All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Pfffft. You need to think of a proper challenge for the likes of Jim. Yay! If you want to go a bit more British, there's always 'Jeb Kerman - Pilot of the Future'. After all you don't get much more of a kerbal arch villain than The Mekon. It's a proper 'k word' and everything.
  3. Usually it is the C: drive. For that just open File explorer and see which one is C: and note the size. And as described it sounds like the ssd is your boot drive. Note that's usually. I've seen, and done accidentally, other configurations. The firm check is to open the case, after unplugging it of course, and disconnect one of the two hard drives. With that hard drive still unplugged turn it back on again, and see if it boots up. If it does the drive that's connected is your boot drive. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40335/how-to-tell-which-disk-windows-used-to-boot will give you the answer as well without having to open the case. There's a bunch of other ways, but you're digging deeper in to the mechanics.
  4. Kilo60

Flat-Bottom Shuttle Systems

Having trouble with the attachment Nodes for the included wings to get them lined up. Also the "Move/Tool" doesn't seem to work when trying to grab them to adjust manually. Any ideas here? Thanks!
  5. I think he DOES mean in relation to this mod..I too have the same question, as SSTU keeps telling me the current graphics mode isnt supported, to force opengl or dx11. how do I enable that?
  6. Triop

What did you do in KSP today?

Todaydreaming
  7. DarkFighter

[1.7.x] DarkFighter's Skyboxes - Red Spiders!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have a look at them. Though I am currently waiting for the SpaceEngine update, which makes galaxies and nebulas look much more awesome, which is hopefully coming out in as early as next week to as late as 2 months. So excuse me, if I'm not as active as usual.
  8. People say it looks like an APAS-89/95 clone. No idea.
  9. Sorry, but this is the lamest excuse possible. It's clearly a bug/downgrade. I'm with you. This is getting so ridiculous already!
  10. StrandedonEarth

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker

In one novel, there is a reference to the “refresher”. Pretty sure it was one of the several with Mara Jade
  11. Lo Var Lachland

KSP Military Mega Thread

Interesting. I've never used PWings before. I'll have to try them out. Thanks!
  12. Tyr Anasazi

Stock propeller air altitude record

I really like this challenge! Bradley's clampatron vector trick has renewed my interest in electric props and this challenge has come at the right time. Many hours have been spent building and testing this detonation-prone craft! Not a valid entry for this challenge (yet) because my craft "Moto" doesn't have a cockpit. It isn't Kerbal certified yet.... explosions & lolz occur on a high proportion of flights Landing this craft is very hard because the heavily clipped engines are extremely heavy. Moto can glide but it weighs 10 tons, therefore making it hit the ground or water at a non-exploding velocity is difficult! I have thus far managed one damage-free landing by adding 8 parachutes under the fairing, which has to be popped to deploy the chutes and softly touch the heavy beast down to Kerba Firma. Sorry no screenshot yet. "Moto" is very different from my previous Mach 2 craft "Spinner" as it doesn't use RTG's for power but fuel cells. The cells are fuelled by R11 Baguette and R4 dumpling tanks, which are used in the bearing instead of stayputniks. They work great with the added booby prize of exploding hilariously when things go wrong. Here is what Moto has achieved so far: 15,206m level flight (at mach 2.7): Moto's zoom to max altitude so far has reached 23.7KM:
  13. Some random person

[1.3] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

96 KERBALS? That’s a lot of room for immigrants... or for “kolony growth”
  14. StrandedonEarth

Shower thoughts

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C Clarke Electronics actually run on smoke. If you let the smoke out it stops working. On hearing that the San Jose Sharks theme during these playoffs is “ Keep on rocking in the TEAL world” my train of thought eventually led me to wonder if different duck species interbreed...?
  15. Geonovast

What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Don't do it! It's a TRAP.
  16. KJR/L works fine from 1.2.2 to 1.70, KSPe.dll too. The bug is not on KSPe, I did everything by the book, following C# specifications. And this is the problem - would be something I was doing wrong, I would had fixed it by now. The problem is your installment, where a dependency from something else is borking, and this triggers a critical bug on Unity's Mono implementation. But besides the problem being something else in your installment (probably a missing dependency), this problem is not a bug - it's just a mistake. The real bug is on Unity's Mono Implementation, that leaves its internal data structures in a inconsistent state if anything goes wrong! It's weird that such a stupid bug was left alone on a paid product for so many years, but yet… It's Unity. We need to get used to it. I'm currently reevaluating my options. Handing over Reflection (that thingy that I'm using and that's bugged) would forces me to reevaluate all my design - literally, almost everything would be thrown through the window. I made some small improvements on KSPe that would make just but faster on some functions (cache), and by collateral effect, would help to rely a bit less on Reflection - once the first try works, it's remembered and so when something else borks later, it will only affects new clients, and not the previous ones. Not a fix, but this can make some things work for a bit longer. But it's not a fix, and I out of time for playing KSP for these days - so, I'm not properly testing that release on a "production KSP" (my games), and so it would be dangerous to release this new KSPe now. Currently, only a few users with corrupted installments are unable to use it. I do something wrong on the new release, all of them will be unable to run the thing. My best advise is to fix your installment, solving all the ADD-ON BINDER Errors that are being issued with a following Exception (the ones without exceptions are safe). Being unable to do that, on the short term you need to avoid KSPe and anything that use it - so my second best advise to you would be use KSP-RO's fork.
  17. cubinator

What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Yesterday I got offered a job!
  18. Flibble

[1.5] Real Fuels v12.7.3

I think this is because of how RF calculates thrust values. The config files have vac thrust and the Isp curve. To get SL thrust you calculate the mass flow rate from the vac thrust and vac Isp then by the effective exhaust velocity (which is derived from the SL Isp). This means if you reduce the SL Isp it reduces the SL thrust as the mass flow rate is considered fixed. A rocket with SL Isp so much lower than vac but with thrust much closer together would require variable fuel flow which rockets don't tend to have.
  19. I started smoking 7 years ago, back when I thought physical addiction was a silly concept. I don't think it's silly any more. On another note, I'm burnt out on the forums. At least half of that is the insistence on applying rules without considering context. (The other half is the influx of stupid, rude children) So, I'm leaving. I'll log in to finish out a project I'm working on for somebody, but I don't feel the joy of participation any more.
  20. kerbiloid

Shower thoughts

But... Physics is part of magic.
  21. RealKerbal3x

Shower thoughts

If magic was real, it wouldn't be called magic; it would just be part of physics.
  22. sturmhauke

KSP Military Mega Thread

Those appear to be pwings also, just reduced to stubs.
  23. RealKerbal3x

[1.7.x] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

@Angel-125 Not sure if this is PEBCAK or a bug, but when I put Cyclone engines on my airship and try to set up an action group for reverse thrust it doesn't work (the airship moves forward rather than backward). When I'm adding the engines to the airship, I have four facing backward, so I set those on reverse by default and have the action group 'Toggle Forward/Reverse Thrust' for all eight engines. Reverse thrust seems to work on your sample craft, but not if I build it from scratch, which is odd. Of course, I might be being stupid and it works absolutely fine.
  24. JadeOfMaar

[1.6.1] Beyond Home 1.1.0 - After Kerbol has Died.

The reason that Rhode is still called Kerbin by some mods is that "Rhode" is merely a display name and those mods don't respect the display name parameter. On the functional level, Rhode is still named Kerbin. Changing it breaks mods like MechJeb and other autopilots (likely, when you change the planet you change the KSC location too), and breaks most contract packs which are hardcoded expecting the homeworld to be "Kerbin" and may be expecting Mun and Minmus to exist too.
  1. Load more activity