbly, fellow kerbonauts! To any toe dippers; give it a try! ///////////// me@hauspc ///////////////////// --------- ///////*767//////////////// OS: Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS x86_64 //////7676767676*////////////// Host: B550 /////76767//7676767////////////// Kernel: 6.8.0-76060800daily20240311-generic /////767676///*76767/////////////// Uptime: 2 days, 1 hour, 45 mins ///////767676///76767.///7676*/////// Packages: 2230 (dpkg), 22 (flatpak), 9 (snap) /////////767676//76767///767676//////// Shell: bash 5.1.16 //////////76767676767////76767///////// Resolution: 2560x1440 ///////////76767676//////7676////////// DE: GNOME 42.5 ////////////,7676,///////767/////////// WM: Mutter /////////////*7676///////76//////////// WM Theme: Pop ///////////////7676//////////////////// Theme: Pop-dark [GTK2/3] ///////////////7676///767//////////// Icons: Pop [GTK2/3] //////////////////////'//////////// Terminal: gnome-terminal //////.7676767676767676767,////// CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G w/ Radeon Graphics(16) @ 4.673GHz /////767676767676767676767///// GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER /////////////////////////// GPU: AMD ATI 07:00.0 Cezanne ///////////////////// Memory: 9684MiB / 31477MiB /////////////
  18. installed it with Habtech 2 stock, the strange think is that the kerboarm 1 (wich is the small one) works, but the kerboarm 2 (the big one on the iss) is not working
  19. How do you stack the droplet radiators? I saw a a post on reddit that has them 1km long but when i put them on top of each other the model doesnt change
  20. Looks like the Canadarm2 servo for me. This one should already have the MM patches for IRn. ... if it doesn't work, then my question would be "What is it? How did you get/install it?"
  21. And a bipropellant second turbine to power the elctric generator.
  22. And that's why we need the Vault-Tek vault network, emulating standalone colonies. By running such experiment, they could develop a proper model of an extraterrestrial colony, and a generation ship. And that was the apocryphal explanation of the whole Vault-Tek aim from the xDlate youtube channel. Also if treat Mars as a backup Earth for the best people, the colony should be/include a protected vault.
  23. So, https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/22/world/voyager-1-communication-issue-cause-fix-scn/index.html Now we know, what the Voyager is working on. Chips & Cola.
  1. Load more activity