All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. And I have completed my Tylo mission. I was able to get into Tylo's SOI like I predicted/hoped for - using Jool as a gravity well, and then getting a "free" encounter with Tylo. The odd thing is that I ended with a Joolian Ap of 5+ million km, which took over a year to get to after entering Jool's SOI. And then another year to get the Tylo encounter. So 2+ years just to get to Tylo. Which I did: So, you'll notice that Stage 1 has 950 m/s of dV remaining, while the lander stage - Stage 2 - has 0. Which is why I brought up the Resource panel, so you can see that the tanks on Stage 2 actually do have fuel in them. And I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is. Is this due to the engines on Stage 2 not being activated? Or is it because of the docking port separating Stages 1 and 2? Either way, unsure. Anyhow, I was able to put the lander on the ground on Tylo: All that building, and the lander stage exploded upon impact. The rover inside survived, which is good. But the lander stage apparently had design issues. When I pointed this thing Retrograde (using the probe core on the rover as the control point) and then fired the engines, the thing spun wildly end-over-end. I think that's due to it being unbalanced inside; the rover sat near the back of the cargo bay, making that end heavier than the front. I like the rover design, but the lander needs work. Anyhow, driving off to the monument. I really REALLY REALLY like the rover design. It's simple, effective, and is responsive to commands. Unfortunately, brakes don't work unless you hold the B key, so unless you are on a perfectly flat piece of terrain, this thing rolls. Might need langing legs attached to keep it from rolling around. Anyhow... So the LKSA (Las Kerbas Space Agency) has touched down on Tylo. Where to next? I'm not sure, but I need a break after the multiple weeks I spent on this one mission alone.
  3. You want to use track if you are very heavy like the NASA crawlers and also move in very broken terrains as tanks. or don't want to add much ground pressure like the tractor above, in spring the soil is also very wet and tracks should work well here.
  4. Now I wonder if the doughnut between the rotating bar and the tanks are the colony hub who enables you to enter orbital VAB mode. The rotating bar with 8 windows I guess is science as each floor will have its own spin gravity. You also have the complex looking square thing, not the hub as it was added later. Probably another science part or something with resources, the large wheel is obviously habitation. One nice thing would be if 2.5 m and larger struts had the option to have an crew transfer tube inside.
  5. Now the 35 science points for 200 ton to Minmus is fixed in minutes, changed to 300 Docking ports might be harder, but on craft load game should check if docking port is docked to something and if not set it to ready to dock.
  6. Granted, but you are awful at everything else. I wish humans colonized the solar system and that we were building a Dyson swarm.
  7. You probably set the altitude you want to finish at to be lower. Go to the config settings for Lift (gear icon) and set the altitude to finish at to be something higher that's outside the atmo for Kerbin.
  8. Frontier is internally considered Kerbin, so that would be why. You'll get this effect with any homeworld.
  9. I just tested with 50 TWR vessel on Minimus. Going straight up uses 248 dV to escape the SOI. Changing to a near horizontal trajectory and burning in a straight line uses almost the same amount of dV. However, throttling down and taking a gradual spiral used 279 dV.
