All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I can confirm that closing MSI Afterburner works! I'm running Afterburner v 4.6.0.14820 as well to overclock my GTX 1070ti, and closing it allows KSP to run normally. There must be some bad interaction between MSI Afterburner and either Unity or specifically KSP. I haven't had any issues in other games, but I don't know what games might be using Unity..
  3. Difficulty is extremely variable, depending on what said mods are intended to do. It's certainly not too difficult, as the plethora of high-quality mods available demonstrates. It would be nothing at all like the mission builder, and orders of magnitude more work. A modding interface would have to include a C# compiler and graphical IDE, a 3D modelling program, and a bunch of Unity glue... You would still have to learn C# and 3D modelling to use it. Dumbing it down to the drag-and-drop graphical lego level of the mission editor would make it totally useless for 99% of the things mods do. We already have VS/Monodevelop, Blender, and the Unity dev tools. If you want to make mods, just use those. A full SDK, no, and you don't need one. KSP exposes APIs for modding, and everything else is the same tools every other Unity game uses.
  4. If the system is released, no new celestials will be added. Only improvements to the existing ones. @Jup the stockchanges are not planned for a while. So I can not answer questions i've even myself not figured out.
  5. So... no gammas, according to the Russian government itself?
  6. I think he's referring to this thread as a whole, Which I'd like to throw my opinion in on. Without Military funding in the real world Space Travel, as well as advanced aerodynamics wouldn't be possible (Or atleast in their infancy at this point in time). Military is the largest research complex in human history. Enjoy one of my side projects guys
  7. Today
  8. haha thanks... im not THAT bad... i hope
  9. I'm looking for any fanfiction in progress to join up with. I can act as an editor, binge writer, confidant, or whatever. My last couple fanfictions have fell through over the last couple years, but I want to stay in the game in order to improve on my writing skills. It's just too risky to start up a new fan fiction because I haven't come up with any good ideas. I'm an improver, not a producer so to speak.
  10. These are kind of related, so I'll address them together. Reusable vehicles are worth it in the sense that reusing the vehicle will immediately bump up the reliability from the second flight onwards. As you keep reusing it, the parts will eventually wear out, but that just means that you replace the part that wore out, the next iteration will be a bit more reliable on it's first flight and then much more reliable on it's second flight again. In essence, you get more bang for your buck for reusing, because the improvements between generations are much slower than the improvements gained by testing. I take your point baldamundo about gaining experience by reusing that can be implemented in future generations, but that's a difficult thing to code. It already does (or it should do anyway).
  11. For the last few days, Kagas has been wringing the neck of the tiny rover. Why she chose to do an Impromptu Elcano is anyone's guess but its started, so it must be finished. Let's watch and see. As normal the links contain the full mission report, but below also are a few key words and some of the better pictures if you don't have long to stop by Mission Log 6 - The Elcano Diaries Impromptu Elcano Stage 2 Kagas pushes the rover over the edge and down the first huge hill. Quickly the speed ramps up to dangerous speeds. Barely avoiding a flip, the valley is spread out below and Kagas levels out just before the next huge drop off. One of the biggest airs of the mission. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Image courtesy ohhhhhhhhhhhhmywordweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee productions. the compression on landing maxes out the suspension of the rover. Kagas pushes onward despite the weird vibrations inside her head. Near the anomaly it seems to get worse and worse. Over the rise, head screaming, Kagas sees the anomaly. It seems to be a monolith. No one actually took this photo. It just appeared in the camera roll. Another tiny floating rock! Large floating rocks don't seem to occur here like they do on Duna. Definitely worthy of a flag. Kasselblad selfie technologytm During an eclipse of Kerbol by Ike, Kagas turns the power off so the batteries don't drain out completely, Image courtesy of C7 Aerospace rovemate selfie technology Kagas makes the decision to get to the nearest high point to get a bigger run up at the dip into the next valley. The Duna land speed record must be broken! A near 30 degree incline tested the capability of the Rovemate M1 wheels traction to the limit. The big drop awaits. Folding in the solar panel for safety, Kagas sends it. The speed is eye watering as Kagas descends down the mountain. Jump after jump at increasingly terrifying speeds occurs. This jump, at 173mph has Kagas thinking she is dead Image camptured by weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-bodobodobodobodobodobodobodobodobo-dyne Further down the hill a new speed record of 188mph on Duna is set by Kagas Kerman. Kagas with grit and determination pushes on past more tiny floating rocks, and eventually arrives at the first sample return site. Kasselblad selfie technologytm Duna Surface Sample Return Probe 1 - The tiny decoupler releases the latches just as the engines fire, releasing the sample return probe. Kagas watches it ascend to the heavens Mobile phone propped up against a rock technology. the next part of the mission is already complete and queued for reporting. Watch this space for an update on the Impromptu Elcano soon! SM
