All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. In a sense, this is already available to you in-game… Make electricity via KSP 2’s fuel-cells and regardless of demand, they’ll chew through your Methalox reserves: So if you have only batteries, tanks, and fuel-cells, your craft have finite “lives” without resupply. NOT that this is the way I want the fuel cells to function, just that given they are working this way now…
  3. Can you please add disable SAS as an action for this? I want to use this for abort systems, and want to make sure that aerodynamics take over for the pod when trying to separate my escape tower.
  4. Floor 4758: You see the machine which is rotating the Epsilomoon below.
  5. Ignoring the "thing" in the middle: on its left, you can see Mauve Mountain, which has an airport elevation of 6415m. On its right: you can see a flat, square airfield, Eva Firma, which is 5x5 km and elevation 3100m. (No facilites as yet.) Which brings us back to the monstrosity in the centre: Monument Peak Old Smokey. It accommodates a 3 km ruway and has an elevation of 20km. You can see the curvature of Eve from it, looking over the edge. So we know that the "state of the art" is to use propellers to get as high as possible and then single-stage rocket power to go to orbit, delivering a single kerbal with perhaps a packet of smokes. I guesstimated that propellers might get one somewhere close to 20km, before kicking in the rockets. (I figure if it's too high, we'll just bulldoze some of it over the side. ) So, we don't know what the next part of the plan is. It would be good to get an ore loading measurement on top of 'Old Smokey'. So any rocket vehicle that can get from 20km to 90km on Eve, ought to be able to fuel up at Eve Firma and then climb to and land on Old Smokey. Then refuel. It's an SSTO[2], which signifies "Single-Stage, Take-Off twice". Alternatively, a super-charged passenger prop aircraft can ferry pax to the top of Old Smokey and then the SSTO[2] craft can simply ascend to orbit from Old Smokey and return to same. It just has to have wings. Which will be the other side of the too-low (to orbit) equation. How well will wings fly (glide) at 20km on Eve (too-high)? OK, so we still have a lot of work to do. Just call this then a mad, mad, mad, deluded scientific/engineering experiment. As mentioned earlier, my KSC Kommand believes that kerbonnel is the only reasonable "export" from Eve. Not fuel, not equipment; not even science (which can be tele-transferred (albeit for lower points)). 8-10 out at a time would be the jackpot.
  6. Well I have an issue with B9 Parts switch and am sending in the Log to figure out why this is throwing up errors (As it seems to dead with an issue with something called "LFOX" but I'm Wondering what the issue is. Log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/014dhbesnvm9rkv/KSP.log/file So I'm trying to figure out what "LFox" is. Space_Coyote But here's the Log:
  7. Banned for interstellar racism. Thargoids which you are blaming are not bad, they are misunderstood. P.S. Even for intergalactic one. What a shame ban upon you!
  8. Calling 911 because you are the thargoid.
  9. I am going to do the Excelsior in 0.7 and plans for Enterprise D - Galaxy. I already got the model and a new bridge for it. It is also going to be the first model to use but unfortunately, I am limited by time and resources so it'll be a while . My coding/modeling PC died so I'm stuck with a Dell. I ever get the $ for a new PC Development will speed up lol
  10. I did. (Didn't have a floppy disk at hands). Just don't stare long. A blink - and close the eye. Enough to see a round thing, partially obstructing the sun disk, and have its colored image for seconds. When the eye had a rest, repeat with the rest eye, lol. Of course, no optics, and don't focus the eye. But actually, there is nothing to look at. Two round spots, one behind another. So, it isn't worth the discomfort. Only the full eclipse, when the street got dark, was cool (in both senses). You just live among rich people. Anyway, a 1 USD/month would be both free and victory. Giving for low price is better, as people tend to treat free things as trash. But at the same time how many 1 USD things weren't bought online, because you should register on site or bother with online wallets.
  11. Today
  12. The opthalmologists won't be free. Sorry, I still can't get over how people just stare up at the sun to the point of sustained damage.
  13. Crazy, almost desperate idea from WW2 era: doing MEDEVAC on pods mounted on the bomb mounts of a P-38. What could possibly go wrong? (Bombs awa... uh... Whoops.. ) (but it would be a hell of view!) https://aviationhumor.net/experimental-air-ambulance-version-of-the-p-38/
  14. I did state "as a rule". Appreciation and gratitude do, of course, exist. But as exceptions to the rule from all I've seen. If SpaceX had provided filter glasses to all who watched the eclipse for free, few would have appreciated it or the cost or the trouble in making and distributing them. Maybe momentarily, but next eclipse most would be whining for their free glasses expectations and precedent having been set
  15. I've gotta ask, why in the hell did the developers think 'funding', which is one of the fundamental enablers (or hindrances) to real space programs, didn't have a place in the game? I think that was an insane choice on their part and I'm stoked that someone decided to take it on, this will be one of those mods that more or less everyone uses and it'll become such a common part of gameplay that it'll be considered 'essential'. Keep it up!
  16. I do. The total solar eclipse was cool.
  17. Yeah I like the drop down idea with sub saves being saved under a main workspace.
  18. DV calculus were already very questionable in KSP1 with no repeatability even on very simple builds. I have numerous cases about it, like simply changing from Engine A to B and then reverting to A, DV would change sometimes... It's for simple builds. For "complex" (like, just advanced, nothing terrible, really), it won't ever show correct numbers. KSP2 is even worse in every part : it makes the DV totally unusable while mods does it correctly (mostly) for years and years on KSP1. I don't get it.
  19. Im beyond irritated now. Im playing elite dangerous and just spent the last 2 hours retracing steps i took over the two hours or so prior to that. I got killed by Thargoids which is why i had to retrace what I did. But heres the part that made my heart sink just now. I lost not the 4,000,000 credits i thought but that 1 death cost me 2 hours and 10,000,000 credits give or take. I remade the credits so technically only lost the first 2 or so hours but standing in Jameson Memorial staring at my pay out from Vista Genomics a 9,745,000 credit payout (earned another 640k in star system scans) tells me the longer original route had i not died would have net me north of 12m credits…. Fun times. Im gonna go sulk now lol 041404242024
  20. Sweet and awesome, that's a very fast reply! Thank you very much.
  21. I ended up redesigning one of my own SSTO's for the Laythe mission, as I'm not that good of a pilot and wanted to use a plane with more TWR for the bumpy takeoff from Laythe.
  22. I might be late but PLEASE DO BRING OUT THE ENTERPRISE! The Trekdrive one is detailed for sure but IT HAS NO IVA and star trek ships without bridge views are less than interesting.
  1. Load more activity