  10. Kapcom, this is Valentina aboard Kerpollo 13 reporting all systems nominal. We have successfully flown upwards until reaching space, right where we expected to find it. Preparing to turn right and head for the Mun in around… four minutes. Stage 2 separation complete. Jeb’s outside, the big show-off, horsing around on his jetpack while we idle towards apokee. He’s getting low on propellant, so I’d better call him in. CRAKOOM crak crak crak hissssssssssssssssssss Kapcom, we have a probhzzzzz. Green alert, repeat, I am declaring a green alert. Yes, I know it means changing the bulb. Kzzzzzt multiple impacts, micromcrrrrrroids or maybe carelessly discarded snacks from Kerpollo 12. I’m reading extensive damage to the third stage. We have fuel leaks, the main batteries have shorted out, the MEM fuel gauge is on the fritz and I hzzzzzzt crk zzzzp definitely had more legs when we set out. Jeb’s going to be upset, he built that thing himself – he’s ever so proud of it. Hold on, I’m getting a signal– ….. Kapcom, Jeb reports bingo fhzzzzz. He’s running on fumes out there. He keeps telling me to leave him behind and save myself, but I’m not having any of that “women and kerblings first” nonsense. Crkrrrrrrk instrumentation malfunction, so I’ll have to plot an intercept using the Mark 1 eyeball – at speed. Only three minutes left to apokee but… I can do this. I have a plan. I’m going to save Jeb, complete the mission, and I will bring us home. Valentina, over and out. Rather than a standard challenge, this is a modified save file designed to throw you into the thick of it. To install, create a new folder called e.g. “Kerpollo 13” next to your existing campaign folder (which should be in C:\Users\"your name"\AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\Saves\SinglePlayer). Then drop the three files here into the new folder. Next time you start the game, you should find a new campaign waiting for you containing a single save. Mission Goals: BRONZE (Start here. No, really): Rescue Jeb and return safely to the ground. SILVER: + orbit the Mun. GOLD: + land on the Mun, collect the sacred Science (including an environment survey and radiation scan), and plant a flag. THE SCOTT MANLEY CHALLENGE: The ultimate test of piloting skill. Annoy friends/family/coworkers by suggesting they’re not a real kerbal unless they complete the scenario live, without pausing or loading at any point (unless you step on a bug. Save often). If you weren’t dashingly bald to start with, you will be by the end. Bragging rights: How much delta-v can you preserve on the final stage, before separating for re-entry? Mods required: None. Mods allowed: Cosmetic only. Nothing that would help. Ethos: There’s no trick here, you don’t need to bend in-game logic to breaking point or Kobayashi Maru your way through the scenario. All that’s required is problem solving and skill. (On which note, the KSC has no other rockets ready for take-off at this time – no rescue launches allowed!) You have everything you need to complete the mission. The scenario is designed to test your piloting skill. It’s exactly as hard as it should be. Notes: Future bug fixes may resolve the “broken fuel gauge” and instrumentation glitches while attempting to dock, so enjoy the real challenge while it lasts (or revert to 0.2.1). It’s not a bug if it’s a feature. The MEM docking port is intended as a clamp/attachment point. Kerbals aren’t actually expected to squeeze through there. The atmo sniffer is just for silliness. Known issues: Sometimes when loading the game for the first time, bits poke out of the MEM fairing for no obvious reason. Reloading fixed this for me. Sometimes phantom forces kick Jeb away at high speed. At the very start, he should be drifting away at < 1m/s (things may get worse after that). If not, reload. Bugs are inevitable at this stage of the game. Quicksave/quickload usually does the trick. Installation: Places the files here- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uE_NsFQsYRNoD9fPUOXU5efBBbnT3FtQ?usp=sharing -into a new folder alongside your regular campaign saves (usually found in C:\Users\"your name"\AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\Saves\SinglePlayer - unless you've found a cunning way to move them). Launch the game, open the new campaign and load the save. I do have the general computing skills of the average toddler, so let me know if I've messed up the file sharing or otherwise screwed up. I'm sure it can be fixed
  11. Today
  12. I did the test, this happened The skipper has its glorious plume, but the reliant and swivel don't I then tried deleting the MM cache files, relaunched, loaded the craft again, and nervously hit the Z key Nothing changed My guess is I must've screwed something up while installing. However, I don't want to reinstall. If it helps, this is the output on the waterfall editor: Only the skipper effects show, which really adds up to the issue. On a craft with only non-plume engines (i.e a spark, which doesn't work for me currently) it outputs this: It simply can't see that it' meant to add a waterfall plume to the engine. Any non-reinstall solution based on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
  13. The operative word is time though. The spiralling makes sense at normal or low TWR where time fighting gravity would pile up. But at some point as the design TWR increases the time spent fighting gravity will drop and reach a break even point. What am I missing?