  12. Rather Melange then, should be frequent on Duna ...
  13. Does it? Ever did it? P.S. I keep in mind the Red Dragon which needed to land on Mars...
  14. I think I am gonna go the air-launch route with some kind of prop plane... above 25 km the wolfhound becomes a viable engine choice I think. Especially if it's got some horizontal velocity and modest wings. Not too much higher and pure nuke planes might be viable.
  15. Been stuck in an endless time-loop where I never wrote Chapter XII of We Who Witnessed, but after a lot of procrastination I think I'm good. Chapter should, God willing, be up soon. Man Writer's block sucks.
  16. Oh, so a Crew Dragon on top of the Starship. Just that additional steel platingis used on Crew Dragon. Keep in mind that starship needs to land on Mars. So unless Elon decides that Marsship will replace Starship in going to Mars, Starship will not have wings.
  17. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY TO: KI6: STATION M FROM: AGENT 086 SUBJECT: OPERATION BOOTSTRAP Three recent launches from Krakpotnian Space Center observed. Spacecraft were comprised of Spunk light-weight lifter plus a large relay payload of unknown manufacture. Each launch entered a circular 70km+ LKO under control of direct signal from the Krakpotnian Space Center. It appears then that, at two hour intervals, as the next relay in LKO passed overhead of KSC, it boosted its apoapsis to 2,000km. Thus the rotation of Kerbin itself to turn 120 degrees in each 2-hour period timed the release and angle of each relay into its orbital lobe. The spacing of the orbits is thus set and some initial, albeit intermittent, comms is established for the control of subsequent maneuvers, whenever signal from KSC is available. The following (somewhat dark) shot shows the current relay path (via Bootstrap 1 and thence the KSC) in the top left hover info, confirming that no external ground stations (e.g. Larkes) is being used, which would be subject to enemy jamming at critical junctures. NOTE: the three Spunk boosters are identical types to a number that went missing downrange from Kanaveral Space Center that were to be retrieved from water landings but were nowhere to be found. It appears that while the Krakpotkin/Krakpotnik factions were arguing over their respective schemes to proceed into space, with the program stalled, the Krakpotnian Submarine Service had taken the initiative. A promotion is in the works for young Captain Helvetika Krakpotkin.
  18. Btw, you can also make amphibious vessels, because you can switch autopilot modes on the fly. Of course, land mode will not be working on water and vice versa.
  19. Also it's possible that the Mk2 cockpit acts as a big airbrake when you pitch, and pulls the CoL closer to the front of the craft.
  20. Still not gonna post my face but I have more teasers. Northern Michigan, August 2019.
  21. I read this in another thread, but want to confirm it before I do anything. The assertion was that open docking ports constantly poll for other ports and check distance and lots of them doing this causes performance degradation. So is this true? If so, one of the engineers at Icarus Station is going to hop in the orbital bug that's armed with a flame thrower and start disposing of unnecessary ports.
  22. Thanks! I just found this guy so I didn't know it had been released.
  23. Hi, I reinstalled KSP last week and since then my leftover science from previous missions is lost when i complete a new mission (career mode, plain vanilla). It seems to happen only when I recover my vessel with the orbitalstation. If it is possible to recover the vessel "on screen" (for example near the starting ground), everything is fine. Anybody got a solution for this problem? Thanks!
  24. "No problem" Crew rotation day for Icarus Station with the 77-place KOB-III. And even then it will take multiple trips. Sigh. Who designed this anyway?
  1. Load more activity