  14. 7.56 AU is definitely wrong. 1AU (Astronomical Unit) is defined as the average Sun-Earth distance. Or Kerbol-Kerbin in the game I guess. Afaik the planet parameters are the same to KSP1 Kerbins Radius is 600.000 so: r x 2 x π = 3.769.911m You can find all parameters in the wiki https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Kerbin
  15. For those of you looking to contribute, I'd recommend adding to the Fandom wiki for now - and then once we have a plan in place we can move everything off of Fandom. Re: mediawiki extensions, we can look at anything y'all think would be helpful. -- To help get organized, would it be useful to start a subforum here on the KSP forums?
  16. The exclamation mark at the front of that line tells Module Manager to delete the element it refers to. If there aren't other patches that replace the ht2_02 tank type with something else in part definitions then that would be a problem. EDIT: Actually looking at this further I think it might be the following line that is more of a problem. Mods should not be using FOR clauses for other mods. That FOR[HabTech2] should be changed to a NEEDS[HabTech2] or AFTER[HabTech2] (it depends on how HabTech2 itself is configured.
  17. No, CKAN shows that mod version 1.3.1 is compatible with KSP 1.8.0 to 1.11.99 (which means it is most likely also compatible with KSP 1.12.5 - and I've used in on such without problems)
  18. Hello, my question regards the Near Future Construction mod. CKAN shows it to only be compatible with versions up to 1.3.1 Is that correct?
  19. Launching straight up from the Mun to a return at Kerbin is totally doable. If you are on the equator at the trailing terminator, and you launch perfectly straight up, you can simply make sure you are at 0 velocity relative to Kerbin as you leave the Mun's SOI. That will let you just drop straight down the well to Kerbin. However, it's not the most efficient way to do it, because you fight the Mun's gravity the entire time. If you choose a path that spirals around the Mun until it reaches the SOI boundary point with the same 0 speed relative to Kerbin, it takes more time but uses less fuel.
  20. Like otheres in this thread, I think that having a new namespace or even another website althogether would be better than having this, as KSP 2 is shaping up to differ from KSP 1. Yeah, they both share similarities (or else KSP 2 wouldn't be named that way, duh), but they're different enough for me to think that starting over would be the better option. It also just creates ambiguity, links the two games together and forces us to use the old MediaWiki version. I don't know about you, but I do not like the old MediaWiki. Here is a comparison (WARNING: Large Code input coming!): <includeonly>{{Infobox|width=280 |name={{{transcription|{{Body data/Name|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}}}} {{#if: {{{transcription|}}}{{#ifeq: {{Body data/Name|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}||1}}|({{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}})}} |file={{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|file}} |file style=background:black |notes={{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}|<references group="Note"> <ref name="centered">{{Infobox/Body/Dict|note}}</ref></references>}} |lines= {{Infobox/Line|{{lang |en={{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} as seen from orbit. |de={{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} vom Orbit aus gesehen. |es={{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} como se ve desde la órbita. |fr=La planète {{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} vue depuis l'orbite. |hr=Pogled na {{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} iz orbite. |hu={{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} a pályáról nézve |it={{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} visto dall'orbita |ja=軌道からみた{{Body data/Name|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} |ko={{Body data/Name|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} 을 궤도에서 바라본 모습이다. |nl={{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} gezien vanuit de ruimte. |pl={{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} widok z orbity. |pt={{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} visto de uma órbita |ru={{Body data/Name|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} - вид с орбиты. |tr=Uzaydan görünen haliyle {{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}} |zh-cn=从轨道上看{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}。 }}|style=text-align: center; font-size:smaller;}} {{Infobox/Line|[[{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|class}}{{if lang}}|{{#switch: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|class}} |Star={{Celestial/Dict|Star}} |Planet={{Celestial/Dict|Planet}} |Dwarf planet={{Celestial/Dict|Dwarf}} |Moon={{Celestial/Dict|Moon}} |#default={{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|class}}[[Category:Infobox/Body with unrecognized class]] }}]] {{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|of}} [[{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}{{if lang}}|{{Celestial/Dict|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}}}]] }}|style=text-align: center;}} {{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}| {{Infobox/Line|'''{{Infobox/Body/Dict|orbital}}'''}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|sma}} |2=<span style="white-space:nowrap;">{{formatnum|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|semi-major axis}}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}} <ref name="centered" group="Note" /></span>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|apo}} |2=<span style="white-space:nowrap;">{{formatnum|{{#expr: {{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} round 1}}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}} <ref name="centered" group="Note" /></span>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|per}} |2=<span style="white-space:nowrap;">{{formatnum|{{#expr: {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} round 1}}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}} <ref name="centered" group="Note" /></span>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|ecc}} |{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|eccentricity}} round 3}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|inc}} |{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|orbinc}} round 3 }}&nbsp;°}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|pe arg}} |{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pe arg}}&nbsp;°}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|an arg}} |{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|an arg}}&nbsp;°}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|anomaly}} |{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|anomaly}} round 3}}&nbsp;{{Dict|rad}} <small>({{Infobox/Body/Dict|at}})</small>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|period}} |{{formatnum|{{#expr: {{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} round 1 }}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|s}} |<small>{{ExpandTime|{{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}}}</small>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|synodic}} |{{#ifeq: {{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|Kerbin|''{{Infobox/Body/Dict|undefined}}''|{{formatnum|{{#expr: {{OrbitSynodicPeriod|{{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}|{{#ifeq: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}|Kerbol|{{Body data/Sidereal orbit|Kerbin}}|{{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}}}}}}} round 1 }}|1}}&nbsp;{{Dict|s}} |<small>{{#ifeq: {{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|Kerbin||{{ExpandTime|{{OrbitSynodicPeriod|{{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}|{{#ifeq: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}|Kerbol|{{Body data/Sidereal orbit|Kerbin}}|{{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}}}}}}}}}</small>}}}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|velocity}} |{{#ifeq: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|eccentricity}}|0|{{formatnum|{{#expr: 2 * pi * {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|semi-major axis}} / {{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} round 1 }}}}|{{formatnum|{{#expr: 2 * pi * {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|semi-major axis}} / {{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} * ((1 - {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|eccentricity}}) / (1 + {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|eccentricity}}))^(0.5) round 1 }}}} - {{formatnum|{{#expr: 2 * pi * {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|semi-major axis}} / {{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} * ((1 + {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|eccentricity}}) / (1 - {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|eccentricity}}))^(0.5) round 1 }}}}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}}/{{Dict|s}}}} {{#ifeq: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|class}}|Moon|{{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|eclipsed}} |{{formatnum|{{#expr: ceil(((2 * (({{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} + {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}) / 2) * (({{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} * {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}})^0.5)) / ((((2 * {{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} * {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}) / ({{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} + {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}})) * ({{G}} * {{Body data/Mass|{{{name|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}}}}}}))^0.5)) * ((asin({{Body data|{{{name|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}}}}|radius}} / (({{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} * {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}})^0.5))) + (((({{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} - {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}) / ({{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} + {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}})) * {{Body data|{{{name|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}}}}|radius}}) / (({{Body data/Apoapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} * {{Body data/Periapsis|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}})^0.5))))}}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|s}}}}}}}} {{Infobox/Line|'''{{Infobox/Body/Dict|physical}}'''}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|radius}} |{{formatnum|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|radius}}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|circumference}} |{{formatnum|{{#expr: 2 * pi * {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|radius}}}}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|area}} |{{sigfigs|{{#expr: 4 * pi * {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|radius}}^2}}|8}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}}<sup>2</sup>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|mass}} |{{sigfigs|{{Body data/Mass|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}|8}}&nbsp;{{Dict|k}}{{Dict|g}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|gravpar}} |{{sigfigs|{{#expr: {{Body data/Mass|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} * {{G}}}}|8}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}}<sup>3</sup>/{{Dict|s}}<sup>2</sup>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|density}} |{{sigfigs|{{#expr: {{Body data/Mass|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} / (4 * pi * {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|radius}}^3 / 3)}}|8}}&nbsp;{{Dict|k}}{{Dict|g}}/{{Dict|m}}<sup>3</sup>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|gravity}} |{{sigfigs|{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|gravity gees}} * 9.80665}}|3}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}}/{{Dict|s}}<sup>2</sup> <small>({{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|gravity gees}} round 3 }}&nbsp;''{{Dict|g}}'')</small>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|escape}} |{{formatnum|{{#expr: (2 * {{G}} * {{Body data/Mass|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} / {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|radius}})^0.5}}|2}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}}/{{Dict|s}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|rotation}} |{{sigfigs|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}}|8}}&nbsp;{{Dict|s}} |<small>{{ExpandTime|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}}}}</small>}} {{#ifeq: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|parent}}|Kerbol| {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|solar}} |{{sigfigs|{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}} / (1 - {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}} / {{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}})}}|8}}&nbsp;{{Dict|s}}|<small>{{ExpandTime|({{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}} / (1 - {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}} / {{Body data/Sidereal orbit|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}))}}</small>}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|sidereal}} |{{sigfigs|{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|radius}} * 2 * pi / {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}}}}|5}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}}/{{Dict|s}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|sync}} |{{#if: {{Body data/SOI|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}{{#ifexpr: {{OrbitAltitude/Core|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}}|{{Body data/Mass|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|radius}}}} < {{Body data/SOI|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}|1}}|{{OrbitAltitude | radius={{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|radius}} | mass={{Body data/Mass|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}} | period={{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sidrot}}|factor=k}}|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|outside}}}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|soi}} |{{#if: {{Body data/SOI|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}|<span style="white-space:nowrap;">{{sigfigs|{{Body data/SOI|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}}}|8}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}} <ref name="centered" group="Note" /></span>|∞}}}} {{Infobox/Line|'''{{Infobox/Body/Dict|atmospheric}}'''}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|atmo}} |{{#ifexpr: {{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}}|0}} > 0|{{Yes}}|{{No}}}}}} {{#ifexpr: {{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}}|0}} > 0| {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|pressure}} |{{sigfigs|{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}} * 101.325}}|6}}&nbsp;{{Dict|k}}{{Dict|Pa}} |{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}} round 6 }}&nbsp;{{Dict|atm}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|height}} |{{formatnum|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|atmospheric height}}}}&nbsp;{{Dict|m}} |<small>{{sigfigs|{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}} * 1e-6}}|2}}&nbsp;{{Dict|atm}}</small>}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|temp-min}} |{{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|min temp}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|min temp}}&nbsp;°C <small>{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|min temp}} + 273.15}}&nbsp;{{Dict|K}}</small>|{{Dict|Unknown}}}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|temp-max}} |{{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|max temp}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|max temp}}&nbsp;°C <small>{{#expr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|max temp}} + 273.15}}&nbsp;{{Dict|K}}</small>|{{Dict|Unknown}}}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|oxygen}} |{{#ifeq: {{uc:{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|oxygen}}}}|YES|{{Yes}}|{{No}}}}}}}} {{Infobox/Line|'''{{Infobox/Body/Dict|sci}}'''}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|surface}} |{{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci landed surf}}|{{#if: {{#ifexpr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci landed surf}} > 0|1}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci landed surf}}|''N/A''}}|''N/A''}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|splashed}} |{{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci splashed surf}}|{{#if: {{#ifexpr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci splashed surf}} > 0|1}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci splashed surf}}|''N/A''}}|''N/A''}}}} {{#ifexpr: {{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|pressure}}|0}} > 0| {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|low-atmo}} |{{#if: {{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci lower atmo}}|{{#if: {{#ifexpr: {{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci lower atmo}} > 0|1}}|{{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci lower atmo}}|''N/A''}}|''N/A''}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|up-atmo}} |{{#if: {{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci upper atmo}}|{{#if: {{#ifexpr: {{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci upper atmo}} > 0|1}}|{{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci upper atmo}}|''N/A''}}|''N/A''}}}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|near}} |{{#if: {{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci near space}}|{{#if: {{#ifexpr: {{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci near space}} > 0|1}}|{{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci near space}}|''N/A''}}|''N/A''}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|outer}} |{{#if: {{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci outer space}}|{{#if: {{#ifexpr: {{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci outer space}} > 0|1}}|{{BodyData|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci outer space}}|''N/A''}}|''N/A''}}}} {{Infobox/Line|{{Infobox/Body/Dict|recovery}} |{{#if: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci recovery}}|{{#if: {{#ifexpr: {{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci recovery}} > 0|1}}|{{Body data|{{{name|{{BASEPAGENAME}}}}}|sci recovery}}|''N/A''}}|''N/A''}}}} }}</includeonly> This code here is the entire Infobox/Body Template on the KSP wiki. It works. Can you read it? I can't. Don't get me wrong, this isn't the fault of the authors - they did a great job with what they had. It's just that the MediaWiki Version the KSP Wiki uses is old and doesn't have the Scribunto or ParserFunctions - Extensions installed. For comparison, here is an example with Scribunto (Lua): <includeonly>{{#invoke:Infobox/Body|infoboxCreate|{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}</includeonly> This innocent line invokes the following Lua Module: --<pre> -- Load Modules local loader = require('Module:Loader') local string, table, yesno, arguments, Infobox, templates, body, versionAliases = loader.require('Module:String', 'Module:Table', 'Module:YesNo', 'Module:Arguments', 'Module:Infobox', 'Module:String/Templates', 'Module:Body', 'Module:VersionAliases') local getArgs = arguments.getArgs local curTitle = mw.title.getCurrentTitle() local getBody = body._nicerNumbers local getBodyPrimitive = body._getBody local p = {} --Creates an infobox function p.infoboxCreate(frame) local args = getArgs(frame) return p._infoboxCreate(frame, args[1], args[2]) end --Creates an Infobox using the infobox module. function p._infoboxCreate(frame, pageName, inputName) local celestialBody = getBody(inputName) --returns the body data in nicer form. See Module:Body for more info. if not celestialBody then celestialBody = getBody(pageName) end if not celestialBody then return error("Page Name not working and unknown body "..inputName) end local category_to_add = '[[Category:Celestial Bodies]][[Category:'..celestialBody.typeBody..'s]]'--adds catgeories --Infobox creation starts here. For further information, see Module:Infobox local ibox = Infobox() ibox:addTitle{celestialBody.name} --General Information applying to all Stars ibox:addImage{celestialBody.file} local generalInfo = ibox:addGroup{header = "General Information"} generalInfo:addData{"[["..celestialBody.typeBody.."]]", label = "Type"} --Use data only for non-star objects if(celestialBody.typeBody ~= "Star") then generalInfo:addData{"[["..celestialBody.orbitingBody.."]]", label = "Orbiting Body"} generalInfo:addData{celestialBody.typeSurface, label = "Surface Type"} generalInfo:addData{celestialBody.geothermal_activity, label = "Geothermal Activity"} end generalInfo:addData{"[["..celestialBody.planetarySystem.."]]", label = "Planetary System"} generalInfo:addData{"[["..celestialBody.since_version.."|"..versionAliases[celestialBody.since_version].."]]", label = "Since Version"} :done() local physicalCharacteristics = ibox:addGroup{header = "Physical Characteristics", collapse = 'closed'} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.radius.." m", label = "Radius"} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.aquetorial_circumference.." m", label = "Aquetorial Circumference"} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.surface_area.." m²", label = "Surface Area"} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.mass.." kg", label = "Mass"} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.GM.." m<sup>3</sup>s<sup>-2</sup>", label = "GM"} if(celestialBody.typeBody ~= "Star") then physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.sphere_of_influence.." m", label = "Sphere of Influence"} else physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.luminosity.." kgm<sup>2</sup>s<sup>-3</sup>", label = "Luminosity"} end physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.density.." kgm<sup>-3</sup>", label = "Density"} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.surface_gravity.." ms<sup>-2</sup>", label = "Surface Gravity"} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.axial_tilt.."°", label = "Axial Tilt"} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.sidereal_rotation.." s", label = "Sidereal Rotation Period"} if(getBodyPrimitive(celestialBody.orbitingBody or '').typeBody == "Star") then physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.solar_day.." s", label = "Solar Day"} end physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.escape_velocity.." ms<sup>-1</sup>", label = "Escape Velocity"} physicalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.sidereal_rotation_velocity.." ms<sup>-1</sup>", label = "Sidereal Rotation Velocity"} :done() local orbitalCharacteristics = ibox:addGroup{header = "Orbital Characteristics", collapse = 'closed'} if(celestialBody.typeBody ~= "Star") then orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.semiMajorAxis.." m", label = "Semi Major Axis"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.apoapsis.." m", label = "Apoapsis"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.periapsis.." m", label = "Periapsis"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.eccentricity, label = "Eccentricity"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.inclination.."°", label = "Inclination"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.argument_of_periapsis.."°", label = "Argument of Periapsis"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.longtitude_of_the_ascending_node.."°", label = "Longtitude of the Ascending Node"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.orbital_period.." s", label = "Orbital Period"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.mean_orbital_velocity.." ms<sup>-1</sup>", label = "Mean Orbital Velocity"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.apoapsis_velocity.." ms<sup>-1</sup>", label = "Apoapsis Velocity"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.periapsis_velocity.." ms<sup>-1</sup>", label = "Periapsis Velocity"} end orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.synchronous_orbit.." m", label = "Synchronous Orbit"} orbitalCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.semi_synchronous_orbit.." m", label = "Semi-Synchronous Orbit"} :done() local atmosphericCharacteristics = ibox:addGroup{header = "Atmospheric Characteristics", collapse = 'closed'} if(celestialBody.atmosphere == 0) then atmosphericCharacteristics:addData{"Has no atmosphere", label = "Atmosphere"} else atmosphericCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.atmosphere.." atm", label = "Atmosphere"} atmosphericCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.atmospheric_heigth.." m", label = "Atmospheric Heigth"} atmosphericCharacteristics:addData{celestialBody.oxygen, label = "Oxygen"} end atmosphericCharacteristics:done() local infoboxString = ibox:tostring() infoboxString = frame:preprocess(infoboxString)--preprocess the table return table.concat{ infoboxString, curTitle.namespace == 0 and category_to_add or '' } end return p It uses some other Lua Modules (which I won't all paste here). Is it a bit slower? Probably. Does it really impact the site? No, not as far as I know (you can test it out yourself, it's on the fandom wiki sadly (I only work with what I have too - that's why so I'm excited about the official wiki, being free from the fangs of Fandom!)). Does it work? Yes. Is it easy to read/maintain/change? Ask it yourself, this was written by me (an 18 year-old with like two years of sporadic Wikipedia/Fandom experience). I bet you could write it too. That's why I again beg for the Scribunto Extension to be installed. It makes life so much easier, makes "complex" wiki edits like creating templates that do stuff a lot easier and gives much more power to the editor. The only drawback is that it is a bit slower than the internal MediaWiki Template Code but as long as the module doesn't have to process databases or something those loading times aren't even noticeable. With a KSP 2 wiki that would work on the old KSP wiki, this wouldn't be possible, though. Sadly.
  1. Load more activity